What Would A Mentor Have To Do?

Don’t you have to go through a criminal records check to work with kids?

I think it was Louis, and as far as I’m aware he never had her, they always said they were just good friends.

And make no mistake about it, if it ever came to a butt kicking competition there would only be one winner. Superman would just use his melty gaze thingy and melt away batboys tight leather suit, from there on in it’s just game over.

At least superman could still fly naked, dunno if that’s much of a boast mind you, we’d have to ask louis :18:

I think he had her. They had baby. And he lifted a piano once.

Never heard of that position before liftoff, but it terrifies me just to think about it !!

Speaking of Super Heroes…

In this generation, we needed “The Avengers”… You guys figure it out who will be “The Hulk”, etc… Maybe Sweetpip and I will be the “Black Widow” :wink:

I’ve got you two down for the Charlie’s Angels roles. Just need one more gal. I’d volunteer but I’ve put on a few pounds recently and I just don’t look good in lycra anymore

You should see Superman Returns.

Lol…Awww… that’s fine too :wink: or We can just call you Charlie :wink:

Yeah, I heard they had to change it from the working title “superman comes again”

:smiley: I assure you I have been called worse PipNRoll

Indirectly, I suppose. One organization I work with, knows the credentials I hold, and to hold some of them, I required sponsorship, and that’s generally done after a thorough background check.

And the organization that I sit on the Board of Directors for pretty much takes me at my word. Granted, I am already known in certain circles so my relevance is there, but in the end it could still all be just hearsay.

Even my resume and my Linkdin profile could all be a lie. At some point, we just take people at their word and use our best judgement to decide who’s the real deal or who’s not. Proof is almost never required when dealing with people.

And it also depends on the program you’re working with. Some organizations have kids interact directly with criminals. So yes, in that case a criminal record is pretty much worn right on their chest.

My volunteer works focuses heavily on preparing these kids for real world environments. Getting them polished and ready for an interview. How to play the part, when you need to play the part, and in front of whom.

The other part of my work is focused on those that are tragically less fortunate than even the kids I personally mentor. We provide housing for kids that are effectively homeless outside of school. Feed them. Bath them. Tutor them. Keep them safe. And hope for the best. Generally, these are the kids that are aging out of foster care and have no program to turn to.

Im the best trader in the World, so I like to think so, lol

Bro, Hold free 2 hour long economic sessions, maybe 3 times a week. Teach them to balance a checkbook, maybe even count… They need the basic tools to take the next step… Then you teach them to trade… Then, you have entire team, and bringing goodness to the same kids you lead…

Good stuff bro…

I like the extra work you do. Way to go!

These are kids that when we took a road trip, they didn’t know what the smell of poop was from. We were driving past a farm.

They hardly are prepared to understand a checking account. Literally it’s about survival. It’s crazy the stories they’ve been through and the things they have seen at such a young age. It’s heartbreaking really and nobody cares about that, because they are too glued to the news to hear about the one missing white suburban kid, as opposed to the 3000 inner city homeless kids not even 20 miles from their home.

In hindsight, it was probably too personal to be brought to these forums and not relevant to the forums.

You can still remove it… I’ll remove the quote in my post if you want. Still appreciate the work you do…:slight_smile:

Nah leave it.

It’s interesting to note that no one demanded proof of those philanthropic efforts, but only do so when it serves their own interests.

HI The Home of Golf

I have looked for a mentor in every field I have endeavoured to succeed in and it is difficult to find that right person.
The biggest thing I looked for is someone who appears to be well educated and experienced in that field. That can be subjective as different people look for different ideas. In the end you need to have total confidence in their ability to both perform and pass that knowledge on to you. I give you an example. I trade all ords and have used Rene Rivkin as my mentor. His strategies are what I feel comfortable with and he is very successful. As yet I have not found that person for FX however Javier Paz appears to someone who I think is someone that I could learn a lot from.

Cheers

Black Duck.