What trading challenges do you face as a forex trader?

1. You are looking for a structured path for learning forex trading from basic to advanced concepts.

Yup, tryna piece things together without paying thousands of dollars first makes this a slow process, but every dollar I don’t give for false prophets is more I can put in my trading account

Have you tried adjusting your strategy during these events?

Maybe setting up news alerts or dedicating specific times to check for updates could help.

1 Like

I face everything you listed. How can you help me out please, especially with mentorship.

There are two constant challenges for me which I can never get rid of from my trading. I don’t know if that’s even possible.

The first is the stream of losses that come from using any strategy consistently. I am accepting of these, I don’t find a rational way round them, but it’s a weight on my back every day.

Then there is the converse of the same problem - it is when to get out of a winning trade - without giving away either too much unrealised profit or missing more profit from price continuation. Maybe there is no way around this either.

3 Likes

Same challenges I face in my trading. There is no way around them, sadly. Losses are inescapable. Consistent and focused application of a particular trading method balances out wins with losses…and causes an imbalance in the favour of the trader in the long run. The only true edge is sticking to a method whether in losing or winning streaks.

Hi @tommor, there are ways to increase your trading performance.

The key is trading stats. I show you how Price Action work in AUDUSD, specifically aim for Engulfing Pattern.

You can see how it can improve trading stats, Profit Factor 4.38. Win rate is more than 70%.

The same method can’t be applied to all instruments. Every instrument has its own characteristic. One of patterns that is useful for AUDUSD’s Price Action is engulfing candle. You have to find under what circumstances this engulfing will give high probability win rate.

There are many others unique patterns too, we needs a lot of patients to find them one by one. I found this patterns after months of back testing. The reward is totally super super worthy :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I usually scale out of trades so I can get some profit out of the move…If the price is going up, it has to respect the 14EMA. Once it breakout of the trend and closes below the 14EMA on the 5-minute timeframe, I’m out of the trade.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I often have scaled in / pyramided trend-following positions in consistent and continuing trends. Pyramiding is what makes the difference between winning traders.

Scaling out is something I have only done through scaling out of the pyramid trades. I’m still not convinced this is the best way to protect unrealised profits - I would love to see some statistical evidence on this - but it seems to work alright.

Oh yeah, I definitely do that. But I can’t keep up with the news all the time. Sometimes I’m busy in real life and an important news happen…

The biggest challenge that I face is keeping my cool when the market gets crazy volatile. Also, Sticking to my trading plan can be tough. Plus, there’s always new economic news to keep up with :expressionless:

So far I discovered that emotions can really mess with your trading! I find it so hard to keep my feelings in check, especially when greed kicks in. It’s like, every time I see profits, I think, “Maybe just a bit more,” and I end up not booking them. And losses? Oh, those are the worst. I keep holding on, convinced I’ll recover somehow, but it usually just gets worse. These two things - getting greedy with profits and not cutting my losses - are my biggest struggles.

Welcome to the community! Many traders can relate to that. It’s tough to stay disciplined, especially when greed and the fear of losses kick in.

1 Like

Thanks @chimmyfx for welcoming me.

I have simple stuff like a bunch of MAs, looking for crossovers. and then a big indicator with order blocks and stuff ICT teaches. Plus MACD.

I’m trying to see if volume by buyer versus seller tells me anything.

Sometimes the market goes beyond my imagination level and I can’t catch the flow even with market analysis and it’s so challenging to me.

Interesting! :blush: But I do understand and can relate to being overwhelmed by market movements and all the analysis you have to do. :sweat_smile: But I’m curious, how do you come up with your “imagination levels”? :smiley: If you don’t mind! :smiley: