What's cooking?

Ever wanted your very own coconut tree?

My mistake

Yes, they are not Indian

The History of North Sentinel Island - And Why it’s Illegal to Visit

1 Like

That’s every trading night for me, just hoping I won’t go crazy if someone comes to visit me :point_down:

1 Like

¨What do you want? Make it quick!¨

imagen

I hear you, though. I don’t expect people to understand. Well, once I decide to tell them, anyway.

Actually, some would say that if others can understand what you’re doing, then you’re not doing enough. People shouldn’t understand what you’re doing. If they can understand, then I might still be on the same level as them.

1 Like

Been thinking about buying one of those silly kitchen gadgets you’ve seen on TV? Save your money and fund your trading account instead.

1 Like

This list features the dutch oven (which I only recently learned what it was). I disagree with the wooden spoon. While I also have equipped my kitchen with a wooden spoon, perhaps a silicon version may last longer. But I still won’t give up my wooden spoon!

The non-stick skillet is another item I disagree with. The teflon starts coming up and ends up in your food. No thanks. Just a stainless steel skillet is fine for me.

1 Like

imagen

This picture if from the movie 100 Foot Journey. It’s a movie about a chef from India.

This box belonged to his mother. It’s a collection of spices that are essential in their recipes. It looks so mysterious…and rather dramatic. It’s just a movie, right?

I was watching an Iron Chef episode, and a chef pulled out a box just like this and the judges went wild! And so did I! A rustic wooden box with an array of mysterious spices. How cool!

Then I got to wondering: how long can you keep spices?

1 Like

:point_up_2: I decided to throw away some spices that were over 4 years old today, most of them came from former girlfriends who brought them when we went grocery shopping, so I didn’t use them as much as I do my main spices.

Thanks for the Info

1 Like

What are your favourite spices? Which ones did you throw away (least used)?

As for me, I love cinnamon. Fresh parsley is readily available and easy to throw in salads; same for fresh mint.

I used to bbq a lot. Whenever I put sliced potatoes on the grill, rosemary was my go-to. Thyme is a nice addition, as well. (oops, those are all herbs)

I wish I had more experience with coriander (both fresh and seeds). Well, I wish I had more experience with the spices commonly found in curry, in general.

1 Like

Everything else came from the women that was in my life

1 Like

Chefs Who Talk Back, Will Regret - Hell’s Kitchen

1 Like

After the first minute, I’m already feeling the anxiety kick in…

I’ve never seen this before. I thought That chef just yells at people and picks on them. I was wrong. He gets mad at them, but he’s also encouraging at the same time.

1 Like

He has his own restaurant

Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen in Las Vegas - IS the HYPE Real?

1 Like

I guess Ramsey’s restaurant earned its hype, huh?

There’s a reason why you gotta make a reservation so far in advance. Your favourite local noodle shop may be delicious, but market demand says it all.

Just like some street food vendors have super long lines at lunch time. They may not offer any experience, as a street vendor, but the food speaks for itself.

1 Like

A lot of men have taken notice of this lady cooking, Is it the food?

Whole Fried Snapper - Peas n Rice - Coleslaw - SHE KNOWS WHAT SHES DOING

1 Like

hahaha Getting baited to watch…us men always fall for the same trick.

That’s how girls become millionaires on social media. It’s our fault.

Anyway, my favourite female chef was Barefoot Contessa. I used to watch her show long ago.

imagen

1 Like

Chef’s no longer needed?

These robotic arms put a five-star chef in your kitchen

1 Like

This is crazy.

Automated AI restaurant opens in California

An almost fully-automated restaurant in Pasadena, California, is using robot cooks and AI-powered ordering kiosks.

1 Like

Facial recognition?? Oh god. How about, ¨Swipe your COVID vaccination card to complete your order¨?

Think of all those jobs that were lost with this place.

People have rioted for lots of stupid reasons. Where are those folks now? I usually don’t condone violence or riots. But this place deserves to get destroyed. (Or at least boycotted)

1 Like