What's cooking?

hahaha right?

Why don’t drug dealers just sell saffron?!?!

¨you got that saffron?¨
¨Yeah, $300¨
¨Cool, cool. My wife’s mother is coming over for dinner tomorrow. I wanna impress her with a rice and chicken dish.¨
¨Come see me next week for some Himalayan pink salt. Be safe, bro.¨

1 Like

Tomahawk Pork Chops

1 Like

OMG!! What are you doing to me?! hahaa

Those pork chops look so good!!

1 Like

I just found these grapes at the supermarket!!

They’re amazing! The best grapes I’ve ever had! Seriously, they’re better than candy!

Have any of you guys tried them?

I encourage anyone to try them if granted the opportunity. I’ve been snacking on crackers lately, and this is a much healthier choice.

As per google:

1 Like

Homemade- Smoked Ribs

2 Likes

so-beautiful-cry

I wonder if the flavor changes with wood vs charcoal??

wood chunks on top of charcoal

1 Like

I’ve never seen a technique like that before!! That’s interesting. I wonder how different bbq techniques are in different countries…

1 Like

I love making sandwiches. You can’t go wrong! The only way to make a sandwich better…is to make it hot!

I’ve been making tunamelts lately. A toasted bagel, tuna, tomato, cheese and mustard.

I have a George Foreman grill
But the problem with these is that the front end is exposed to cooler air, so I have to rotate the sandwich halfway thru.

I got curious about panini makers and found this bad boy!

A cordless panini press!

But you’ll have to flip the sandwiches. I suppose you can heat the lid before putting the sandwiches in.

I got this same one for $2 at Salvation Army, but I never use it. I got it the same day I got more Foreman grill…just in case.

It seems the most efficient way to hit a homerun with a sandwich is with this:

The top swivels and heats on the top AND bottom–making it perfect for tall sandwiches. This is the way to go!

3 Likes

I love hot sandwiches. An easy way - I saw a little Youtube clip where a guy cut with a knife from the centre of a tortilla to the edge. He then put thin layers of a couple of things on three of the quarters and folded the whole thing into like a triangle and put it on a hot griddle pan. A few minutes each side and its done. You can use whatever fillings you like. Cheese for one of them is great obviously.

1 Like

Right! Can you imagine meeting someone, you’re having a casual conversation, and you start talking about food. And he says ¨I hate hot sandwiches.¨ There better be some traumatic story behind that! If you don’t like hot sandwiches, it must be due to a heart made of ice.

Almost ANY sandwich can be enhanced with a slice of cheese. The only exception is peanut butter and jelly. That’s it. As far as I can think of.

There’s something magical about gooey, stretchy cheese!

1 Like

I don’t know what other countries have this, but this blew my mind!
In the summertime, instead of eating hot noodles, in Japan they sometimes eat COLD noodles!

The thought NEVER crossed my mind! haha Ingenious!

To top that, they even send them down a bamboo slide!! How fun is that?!?!?!

perfect loop

There’s even a home version!

1 Like

Have you ever had zaru soba? It is the best! You dip it in soba sauce and eat it with tempura. Heaven!

1 Like

No, but that sounds delicious! I’ve seen people dip noodles into a small bowl with sauce. That surprised me a lot!

I didn’t quite understand dipping noodles into a sauce. Why not just pour the sauce directly over the noodles, and save yourself the work??

3 Likes

American Street Food - The BEST HOT DOGS in Chicago!

1 Like

Those sausages look delicious, but for some reason, I’m really craving those onions!!

I’d definitely get a hotdog with extra extra onions!

Be sure to carry breath mints. I’m gonna need 'em!

@SmallPaul https://wvhotdogfestival.com/

happy-happy-joy-joy-ren-and-stimpy

1 Like

After finding the above hotdog festival, I found this! Get your 2023 wish list ready!

1 Like

One of my favorite foods

The BEST PHILLY CHEESE STEAK

1 Like

One of the most interesting topics. I always watch cooking videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

In this video, I love the sound of the metal spatulas banging together. When you hear it, you know someone’s cooking.

Much like the sound of ladles banging around inside a wok in the back or a restaurant. That sound means someone’s whipping up a delicious storm!

Any style or cuisine that you like the most?

1 Like