What's cooking?

Wow, TIL! I love Tikka Masala, butter chicken, and biryani!

Same. Although I have to say I’ve never seen anyone order Five Guys with the buns being replaced with lettuce and the meat being replaced with just… mushrooms :joy:

2 Likes

Wish more people had this same personal rule. I went out with a friend once who returned his dish and complained about it. I was dying inside lol

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much everything there looks good. Street fairs always look like so much fun! Too bad you can’t try a little bit of everything.

I need a bigger stomach.

Yeah, I’d feel awful to send something back. If I found a hair in my food, I’d just pick it out. I’m not that sensitive. Humans eat far worse while sleeping. If it’s the completely wrong dish, and it doesn’t look better than what I ordered, I’ll say something.

1 Like

I’ve received burnt food once and I just ate it but decided I’ll never return to that place. I have however walked out of a restaurant a few times (without ordering yet).

1 Like

haha, that’s the best way I think. I once ordered a sandwich from a pizzeria. It was hot, but room temperature in the middle. I just ate it and enjoyed it. I didn’t feel like it was worth mentioning. But next time, I will ask for it to be extra hot.

If my food was a bit burnt, I’d want to say something. But, then I’d think about what could happen, and which of the two options I prefer.

I’d then continue to eat my burnt food. haha

@ponponwei How would you feel about telling them after you ate that the food was burnt? Just as a heads up?

In the US, we leave tips depending on the quality of the service. You could leave a minimal tip and write on the receipt what the problem was.

Yeah I still leave normal tip. I prob should have said something but just didn’t see why it would be worth it. If it was a place I frequented I’d definitely say something though.

2 Likes

To eat street food, Korea is the only country I would consider visiting exclusively for that reason

Unique homemade burgers!! Japanese chicken burger & steak cheeseburger - Korean street food

2 Likes

coffee
Just made a coffee. It’s my love!

1 Like

Would you attempt this challenge?

I wouldn’t, since I would have to eat this burger in a way that isn’t my ideal way of eating burgers, I also like to enjoy my food.

1200 PEOPLE FAILED THIS CHALLENGE! The “HEART STOPPER” BURGER CHALLENGE

We are at Smoke Stop BBQ in Shewsbury United Kingdom

1 Like

I’ve seen it before, but never got curious enough to try it. Well the day has finally come, and I ate some jackfruit!

It was already prepared, in a ready-to-eat bag. So, I don’t know what it’s like to cut it open and handle it.

It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It reminds me of pineapple, but with less intense flavor. The pieces I had were flat, and the texture was crisp, as well. Almost like a fruit version of a pringle potato chip.

I recommend anyone to try it!

Those grilled onions looked so good, too!

1 Like

Hell to the no. Not in my wildest dreams! That’s for a party. I’d need a gang of friends to eat that. I wouldn’t want to eat it any other way.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Would you try it for a chance to will a million pounds?

1 Like

It would be horrible to finish that burger only to suffer a heart attack and die 10 minutes later

That’s tempting, but there’s no way I’d be willing enough to stretch out my stomach that far.

Besides, it’d be an all day affair if I did try. It certainly wouldn’t be over in 30 minutes. That’s an impressive feat.

@SmallPaul Have you seen this before? It’s called the Paqui One Chip Challenge. The challenge is to eat this one tortilla chip and not eat or drink anything for one hour. It’s spicy enough to jack up a horse.

Skip to about 8 minutes in. People’s reactions are hilarious!

1 Like

Not only did I see that video, My Trading buddy did this on video chat with me, let’s just say he vanished from the chat. :rofl:

1 Like

These are some hot peppers

Carolina Reaper Peppers are around 1.7 million Scoville Units and the Naga Viper Pepper is around 1.4 million Scoville Units . In comparison, a Jalapeno pepper falls in the range of 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville Units.

1 Like

Very interesting…
imagen

Here’s the carolina reaper.

1 Like

How a Former K-Pop Star and Texas Chef Created the Perfect Southern BBQ

1 Like

I can’t believe he said ¨72-hour marinade¨. That sounds really, really good!

Then they smoke it for 10 hours!

I love it when two different worlds come together!!

1 Like