What was your reason to learn Forex?

Was it just for learning, to earn money or complex? I have to be honest here, I started it of as a complex.

5 Likes

If I am allowed to rephrase your original question, I would put in in these terms : “What was your reason to complete the Babypips Forex course?”

I did it in order to drastically improve my tech analysis knowledge in order to deal with crypto-currencies, as there are really not such quality resources available for learning crypto trading.

As a side effect I did learn a lot about Forex and I am now quite interested in Forex as well.

1 Like

I was just fascinated by how much it can truly change your life,the money is only a plus though. You can’t succeed in forex chasing after the money,it has to develop into a passion. The money will eventually come. Focus on learning the skill and controlling your emotions

5 Likes

@UpFromZero thats a great story.
Hey, do you want some stuff regarding Crypto? I have some online resources and a white paper that a friend gave me. I can pass it on to you as well.

2 Likes

@justshell I completely agree with you. I hope this complex turns into a passion as well. Isnt that the best way to learn?

exactly, because think about. If you’re truly passionate about something, then you’ll stick with it. It becomes a lifestyle for you and it’s only UP from there. Yes, you’ll go through the struggles and the losses, etc,but you’ll be learning from them and your trading will only improve

3 Likes

Scammer, yes a scammer made me explore the money markets after I played a bit of cat and mouse with them/him/her

1 Like

Thanks for the offer but no need. I am pretty much set up regarding crypto.
I appreciate the gesture, though.

1 Like

I started trading because I saw the potential of a business model that was not only passive, but scalable. I was trying my hand at retail arbitrage and decided the process was too slow and cumbersome. The idea of trading for me was to take the buy/low sell high model and adapt it to something that would move much faster. That’s where trading came in for me. What I didn’t realize was the learning curve was so high. Trading is technically and mentally challenging. But I’ve never chosen anything easy in my life. Why start now?

I specifically chose FOREX because the capital needs are much smaller than in other markets. For example, the E-mini S&P 500 requires $50 per point. With the new micro lot sizes for FOREX, I can trade a penny per pip! You tend to lose much less money while trading small position sizes. The math doesn’t lie. I imagine most traders start with FOREX for that very reason. We can learn to trade without having to risk our life savings.

I prefer the FOREX market still. I’ve tried other markets, but I’ve gotten so used to trading currencies, I come back to it over and over again. Besides being able to trade small, I like the advantage of being able to weigh one currency against another. This is an advantage that is unique only to FOREX.

4 Likes

Hmmm. :smiley: I’m from a country that’s not as economically prosperous as others, so I really feel the need to look for multiple sources of income. :slight_smile: I thought forex trading could be a good choice. :smiley: Also, I’m pretty adventurous and I like trying new things so I thought it would be great to also try something new. :slight_smile: Haha.

4 Likes

taking your mom for vacations all year, paying a great doctor for a an emergency serious surgery, moving to a non thug neighbourhood, taking your children to great schools, afford to not miss work because your favourite band is in town, afford to get wasted till 4 am, afford to sign up for multiple sports and dances etc

All this requires money, not Zen nor Chakra meditation

So i learned forex

12 Likes

To one day conquer the world.

6 Likes

in my trading career, i learn best lesion just from my losses. its a best source to learn trading in practical.

4 Likes

Same with me…

1 Like

@justshell Word for the day or probably our whole life :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Werner94 I feel you bud. Tbh, there is a lot of scamming going on around. But, where the money is involved, Scams are undeniable part of it.
hope it turned out well for you in the end.

@steveepperson Retail arbitrage is indeed passive and cumbersome. Great experience share!
@ria_rose Haha, sounds like a plan. but make sure you are Patient about it, quick buck policy never really worked for Forex.
@Constadino I am sure we all are on the same boat. who doesn’t need financial independence. But my question to you would be is it that easy?
@StarTraderX Amen!
@Hadden Thats is indeed the best way to learn forex, thanks for sharing the experience.

1 Like

i owe to my teacger thy good life - Alex the g

I want to learn forex in other to make money… just looking for the best strategy that work at least 75%

its more important to find a better strategy which work at least 70% plus. because most of the trading strategy work for very short time.