What Really Turned My Trading Around

Men, i stuck with MP and wick all kind of Frequency, i could not find mq4 for those. I love this topic but i am slow down because i dont want to ask to Guru Relativity next month how a 20 pip rule of EUR still intact or changes to 30/50 ? I need it for calculating for XAU/GOLD as well

Relativity, why dont you consider to open an online class ? There are several ones which collecting 3000 USD just giving out 1 of 10000000 of tons of knowledge provided here.You know so well how to link between observation and statistics. Singapore rocks !

One more thing, do you consider some sentiment index released by brokers ? Those kind of contrarian index

Are those realiable ? What if many retails who are sideway knowing that piece of infomation as well. Do they give up the idea of jumping to short GBP from now on ? How about those who dont know, do they place sell limit right now ? Seem people joining to short more. On other hand, should i consider to long GBP/USD ? Or should I wait for shorting according to this topic’ strategy ? And i dont know how many pips requirement for GBP, 30 pip rule or 40 ? In terms of chart, GBP get a very strong move due to short cover of of retail traders. Recently, h5 swing 250 pips whereas d1 swing 330pips. GBP approaching an upper-line . For FA, France election and people seem to lost faith in EUR so switch to GBP. Should we just stick to TA only and ignore FA such as the possibility of falling down of EUR in case of a new president elected ? Or dont we bother at all ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes Rela! I agree with you. Lagging indicators are good tools indeed to know where the losers hang out :slight_smile:

Still trying to figure it out.

Thank many Relativity. I have no doubt that Singapore will be a big financial hub someday with people like you

Btw, do you imply that shorting EUR/GBP is a good idea ? I missed EUR/GBP on 19th whereas EUR/USD just get kind of normal day. Need a code for a dashboard tracking all pairs when h5 swing or D1 new HL reached so we can deploy 20 pip tatic here. Does it apply well for crosses ?

Thanks for the hints, bro.

By chart, I don’t think it’s a right time to short as Tick volume has not been peaked yet. Am I right, Rela?

How can you make a pair USD/xxx ? Coding for that ? You have a vast knowledge, im bit of frustration to catch it up :slight_smile: Still try to read between the line

hi rel,

thank you for this awesome thread and insight into your research. i’ve been inhaling this this thread for the last couple of days and it could be a great addition to my strategy. i will test it with some modification (made possible by you) for the next one or two weeks and will let you know if it helped or not. my strat is based on critical levels, support/resistance, mainly turnarounds and not so much breakouts, all adjusted to the specific pair i’m trading and the current market state, especially news and volatility.

so long,
Stefan

i think i know exactly what you mean (i read the thread :P). and ya, will do. the strat i used (before the modifications from this thread) i still quite new though. i’ve been running it for about 5 weeks now but made relatively stable ~120%. But only relatively stable with a max drawdown of about 15%. hope your ideas will help me avoiding the “not so good trades” and squeeze out a little more from the good ones. well, will let you know

well, i’m just using a small amount of money with relatively high leverage. my stop loss is quite tight and i only open trades with reward-to-risk ratio of at least 1.25 or so. so it’s ok if i’m right only 50% or a little less. but with this comes of course also the every now and then large drawdown, it has to be, just by chance. still pretty sure that my system has at least some “edge”, so i will (hopefully) more or less constantly win more than 50%. i evaluated my trading history and it shows a win ratio of ~60% at 177 trades. but i’m still working on it and i am still testing it with small money for at least a couple of more weeks, or even months.

btw i see from the chart that you don’t use the TLZ from the MTF anymore. a reason for that?

EDIT: btw your chart is so clean lol, my charts are messy as hell because of many support/resistance/other critical levels, some trendlines, but i can still see the bigger picture (at least, i think i can) :wink:

Help for gold. Customization i mentioned earlier. A pip as defined on gold so different. Please show me how to adjust the parameters

^^^^^ I agree completely with rel,
I think this thread has helped az and me so much for the sole fact that rel have made us do things on our own.

I think the reason so many traders fail is because a lot of people expect to copy a system on the whole and that it will bring them profits, but the reality is that no system is fit for everyone, and to be truly successful you have to make your own system that can withstand any change in the market because you created it and you understand it and its flaws.

I believe that to know the market you first have to know your system, how it works and most important of all WHY it works.

when I first tried to use the barros swing indicator, all the parameters were messed up and I couldnt figure out why my charts didnt look like the ones rel posted. Then I started just going slowly adjusting each of the parameters one by one till it finally clicked how the indicator as a whole worked and what each number meant.

all in all I think the whole DIY aspect of this system is what makes it so successful because it makes us really pay attention to how price moves and changes the indicator.

Don’t think I don’t control you… Like the “BIG BROTHER”… :smiley:

Thank i still on thought of process in post #1 :)some lag behind. For me barros’ swing more than enough.Other things you share are too sophisticated for me, maybe i need a year to comprehend.
About coding , i registered for coding diploma 10 years ago but i dropped out after 1 session. Surprisingly, yesterday that school called me for returning class :slight_smile: I may consider take it, my coding skill almost zero. Now i regret that i not learning it

I know that quants very demanding. Glad that in singapore they have quantitative finance degrees in SUM or SIM i dont remmber.

ACtually, i dont have any friend relating to IT, i from other planet, so peer learning not my option. My personality loves learning by group. That is. I am too old for any school. Just thougt. That degree for my son, not me :slight_smile:

Take your time => and enjoy the process. No need to rush.

I got it, all your codes,kind of genious. My performance improved significantly. Actually i would like to trade last week but digging for Barros stuff.Asians rock !
As you said, a trader like me got some winning but thing went ugly later, something missing here. Thank bro. Willing fly over Singapore to give thank face to face :slight_smile:
Besides you , when i searched i found TheRumpledOne who quite interesting

So you are going to have a live trading like Larry William :slight_smile: Cool. Stick here. It is your home !

P/s:I long GBP instead of EUR, it bouncing more obviously. About EUR, i got short over the weekend, confident about new guy in France be elected, nice gap down in the morning

Ok guy… you’re becoming a nice trader… thanks to my teachings… ROFL :smiley:

Seriously speaking:

Where did it bounced…? Where H5/D1 Wave stopped? LOL

Confirmed by this one (classic MP merge)…

I just don’t understand my Volumes… very low in last days and today’s too… no Peaks like yours…

Confirm BHP, Australia using Excel too :slight_smile: for exploring mining
I am not so well in Excel but i belive Excel rocks. Cheap and effective tool for ERP
Actually, when i could not find your code, Relativity, i made it from Excel, for calculating wick and body

1. Classical MP was just for confirmation…
  2. Do you tink today we had weekly low…?
  3. I know volumes are different, but these are veeeery different… so, it could be difficult to understand if “someone left the market” from my chart… :slight_smile: