What's cooking?

Magnetic knife holder?
imagen

Knife block?
imagen

Loose in a kitchen drawer? (maybe a bad idea haha)
imagen

Organized in a kitchen drawer?
imagen

What would you prefer?

Knives out on the magnetic holder are the best. Cool. Badass. Exciting. It makes me look forward to cutting up meat.

2 Likes

Yes sir lol. I would like to not see any items and have them instead hidden from my view. I feel like if I see them while doing something else itā€™d be so distracting!

But also @Paul_J7 has a point re: grease and dust and splatters if itā€™s near the kitchen lol

1 Like

Wash with dish soap and then dry but then you constantly gotta oil it. Itā€™s tough owning a wooden chopping board, lots of maintenance. But I read somewhere wooden chopping boards are actually more antimicrobial than plastic ones!

1 Like

This is what I want:

But Iā€™ve never used magnetic anything before lol. Do you own one?

1 Like

Aaaaah, I get it, now. haha

I can understand that part. If you see it, you start thinking about it. With open shelves, if I see cups, it MAKES me want to drink something.

I wasnā€™t thirsty, but when I see the cup on the shelf it makes me think I should be doing something with it (using it to drink water). Next thing you know Iā€™m filling it with ice cream and I donā€™t know how I got there because it was like a reflex.

I think I would keep the dishes and glasses away from the stove, but keep the spices somewhat near. Yeah, I guess grease would build up on stuff if close enough. That could be annoying. Especially if you stir fry a lot.

Iā€™ll think that my cooking doesnā€™t splatter anywhere. Two months later Iā€™m grossed out because all my spice bottles are sticky, and I donā€™t know why.

1 Like

Nope. I wish! haha. I worked in a kitchen and they had metal knife blocks. The metal magnetic holders seem like a nice alternative, but I wonder if the blade gets dull spots from the magnetic strip.

But thatā€™s where the wood magnetic holder comes in, huh?

It looks futuristic!

haha It really does, doesnā€™t it?

1 Like

That looks really nice! If you think about it, though, anything more than those three knives (beside a clever) is just extra.

Those round handles look ergonomic. I wonder how they feel in the handā€¦

A chefā€™s knife for cutting meat, fruit, and veggies; the bread knife for bread (of course), and the pairing knife for smaller work.

With soap? I wonder about the possibility of scrubbing and washing it with hot water? I just think about what ever you wash it with gets INTO the wood. Is soap safe?

What about some hot water, then hit it with some vinegar as a disinfectant, then another rinse?

Smokestak and Pitt Cue Co in London are BBQ gems. The food is incredible, and stepping in feels like entering a place youā€™d want to visit every day.

I do want to own one of those Japanese knives you posted above! I just need to learn how to sharpen them properly lol.

Hmm not sure about vinegar. I feel like you need a sanitizing solution?

I think about this a lot lol especially as I pull glasses out of the dishwasher and drink from it. Iā€™ve recently been rinsing it just in case thereā€™s soap residue. Maybe Iā€™m just needlessly paranoid.

1 Like

Maybe not! haha Iā€™ve never had a dishwasher before. Iā€™ve been to one house that I loaded the dishes while staying there, but I never operated it.

Weird. Iā€™ve never operated a dishwasher before.

I trust handwashing better. Iā€™m not sure if clothes washing machines are the same thing, because the clothes donā€™t go in my mouth, and thereā€™s never a residue on the clothes.

You could be right. If I get to look it up, Iā€™ll post it.

The poā€™boyā€™s important to the city of New Orleans because New Orleans made it

A Day Making The Most Famous Sandwiches in New Orleans

1 Like

Those sandwiches look soooo good! I can understand why they make so many over the weekend.

I liked how he knew the history of the sandwich.

1 Like

Stories that has been pass down for many generations

1 Like

Bostonā€™s Food of the Portuguese World - No Passport Required with Marcus Samuelsson

1 Like

Would you try.

3 Subway Footlong Eaten in 3 Minutes!

1 Like

Nope! haha

Jeez. The things people do for attention.

1 Like

Also, you should try sandwiches in Florence. They are very tasty, but you might have to wait in line

2 Likes

Lidl put out a Christmas recipe flyer/mailer. Thereā€™s some Austrian torn pancakes I want to try to make.

https://www.lidl.com/recipes/austrian-torn-pancakes

2 Likes

This is true especially for delicate items! Dishwashers have ruined a bunch of things for me lol. Also sometimes if the food is like super sticky, it doesnā€™t really remove them so Iā€™d still need to go in there and handwash. But it doesnā€™t happen a lot!

1 Like