What's cooking?

No, I haven’t. I don’t have any reason to. Ironically, that seems more unnatural than meat itself. haha

I think that’s for people who are vegans, but are in denial that they still want meat. If I’m a vegan, why would I be eager to eat new products that resemble the food I’m trying to get away from?

1 Like

Almost any recipe can be saved with a bit of cheese. It turns any food from boring to fun.

Eggs, potatoes, bread, rice, pasta. Just throw a little cheese on it and you got yourself a meal!

My go-to is usually cheddar. Lo and behold there’s more to cheese than just cheddar and mozzarella.

1 Like

When no one’s around, you probably just grab the block of cheese out the fridge and breaking off a piece with your hands–unless you just take a bite directly.

Well, how about when you have guests? How about something more sophisticated?

1 Like

Keeping it real, guest or no guest I’m going all in manly style, Never been around 1 person who have use cheese knives, is that a bad thing?

1 Like

haha, probably not. But would it be so bad to be the first? If you have a chef’s knife, a clever, a paring knife, and a utility knife, then why not a cheese knife?

You can use it to impress your guests! haha

When they see you using it, they won’t say anything, but they’ll be thinking ¨Oh wow, what kind of knife is that? A cheese knife? I’m surprised. I’ve never seen anyone use that in person…¨

Your house will be a place of wonder!

1 Like

They might be thinking

1 Like

Well, at least they’re thinking something different from when they entered. haha

1 Like

Newest snack? Oikos vanilla protein yogurt and peanut butter. I get like 25 g of protein! And it’s delicious!

2 Likes

imagen

I’ve never had this. That’s a delicious way to get protein! Don’t forget that it’s packed with probiotics! Yogurt’s super healthy isn’t it.

@samewise Wait…do you add peanut butter to it? Or it has peanut butter in it already?

1 Like

As a result of reading your piece on frying pans a few weeks ago, I just bought a 20cm and a 28cm BK Rose pan set from Netherlands, on eBay desribed as “new, other” - packaging damaged. The packaging was perfect and the pans were £49.99 delivered against £105 list price. It took me 2 hours to read up on all the different technologies, and in summary the experts seemed to agree with you about stainless steel. A really surprising and cost effective outcome. Thanks.

1 Like

Very nice find!! Good job!

I think you’ll be quite satisfied with your choice. Especially at that price. haha

If you decide to make an omelette, let me know how it goes, please. My omelettes have always stuck to the pan, and I never got the technique right. Hopefully, you’ll fare better than I did.

imagen

vs

1 Like

I mix in two table spoons of Justin’s Honey peanut butter.

1 Like

Steel pans, everything for the grill, a Dutch oven, a pizza stone, and a pasta maker. These would be my essential items )

2 Likes

this helps me)

2 Likes

The last thing I made was a Basque Burnt Cheesecake, and it was absolutely incredible. The creamy texture combined with the unique caramelized exterior was a delight. Highly recommend

2 Likes

imagen

I didn’t know what this was until you mentioned it. I’ve seen it on Emeril Lagasse’s show, among others, but I didn’t know this is what it was. Good choice!!

I think if I had to choose between an enamaled or seasoned cast iron, I’d probably choose the enamaled one. It doesn’t need the same maintenance.

I wasn’t very familiar with these either! Good choice, again.

Hmmmm. What are you thinking: manual or electric?
imagen

vs

1 Like

pasta maker - only manual ) ok like this

1 Like

I use it for slow-cooking stews and soups, and baking bread with a fantastic crust.

2 Likes

And this one is better to use when cooking on an open fire

1 Like

Oh wow! How do you like using the dutch oven vs a loaf pan/cake pan?

Is it a completely different tool?