What's cooking?

For bread I prefer dutch oven or pot)

1 Like

If youā€™re interested in bread making, check this out: https://www.the-sourdough-framework.com/ and his YouTube channel. For me this is one love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! That dude has really done a deep dive on sourdough! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

I want to learn how to make doughnuts, maybe someone has experience in this?

1 Like

Chef Tavakkul Cooking Juicy Grilled Tamohawk Steaks by Own SUPER Recipe!

1 Like

No music, No talkingā€¦just the sound of sizzling food and dishes being filled.

American Food - PRIME RIB, FILET MIGNON, AND BONE IN RIBEYE STEAKS

1 Like

Iā€™ve had those. Itā€™s absolutely sensational.

This thread is making me feel SO hungry!! :pie:

2 Likes

i know these guys are professionals, but whenever I see that saw, I get nervous like Iā€™m about to see an accident happen. Yikes!

When that meat hit those plates, my mouth started watering! haha

Oh my god, that looks soooo good!

1 Like

Very good, I like to know where he gets his meat.

1 Like

Your guess is as good as mine.

But heā€™s in the mountains. I imagine he goes to town, down below?

Then again, he has eight animals on his farm. Make that sevenā€¦haha

To be honest, butchering my own meat is beyond my comfort zone.

I can imagine myself raising them, feeding them, being emotionally distant from themā€¦

But theā€¦slaying?..I donā€™t even know what word you use for that. Imagine going out into the yard, grab the goat, bring him into the barn, then WHACK!

Then you start the butchering. It would take me time to get used to that.

@SmallPaul Do you think you could get accustomed to that? Or would you just go to the local butcher in town?

1 Like

Local butcher, some people can adapt, but most people were born into that lifestyle, which I wasnā€™t

1 Like

Same here. Iā€™d prefer going to the butcher. Thatā€™s one challenge in life, Iā€™d rather leave unmet.

I think I was wrong here. How can I see those animals on a daily basis and NOT get emotionally attached? That would feel inhumane to me, nevermind the slaughtering.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wondered about this.

I remember a TV thing, a few years ago, where the kids of the chef Gordon Ramsay had to see the animals they knew and had raised, and had named, being taken off for slaughter, and finding it pretty disturbing.

(Am by no means vegetarian, tho!).

1 Like

I saw a funny episode of some show that had a scenario like this. The father was trying to keep the kids from naming the animal. Because he knew that once the kids name the animal, theyā€™ll be traumatized if it gets slaughtered.

Sure enough, the kids named it, and he knew he lost that battle.
I have no qualms with supporting the local butcher instead.

2 Likes

As I said before, what a quiet peaceful lifestyle

A Giant Sturgeon Roasted Under A Barrel In A Bonfire! Dinner In A Snowy Village

1 Like

Man, that thumbnail is deceiving! haha I thought the fish was way bigger.

Looks good though.

@SmallPaul @Paul_J7 What do you think this guy does for a living? In the video it looks like he has five kids. Thatā€™s expensive. Theyā€™re well dressed. One kid has glasses. They live in a nice cottage. Heā€™s not providing all that by selling livestock. His farm is too small for that. How do you imagine he paid for that? I mean, what do you think he did/does for a living to afford such a lifestyle?

1 Like

From the looks of things, it seems like heā€™s doing pretty well. Itā€™s possible he has income from other sources and this is his get-away cabin, Where he also decided to film YouTube videos.

1 Like

Ice Cream Driver: I started this business to serve kids to make them happy, never did i think this will be the outcome of my actions, I am now retire.

Hefty Purchase From Traveling Ice Cream Merchant

1 Like

ĀØand thatā€™s how I start my breakfastĀØā€¦ Damn, dudeā€¦

How is this different from a bartender serving alcohol to a patron thatā€™s already inebriated?

The only difference is that the bartender could lose his job or get arrested.

Anyway, Iā€™m impressed the driver didnā€™t have to write any of that down. Iā€™d have goofed that order for sure, haha.

This is worth revisiting.

1 Like

In Sri Lanka and India people still use this in the village areas. they pass down from generation to generation. Iā€™m from Sri Lanka and we have one at our house too. and my mom still use it to make some grinded foods for special occasions.

The thing is when this is used the taste is different from either using an electric blender or bowl shaped version. Thereā€™s something about that pops out the taste and flavor of chilies, coconut, curry leaves, and other spices when this is used. Itā€™s not easy to clean and itā€™s quite the workout using this to prepare food. so now itā€™s only used in special occasions.

In case of Africa, and rural areas of specially Asian countries (Sri Lanka, India, Vietnam, china) I get it, itā€™s something you can find in nature, both these shapes are naturally occurred and you can find it well polished in the nature too, around from a river or water source. It fits the purpose very well too.

2 Likes