What's cooking?

Gloves were a good idea, but that burrito looks about 8 pounds and the restaurant didn’t have a scale so it’s suspicious.

1 Like

Ok getting one this week!!! Will let you know what I think!

2 Likes

Years ago, I tried making peanut butter in a blender. As you can imagine, that didn’t go well. It was a simple blender, not industrial grade or anything like that. Before I had peanut butter, the motor blew out. I haven’t tried making peanut butter since.

For next time, I know better.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-peanut-butter-recipe-1950478

2 Likes

While I have no idea how people make it at home, I have tried organic peanut butter from the store. It was sugar free, but it was awful.

1 Like

Sugar free? Why bother making it at all?? haha

I can’t believe there’s a market for that.

I actually prefer common peanut butter. There’s another kind of peanut butter that you have to mix on your own.

The oil separates and you gotta mix it. Let’s keep it simple. Give me a jar of Skippy any day of the week!!

imagen

Super chunky!!!

1 Like

I don’t eat dog, but there are people who do.

specialty roast dog must eat like this in order to be delicious Specialty dog meat

2 Likes

Well, if you think about it logically, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just a cultural difference. One that I may not overcome in my lifetime, but a cultural difference nonetheless.

But WOULD you? If you were walking in Vietnam(?), and you saw this…and the vendor offered you a free sample, would you try it?

And if you liked it, would you ask for a kilo to take home for dinner?

1 Like

My answers may be confusing, but here they are

The answer is no, since I was born and raised in America, and this is not what we typically do as a culture, as you pointed out cultural difference. There is also the possibility of giving it a try, don’t know if i would.

If I was born and raise in a culture that eat dogs the answer would be yes and yes.

1 Like

I, reluctantly, would give it a try. I didn’t come all the way to Vietnam to not try new things. I’m not sure if I would ask for a kilo to go, but I’d try a free sample.

In the US, we’re not accustomed to eating snakes either. So, why not?

It makes me think of this:

Why are we like this? haha

2 Likes

I’ve never owned a food processor. It’s use seems like a hassle. The cleanup, etc.

Just making something by hand seems like an easier idea. That is, until you need to make a large batch. Good luck making hummus or pesto by hand!

1 Like

I get what you mean, and I like trying new things, but they come with limits.

Here is a friendly reminder

1 Like

WARNING: This burger should be illegal

2 Likes

haha c’mon man, there’s no venom in dogs. And you don’t need a license to roast them either.

But still, the discomfort of eating a dog can be overwhelming.

1 Like

lol, Venom or not, we all have limits.

1 Like

haha, that’s what I may have to tell the vendor when he tries to sell me a kilo after I just ate the free sample!

1 Like

I make a deal with you dushimes, I try the roasted dog meat and you try the pufferfish, deal?

1 Like

Deal! See you on the other side!!!

imagen

1 Like

Based on a true story. A great movie that’s got a lot of cooking in it.

The production of this movie is a story on its own–after she wrote the script it took 10 years to get it made.

The real Mr. Church

That looks awful

2 Likes

An old, good German film with humor and a lot of cooking

1 Like