What hobbies do you have to unwind?

Thanks for your comments, @mlawson71! :slight_smile:

I think that is a very useful approach in many fields and maybe particularly in forex trading. Too often we traders are drawn into following the crowd like “sheep to the slaughter”: :crazy_face:

sheep to the slaughter

PS NOT one of my pictures :grin:

2 Likes

That applies to people in all walks of life, not just traders. We have the herd mentality, unfortunately.

1 Like

Oh I meant like Shutterstock or other stock photo sites. I have friends who take nice photos of random stuff and they sell them on those sites. It’s not big money but hey, money won’t grow on trees so it’s still something.

I go in and out of this site. But I mostly just respond to whichever strikes me as interesting. I’ve noticed though there doesn’t seem to be as much “online drama” as before. Perhaps they were the ones creating the good content?

Some people just have the eye for it! You and @anon46773462 are blessed with such talents!

Yeah! Or maybe @anon46773462 can create a photo thread and we just share nice photos we’ve taken there or something. Not sure though if something like that already exists here. Looks like we got a couple of photographers in the house. Good break from staring at words and numbers all day.

I am all for that idea!
@anon46773462, if you ever feel like it, please do!

1 Like

Hmmm, Whilst I appreciate the comments and the idea, I would have preferred to see such enthusiasm more with respect to my forex thoughts than my pics - afterall, that is the main reason I am here really! :thinking: Although BP is a nice community to be part of in general

But never mind that! :smiley:

I might do a compromise and concentrate my thoughts on markets, trades and personal reflections, both on forex issues and anything else, including pics, in a general journal. That way, anyone interested can read them and everyone else can happily ignore me!! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

will look forward for them.

1 Like

I will say a nice football or tennis match, plastered on the couch, drink in hand, maybe a pizza. Not really a hobby, but you get the idea.

A good book, murder mystery/spy novel/political thriller/all of those in one, is also great. Takes your mind away from the daily grind.

1 Like

I prefer fiction that tends toward the fantastic/sci-fi for the same reasons. It’s how I rest my mind and my psyche.

Even better!

What book are you on rn? Looking for recommendations.

@mlawson71 - Have you heard of “House of Leaves”?

I’m easy to please. About to start The President is Missing, by James Patterson and Bill Clinton. Patterson writes a book about every week it seems!

Nice! Let me know if it’s good!

Bec of your Patterson comment, it made me google which author has written the most number of books. How surprising - it’s Scientology’s very own LRH!

Yes it makes me happy but after spending many hours i realize that i could have used those hours doing something useful.

I unwind by backtesting strategies on Trading View.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I wish I were as dedicated as you. :sweat_smile:

I am about to start another session of it lol

1 Like

wow! wishing you all the success.

I am working hard on it!

2 Likes

hard work always pays off.

I have actually. I was considering reading it, but what’s stopping me is that I need to get a hard copy because that’s not a book you can read on a digital device and I confess I have long stopped getting hard copies of any books. But that is a pretty minor issue.