What Really Turned My Trading Around

Thanks Rel for the respond,
but I wonder why the swing lines looks ok on M1,M5 and M15, but looks pretty short and incomplete on tf H1 and higher… do nt know how to set the indi’s input properly… could see long n bold swing lines on your D1 chart but not on mine…

Come to think of it. EURJPY makes sense… JPY is strong and EUR is weak against USD… And the cross of it will give a very trendy move in one direction .

Hmmm… Since i came into this world very recently… There is much of it missing… I am still trying to read markets in terms of news… I did not get when you said using market volatility…
Btw, i have seen your screens… Oh my I got confused to see what the lines are connecting…
I tend to see charts as plain as possible without anything… Trying to get the flow of the market, going with the flow.
Just a weekly/daily snap as to get the current trend & back to 1-5-15-30min charts during trading…

I have around 4 monitors in front of me… So i arrange screens like this, along with DowJones & Commodities.
But i agree with you , that we can trade only 1-2 instruments .

Let me tell you one thing, For this new year, i have decided to close all my trades/positions in +ve. Call me crazy , But It’s a challenge for myself. But to do the same in real account. Account size should be huge though :slight_smile:

Here how it looks on M15 tf… am I drawing it right…:stuck_out_tongue:

and looks incomplete on D1…

pls comment…thanks Rel.

Rel,

If you can understand and read the markets, one look is all you need to put on a trade. I am still a amateur, Who has not gone through all the stages. Acting hyper, If you should call me :stuck_out_tongue:
Have given much thought for “trust” in candlesticks… someday looking forward from you to see what the flaws in candlesticks are :slight_smile:
I really liked your way of analysis. You know like the re-tracement in terms of pips… I have been trying to do all these visually. But with your way , its actually comfortable. But i havent tried any of the indicators you have put here yet… Will do it sometime and let you know how i feel.

All the best, How your challege works out for you… Would love to know the progress.
Cheers!

I have played around the setting…
I changed the wave 2 setting to …extractcandlefromtf2= 1, noofcndlepercc2=300.
Is this called as H5 swing on the bold lines?..hope I got it right.
What is 'CC2" stands for?..thanks Rel

Relativity,

I am thinking small correction till 1585 levels… And up move…

[QUOTE=Relativity;308395]A closer look.

I may be wrong but, Its too soon for that much correction… Till 1560/1530.
And the number of trapped traders are also less, for a swift kind of down move… Path of least resistance is up.

Let’s see how it turns out. We will get to know once dow Jones opens.

Hi Rel…

apart from the fact I’m totally lost… (I still haven’t understood how & when enter a trade, because you said not each break of a channel is good. Many times, price makes fake breaks also if longer TFs channels are far from them, i.e. there are no major trendlines to make price stop there. Yesterday we had a break of Upper Daily channel of EU, but It was too early for me (asian session) and I didn’t know how to enter. I made a long @ the break of previous 15 min swing around London open but made few pips, because price stopped there for long time… then, it shooted up again…)

I see in your charts some trendlines not drawn on the Barros swings… how do you draw them…?

:wink:

Hi rel, in that chart I was not identifiing a fake break… just didn’t saw thinner lines of Barros swing… :slight_smile:

Here are some examples of what I call “Fake Breaks of the channels”.

In this case we have 2 Fake breaks. Expecially the first one had all the characters of a good break (>20 pis from daily high, break of the high of breaking candle). And, also if I didn’t draw it here & you don’t want me to use… :slight_smile: , the daily high bounced from 78.6 fibo of previous daily down swing. Infact, price didn’t made much more way up before plummeting down (see next image)…

Here is another example. Plz don’t take care of white horiz. lines…

Both charts are of EU 15 min Tf and Barros swing set@ 15 Min & 5H swings.

Here is it: Green Arrow is First image in my previous post / Red Arrow is second image. Weekly Channel is not visible (so, there’s plenty of space above & below and actually doesn’t affects price movements, apart from general down direction).

No, I don’t see it:
First: price broke daily channel (contracting)>UP
Second: price (as usually) retraces toward the broken trendline… but made it after the fake break of my first image. So, there wasn’t anything against the decision to go short @ the first break of 15 min channel… or if there was something, why after few pips up, price went short heavily? It made it just to catch Stop Losses…:33:
Third (second image): price went down (as usual) to previous channel and bounced up from it and made a break of 15 min channel. So, why not to go long there?

Now I have some question wich arises from these two charts: Price broke a contracting daily channel… but went back into the channel (Actually still didn’t broke the low of the old channel). Was it a valid break (about 90 pips)? If not, how can we know if & when is a true break?

This is my chart: why trendlines are wrong?

What is squeeze? :slight_smile:

It’s a candlestick formation…so called railway tracks?..just guessing…:slight_smile:

Sorry for late reply, but had tech issues with my Internet connection…:mad:

So, if I understand well, I “MUST” ignore current wave…? OK, but, if it breaks channel, what have I to do then? Must I wait for a retracement @ break level (but that was the case in my previous 2nd image and didn’t worked). Or must I wait for a break (low) of the new swing wich is going to be? Or another bounce in new formed donward channel (See Image)?

There must be a typo: in your post #161 You said You went long… :slight_smile:

Yes… it’s clearer now… :slight_smile:

Some hints to better identify entries @ point #1 & #3? (Mainly @ #1, because in the second case we have a new downward trendline which helps us). We wait for a bounce from old trendline and break of the low of a candle or so?
If price doesn’t reach old trendline (sometimes prices moves strongly in the breaking leg and doesn’t retraces too much), can we use a break of a lower TF ascending (retracing) channel or just a swing?

Glad to have been useful to help you discover some bugs in your methodology. At least, I 'm giving you back 1% of what you’re giving to me… :slight_smile:
Anyway, we never stop learning. Knoweledge is endless. We learn something, try, make mistakes, learn again from experience and improve ourselves… Then we make new mistakes or learn/discover something new… and process goes on…

What do you mean for “inside swings” ? Those of lower TFs respect M15/H5?

Pardon me, what is GMMA? sorry to interrupt…sort of moving average?

Mhhhh, very nice…
Did you already got it, or those yellow lines are a Linear Regression Channel?