What is the best industry to invest in and why" type of question for a job interview?

G’day guys, if I have a job interview and they ask me this type of questions “what industry is best to invest in and why”? What do you is the best industry and why, in your opinion?

Cheers

I’m sure a lot of people will say crypto but I feel that in the upcoming years the pharmaceutical industry will be the true winner.

Also Precious Metals is a safe bet as well.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

It depends on the focus of the company you’re applying to. Real state is a long, steady investment that always make profits, whereas for short-term turnouts, you could answer cryptos or Forex, and so on.
Could you give us more details on the company itself?

Interesting…and yes sure, so basically there is no particular focus the company has and that company will be giving our team only $20,000 to manage since we are still uni students…and the question is going to be specifically asked “If you could invest in any industry, which one would it be and why?”. Note that they are saying investing not trading…

Cryptos. They are on a downtrend and are a good investment for a medium-long timeframe

Sounds good, thanks.

Pharmaceuticals and healthcare are the safest bids. If I could recommend, I would say Waste Management.

4 Likes

To be Honest, the more I think about this supposed “Job” the more is screams “Scam” at me ! - I’d be more interested in interviewing THEM ! Particularly about why - would “they” give a “Student” 20,000 to gamble with AND pay that student at the same time ?

Any hint of YOU having to pay THEM as an “Investment”, “Start up costs”, “Tuition fees” or having to “Make good any losses” - RUN A MILE !

Ahahahaha relax my friend and don’t judge…I will be working with their team and I am there only for 3 months as work experience and most of the decisions won’t only be made by me. Plus, they are not paying me any dollar it’s just work experience but I have to answer this type of question in the interview…You could have answered the question without judging, but anw I gave you all the information to relax your ego of judging a little bit.

Cheers

Thanks for your opinion. Sounds interesting to me.

Found that out in a video that said one of Bill Gates portfolio is in Waste Management

Now if you’d said that in the beginning - I wouldn’t have tried to save you ! :sunglasses:

Part of the trading process is that we have to make judgements based on incomplete information - which apparently is what I did.

A bit harsh perhaps given the good intentions of my post - however.-

OK then - It’s likely that we are heading foe a worldwide recession - so you probably want something which is going to maintain it’s price and possibly produce an income by way of dividend - Despite the uncertainties of “Global Warming” - I’d think Utilities may be a fairly safe place

Thanks for your time and help.
I appreciate it

1 Like

Now it sounds good my friend, thanks for your help.

Co-incidentally, I watched it a day before you posted the question.

that was a good coincidence for me.

1 Like

Haha! Lucky you, Did you use it in your interview?

Yep yep and they were happy about it…waiting for their call (hopefully). I will let you know once I get the job…Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Thats lovely! Congratulations.