What was your reason to learn Forex?

I had no idea Babypips existed when I was a newbie, now I wish I could’ve gone through the School of Pipsology at the time.

1 Like

I Started Trading Forex Because Of Its Liquidity Money Can Be Made Easy, And I Luv The Game So Bad, It Made Me Learn Alot Of Things I’ve Never Thought Of Before, Forex Is The Only Shortcut To Financial Freedom If You Focused On The Processes & Invest In The Educational System

4 Likes

I tried learning Forex to make extra income. I paid for several courses/mentors, but I never made money from Forex, never lost very much money (except for paying for education). The tuition was good for preving me blowing my accounts, but that was the limit. My basic problem with forex is, that I don’t understand what a trading plan is. I am not stupid - I have several university degrees - and I have read lots of stuff on trading plans, but I haven’t a clue how to put a plan together. To me it remains a series of random, disconnected actions, where the profits and losses cancel each other out.

Why not to try local tradingview.com version, you can even create your local group. I think you will find it more convenient to reach your goal.

how much money you have earned from trading ? and how much time you have passed for learning Fx in a proper ? any Mentor you had when learning?

I am a Candlemaker by Profession, but want to earn a bit more.

@onawo2019 Welcome Aboard bud! I am sure It would be great learning.
@Alfotis I am exactly the same. I started learning about Forex because I wanted to the part of the communication. Long road for me as well. So whats your status now? Still learning or doing like a demo thingy?
@mlawson71 a simple Google search might have helped :stuck_out_tongue: JK, maybe you were alone when you started learning? I have friends who are already involved in Forex so they passed on the information to me.
@jemilutr True! Also, greed for the quick buck to be controlled.
@totalfailure Did you try using a demo before actually investing the money? The reason is that when you play around with the demo, you get some sense of how the numbers work. This leaves you with some transparency and keeping up with small strategies as well.
@ontario Sounds like a plan, I am in!
@Ele_Wood1 Candlemaker? Thats great! Welcome to the group, I really hope you can earn some more. Are you an experienced or a beginner?

2 Likes

I would say I am not a beginner but not an expert as well. I have traded with real money and lost! So I am thinking of getting back to learn for a while and trade micro side by side

1 Like

@Ele_Wood1 Care to share the experience? Good place to come back and learn, its always good to get back to learning I suppose

1 Like

I was mostly learning from the person who introduced forex to me. Later on I did find Babypips and it has been an invaluable place to learn about trading since then.

1 Like

same condition i had when starting Forex trading , i found babypips on late , so it took me long to be knowledgeable as a new Fx trader.

1 Like

I did it because I was searching to invest money and to earn it more.

Stocks and funds were not the thing because they are slow compared to Forex.

Even I did it only to earn more money I am grateful because I have learned a lot other stuff. Aboiut myself and thinking in a different way.

1 Like

@GMoore So far my experience has been fine. I am on break-even with my trades. I think I would have lost more but not a very substantial amount. Everyday is a new learning in Forex and the more you trade, the better you get.

1 Like

@Hadden Ah okay! thats normal. But can I ask, and this is for @mlawson71 as well. How do you trade without knowing anything about it? what did you guys do?
@GetKnowTrading Thats cool bud! glad it went good for you. So do you trade everyday now?
@Ele_Wood1 Yeah agree on the more you trade, the more you learn! are you trading everyday as well?

@GMoore - thanks. I am trading every day but I am not opening trade each day. I open a trade and wait until it closes and hit my TP or SL. That can take few hours up to few weeks.

1 Like

i started as a bet with my friend but grew interest over the time. so finally started learning the concepts and everything.

1 Like

every faction is volatile and much difficult to predict , so it complex for anyone.

1 Like

Yes, I trade everyday. Can say somewhere around 3 - 4 hours.

1 Like

@GetKnowTrading On an average, how much time does it take you to take profits and stop losses?
@Myer_B Great! Everyone here has a story. So where are you? still learning? or trading
@AhsanMalik Yeah, the complexity is the real fun!
@Ele_Wood1 Nice! what is your profit loss ratio?

I traded on a demo account. It was more learning than trading, really.I learned the software, I learned the terms and concepts of trading, etc. The trading platform served as an illustration to the theory I was learning. Everything else came later.

1 Like