What's cooking?

A Little different.

Dig the Mud for Cacth eels , cooking eels

1 Like

That certainly is different.

Whatā€™s funny to me is the mortar and pestle. So many different countries have it. Itā€™s funny how countries that are so far apart have the same tool.

1 Like

Could that have been one of the first tools invented during the earliest stages of human development?

1 Like

At that time of human development, inventing a mortar and pestle makes you the equivalent of Tony Stark. haha

As per google:
ĀØ Scientists have found ancient mortars and pestles in Southwest Asia that date back to approximately 35000 BC.ĀØ

imagen
I imagine it probably looked something like this back then.

1 Like

Not the same but this is some serious work.

1 Like

If you had told me as a kid that Iā€™d like eating olives, Iā€™d have said you were crazy. (Same goes for tomatoes.)

Yet, here I am today,

Olives are great to eat alone, but are also a very easy way to jazz up just about any salad.

As of 2019, the top 20 olive producing countries, based on metric tons.

I donā€™t know why, but I didnā€™t expect the USA and Portugal so high on the list.

1 Like

Imagine after doing all that work, I go in there as a tourist and offer the equivalent of $5 USD for that mortar and pestle.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice stone mortar and pestle. Itā€™ll last forever!

One difference I noticed with the clay versions, some of them have a lip on the inside.

This helps prevent the ingredients from running up the inside wall and falling out.

imagen

1 Like

That product probably sells locally for equivalent to $1.50 USD, even with all that labor involved.

1 Like

This looks goods, something I need to cook

If you have potatoes. Donā€™t fry until you see this technique take over the world!

2 Likes

CHEESY FLAMINā€™ HOT CHEETOS FRIED CHICKEN

2 Likes

It looks delicious, but Iā€™d definitely add a lot more garlic. At least one head of garlic.

Two cloves definitely isnā€™t enough for me! haha

@SmallPaul Is two cloves of garlic enough for you in a dish this size?

When I saw that big pot, I knew they meant business!!

That version of the mortar and pestle I think is probably closer to the first version in prehistoric times.

imagen

Eventually, someone realized that if you make it bowl-shaped, the contents stop falling all over the place.

I wonder why they keep using this flat version. Iā€™ve seen pictures of the same thing in some African countries. Strange how similar different cultures can be.

1 Like

My Version of mortar and pestle, cheap and getā€™s the job done :joy:

If what you are making needs some serious pounding you can replace the black hard plastic with a mini wooded Baseball bat

1 Like

Whatever works!

imagen

Well, itā€™s basically the same thing, right! The clay mortars have wooden pestles.

imagen

Iā€™ve never drank Jagermeister before, and the times Iā€™ve done shots of other alcohols in the past, they always burned.

I suppose I never learned how to drink and enjoy alcohol, by itself or mixed.

A few years ago I enjoyed a small glass of Black Label whiskey. It was actually quite pleasant, as Iā€™ve never tasted anything like that before.

I donā€™t care for excessive alcohol consumption, but I would like to enjoy a nice glass of Jagermeister. I never knew itā€™s made from 56 herbs. When I heard that, I got curious.

There are endless tales of debauchery that start with ĀØletā€™s do some jager shots!ĀØ This article explains how else to use it.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference from mines

1 Like

Nothing! haha

Same thing!

1 Like

The nastiest alcohol Iā€™ve ever tasted.

Having been a former coke head and alcoholic, I no longer drink, but this used to be one of my favorites

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ll just buy ONE bottle then. haha

Iā€™ve never had Brandy. Iā€™ve had bourbon, and it burned all the way down. One time in my life I bought a bottle of dark rum. Funny thing is that I didnā€™t drink a drop of it. It never occurred to me to drink it. I only used it for flambĆ©! I made bananas foster.

1 Like