What would you do differently today for better trading results?

Some Tips for better trading results:

1. Practice is the key for improvement. If you are dedicated to improve specific aspects of the performance in some manner only practice can help you to attain the changes which can be successfully measured.

2. To achieve expert level performance is to encourage stable specific changes periodically that allow incremental improvement in the performance.

3. If you need expert performance through complex integrated systems of representation with planning, analyses, monitoring & execution of performance, it gets clear that the acquisition needs a deliberate & systematic approach.

:):slight_smile:

Improving the psychology side of trading is important. Much success to you. Trade safe and prosper.

Hey Darren! This thread will benefit from your personal experience. The ideas you were trying to convey are complicated and would add nothing of value to fellow traders. What have you learnt recently that could help you become a better trader? What would you do differently, based on your trading experience, to get better trading results? Trade safe and prosper.

I am working on my emotional reactions as well, although I have the opposite problem - sometimes I open trades without fully considering the situation. Or I used to, I am pleased to say that lately I have started overcoming this flaw.

Yeah, me too, I am taking a break and taking rest as I have lose a lot lately and I want to learn more and find out my mistakes and work on it.

You may find using a system that helps you track price action and sound analysis of trade setups helpful in this area. Trade safe and prosper.

Wise decision mate! Trade safe and prosper.

That’s a good recommendation, I will give it some serious thought.

How much do you value trading efficiency? Are you applying the principle of ‘optimizing efficiency’ in your trading?
Trade safe and prosper.

What could you learn from this video? Trade safe and prosper.

We can change the strategy until we find the best one for us. We need to alter the strategies from time to time if we wanna survive in Forex.

While I agree that it’s good to experiment until one finds the strategy most suited to them, I think that changing a strategy that works is unnecessary.

Whatever is efficient, functional and offers you consistent profitable trades is best for you. Avoid making a functional, efficient strategy/system perfect so that you don’t ruin it. Trade safe and prosper.

‘The hard work in trading comes in the preparation. The actual process of trading, however, should be effortless.’ Jack Schwager – Author of Market Wizards

Is this true of you?

For me, “effortless” is a [I]slight[/I] exaggeration, but I completely agree with and endorse the underlying sentiment.

In general, that sentiment is spot on. Many traders spend and waste quality time and emotional/mental stress chasing the market or trading when the real work should be on planning and preparation. Less time, and less energy - physical, emotional and mental - should be spent on the actual trading. Trade safe and prosper.

How much time a trader spends in front of the screen depends largely on their style of trading, even if we overlook all other factors. I do, however, agree with the rest of the sentiment.

What’s your experience with the oft stated advise, ‘Let the market come to you?’

Trade safe and prosper.

My interpretation of that advice is that one should wait for the best possible opportunity to trade. Wait for the clearest signal and take advantage of it, rather than trade when you’re not sure in the signals you’re seeing.
It is something that I do try to do, most of the time.

I found that it is better to trade when the price and signals meet the conditions I had set and in my predetermined zones or levels rather than chasing the market. This offers more confidence and better trading results. Trade safe and prosper.