What Would You Rather Be: Liked, Feared Or Respected?

What Would You Rather Be: Liked, Feared Or Respected?

I’d like to hear other people’s opinions before I offer my own, so please elaborate.

1 Like

Honestly, I prefer to live my life in a quiet corner of the world without seeking fame or recognition. However, if I had to choose, I would say being loved is a wonderful feeling. It brings a sense of comfort and happiness. Nonetheless, I still value my privacy and prefer to avoid unnecessary interactions with others.

3 Likes

it would depend on who we’re talking about.

1 Like

Tommor, I don’t understand please explain

Of course being RESPECTed! best feeling ever!

3 Likes

As someone who over-see’s 20 people where I work, I strive to be respected. After 25 years you learn how true the old saying is: "You don’t have to be liked or feared to be respected. You can’t force respect through fear, it just doesn’t work that way. Nor can you gain respect just by being nice because they’ll walk all over you.

Respect is earned through hard work and good leadership.

2 Likes

I think that when you are feared, everyone is waiting for your downfall or for the opportunity to get rid of you. We all know that the Mafia and drug cartels are feared, and there is always someone lurking in the background waiting to take their position.

1 Like

Personally, I would rather be respected. Being respected means that people value your opinions and trust you to make good decisions. It’s important to have people like you and to be approachable, but being feared can lead to a lot of negativity and stress.

2 Likes

Loved and respected by my community
Feared by my enemies

Liked by my teachers. Summer school sucks.

2 Likes

If you had to pick one?

1 Like

Respected, for sure.

Respect includes a healthy fear, as well as a bit love (assuming you’re altruistic and charitable).

Let me say something about being Like/Loved And being respected

Me and my closest friend at the time met when we was 8yo, we did everything, twofold, dates, school and, worked at the same jobs and a lot more silly sht we did over those years.

When I was 20 years old, I got a new girlfriend, and you guessed it, he tried to hit on her behind my back.

Even though he liked and loved me, he didn’t respect me enough to avoid hitting on my girlfriend.

2 Likes

A Bronx Tale: would you rather be feared or loved?

2 Likes

Fear is everything in his business, and respect comes from that fear because of the consequences if you disrespect them.

For me, I would rather be liked because it feels more comfortable and less stressful. When I am liked, I feel a sense of social belonging and have positive interactions with others, which makes me feel good. Additionally, I don’t want to put pressure on others to comply with my wishes or to be afraid of any negative consequences.

When I imagine being feared, it makes me feel like a villain, which goes against my personal values and priorities. Although people may comply with my wishes, it would be out of fear rather than genuine respect or loyalty.

Respect is another option, but I feel like it could be a temporary thing based on a particular skill, achievement, or position. To be respected consistently, I would need to maintain ethical and moral behavior, which can be challenging.

Overall, I believe that being liked is the best choice for me, as it aligns with my personal values and goals. It leads to positive social interactions and a sense of belonging, without the added pressure or negative associations that may come with being feared or respected.

2 Likes

That was a real case for choosing like over fear and respect.

Despite the fact that I have chosen respect I have considered what you said here

How many people have lost respect because they once did something foolish, and how many people have left them because of that? It seems like the people who like you stay with you and support you through difficult time

1 Like

Going back to when I was growing up, there was an older man by the name of Melvin, who was probably in his 60s at the time. Everyone admire and respected him. When the police were trying to catch Johns picking up prostitutes, he was one of them. He was not only in the news paper, but he was also shown getting busted on the local news station. .

The disdain that melvin had towards him was crazy, people quit coming around him and stop talking to him except for one man, and he shout at people who loathed on melvin and say melvin committed an error, my buddy melvin got a decent heart you all shound’t treat melvin like this.

The moral of the story is that while people may admire and respect you from afar, they will ultimately turn against you because they do not really know you well enough to like you or love you. Those who get to know and like you are more likely to stick around during challenging times.

If they really like you, most people won’t judge you. and most of them won’t disrespect you.

1 Like

It’s none of my business what others think of me.

And what if you want to make a decision that will make others dislike you?

1 Like

Staying true to yourself is what got people to like you, if the overall sentiment is that the majority of people like you for who you are, you shouldn’t make decisions base on whether people will like you or not, like they do on social media.

You should never let other people dictate who you are or how you should act.

1 Like