What's cooking?

Considering we live in a different era, some of these challenges seem a bit strange to me.

There is something concerning about food challenges like bandland who does this for a living on YouTube, who chugs some of the most unhealthiest drinks in large quantities, not good for the long term.

1 Like

Agreed. Quite unhealthy. But to be honest, that dude actually looks happy in his videos. I imagine he feels horrible when he wakes up, or goes up a flight of stairs. But he puts on a happy face in his videos.

But is it such a big deal that people do these food challenges? People never said anything whenever there was a pie eating contest, or a hotdog eating contest. I certainly didnā€™t.

Those guys were professional eaters. It was their sport. But I donā€™t think they were able to monetize it to the level as these guys today. Being on youtube has turned it from sport to business.

So why would it be a problem now? Iā€™m not sure why it suddenly bothers me. I never had a problem with it before when I used to see those hotdog eating competitions on tv.

Any ideas?

Until now, we didnā€™t have a problem with it, but now we realize how unhealthy some of these challenges can be when done continuously. Food challenges that are done occasionally among families and friends arenā€™t so bad like the one chip challenge.

Was it this guy that made it popular

Adam Richman, Man v. Food

1 Like

Thatā€™s a lot of hot food! haha

You know what? I think what bothers me is that some of these food challenge guys on youtube chose eating as the laziest/easiest way to earn a living.

As if theyā€™ll do anything to get out of work.

ĀØI can either get a job, or I can eat 30 packs of instant ramen noodles, and post the video onlineā€¦Yeah, Iā€™ll just eat the ramen.ĀØ

So, perhaps my problem is jealousy. I envy them because I have some dumb dignity rule about stuffing my face for money.

I guess itā€™s difficult to struggle for money, then watch someone take the express lane to the good lifeā€¦simply by eating.

1 Like

If youā€™ve ever woken up in the middle of the night with a hankering for the perfect waffle, this article is for you.

These guys got serious about their waffle irons in this review. Yes, there is a difference between a cheap and expensive waffle iron.

1 Like

This guy

Chugging 2 Big Bottles Of Lemon Juice After Brushing Teeth!

1 Like

Wow. He didnā€™t even choose real lemon juiceā€“he went for the ĀØmade from concentrateĀØ.

I wonder what that much vitamin C does to your bodyā€¦

He really is about that life. He brushed his teeth live. No editing.

If he really wants a challenge, he could try a healthier diet; as opposed to gluttony. But hey, to each his own, right?

Anyway, chugging lemon juice is wild.

1 Like

Yes , Youā€™ve heard of the worldā€™s hottest soda, - Jalapeno, Habanero, Ghost Pepper & Nevada Reaper; Whatā€™s next, the worldā€™s hottest Apple? :joy:

Chugging the HOTTEST Sodas on Planet Earth!

1 Like

And you know what? Itā€™s all entertainment. Thereā€™s no need for me to be uptight about it.

There are all kinds of hybrid fruits and veggies out there. Give it time! haha

I gotta admit. He delivers good content. Thereā€™s zoom-ins, heā€™s got the top hat, he burps, no profanityā€¦he even has a fire extinguisher on the table!

1 Like

As soon as I saw that, I LMAO, wondering what the heck thatā€™s going to do, knowing he was joking.

EDIT: After watching a few of his videos and reading the titles of others, I donā€™t know how he is still alive or doesnā€™t have serious health issues

1 Like

Heā€™s morbidly obese. He doesnā€™t have long. I guarantee it. Heā€™s living a day as a lion, rather than a lifetime as a lamb.

Or more accurately: heā€™s living a shortened, fun, gluttonous life instead of a longer, less-junk-food-filled, healthier life.

And when he dies, some people will act surprised. If he wanted to be open, he could address that in one of his videos. He could explain that he understands the premature death risk associated with his lifestyle.

I see his channel as a form of self-abuse, and he appears to be doing it for youtube money. But if you dig a little deeper, he has some demon inside thatā€™s eating him up.

Overeating, cutting, alcohol, drugs, wreckless behaviourā€¦theyā€™re only different on the outside. Underneathe the surface, thereā€™s something that hasnā€™t been addressed.

@SmallPaul What do you think?

1 Like

80% of obese people suffer from this condition, if I remember correctly, his wife left him a few years ago, when he wasnā€™t as big as he is now, but I will need to dig a bit deeper into that.

1 Like

Well I was wrong

https://vimbuzz.com/eric-james-booker-family-wife-children-siblings-parents/

1 Like

From a reddit user:

Independent adults are responsible for their own lives. At the end of the day all we have is power over our own behavior. That being said, given the popularity of his channel Iā€™m sure heā€™s already gotten plenty of outreach and concern about his health situation. The best thing for you might be to block the channel to no longer contribute to the popularity of his videos, which may be helping encourage the behavior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Advice/comments/bt4avz/comment/eotuhjj/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Thatā€™s fair. Google says he has 3.6M subscribers. It would be foolish to think any one of us can stop him or make him change. Only HE can do that. Find relief in that thereā€™s nothing we can do beside sit back, enjoy the show, and watch the house burn down.

1 Like

His fans have expressed many concerns in his comments, he has been doing this for a long time.

Eric is a holder of seven Major League Eating recognized world records, three Guinness World Records, and a two-time Nathanā€™s Lemonade Chugging Contest champion. He competed in Nathanā€™s Hot Dog Eating Contest every year from 1997 to 2018.

1 Like

I Agree.

BadlandsChugs Needs To Stop Chugging ASAP!!

Eating in excess is the definition of our health issues in society. Channels such as these are awful examples of humanity.

1 Like

To be honest, though, I would go see an eating competition. If Chugs had a show downtown where he was gonna drink 100 liters of Coke in 20 minutes, I would pay to see that. Itā€™s not much different from watching Evil Knievel jump over his motorcycle over 20 buses. (or Johnny Blaze, if youā€™re a fan).

And if Chugs dies on stage, it only makes the show more spectacular and memorable. Cruel? Nope. Thatā€™s what the dude signed up for. Iā€™m sure he wouldā€™ve wanted to die doing what he loves.

In the end, itā€™s his choice, and itā€™s my entertainment.

I should be careful judging him and his choices, while enjoying watching his videos. What a hypocrite I am.

1 Like

Lmao, I was about to say, didnā€™t this guy just post about

All is well, I would say that we humans have some weird choices when it comes to entertainment

How dear we watch a man eat himself to death :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ll pay double for front row tickets to that show. Imagine that!

ĀØBadlands Chugsā€™s final show: Unlimited Shakes And Fries Until I Die!ĀØ

1 Like

Never knew that had a All Vegan Burger King U.K. , Have you tried it?

Plant Based Double Bakon King (Burger King)

1 Like