What's cooking?

You went straight to the Violence :joy:, There is a serious question that needs to be addressed, if companies like this build hundreds if not thousands of places similar to this one what should we do?

1 Like

I have no clue how to prevent this from happening

1 Like

haha it’s the only way some people learn.

Burn them all. Once the trend hits the news, insurance companies won’t wanna cover the loss and will deny coverage.

Who’s gonna open a restaurant without insurance?

1 Like

Big business doing what they do best.

Iowa has lost 90% of its family farms in the past 40 years — 40,000 total farms, gone.

But hog industry profits have tripled.

All that profit just goes to 3 companies that now dominate every aspect of the pork industry.

How Tyson Captured All The Pork You Eat (And Made Billions)

1 Like

Where do you draw the line between a free market and a protected/subsidized market?

Do you put a cap on one company’s success? Who determines that?

I love small business, but I also love a free market. Am I a hypocrite?

At what point does local government step in to protect local farmers (and why)?

1 Like

I have no problem with free markets, In the video above, it looks like the companies are breaking antitrust laws, but I’m not sure. here is the law.

United States antitrust law

In the United States, antitrust law is a collection of mostly federal laws that regulate the conduct and organization of businesses in order to promote competition and prevent unjustified monopolies. The three main U.S. antitrust statutes are the Sherman Act of 1890, the Clayton Act of 1914, and the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914. These acts serve three major functions. First, Section 1 of the Sherman Act prohibits price fixing and the operation of cartels, and prohibits other collusive practices that unreasonably restrain trade. Second, Section 7 of the Clayton Act restricts the mergers and acquisitions of organizations that may substantially lessen competition or tend to create a monopoly. Third, Section 2 of the Sherman Act prohibits monopolization.

1 Like

haha Take note of how I didn’t say ¨I¨ at all. This is what happens when you want change but aren’t willing to do anything about it.

For real though, we can’t stop it individually. If there are 400 customers everyday, what difference does it make if I, personally, don’t wanna eat there?

It has to be a an organized movement. There has to be an organized protest/boycott. That will only work to keep them out of your particular community. Doing it at the other 15 locations throughout that particular state/prefecture is another story.

Could be that eventually, the market wins, and people contribute to their own local economy’s damage.

1 Like

Good point. I was thinking about this, but then corruption comes into play. How many politicians do you think are out there in the world that will say no to a payoff?

The laws are only as good as those who enforce them.

1 Like

imagen

Seen buttermilk at the supermarket, but have no idea what it’s used for? This page has recipes and articles about buttermilk.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/buttermilk

1 Like

I remembered this joke: )

2 Likes

Viking Chef

2 Likes

Have you seen the series “Bear”?

3 Likes

I’ll just go for tuna. Thanks. haha

2 Likes

:rofl: You are a laugh a minute. When I was a trainee in the late 1970s I was assigned in North Sumatra. Every morning on the 20km drive to the training centre we used to drive through Medan and witness hundreds of women chewing beetle nut (maybe they were cloves) to keep their toothache at bay. They all looked like the picture on this post and they were probably only 40 or 50. So much for that clean country living everyone thinks is lived by people in remote rural areas.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I smoked weed, I got lazy, but I went to jamacia and they smoke weed like it’s going out of style, even when they work in construction in their sandals, I had a lot of fun hanging with the rastas. Overall, good people!

1 Like

This lifestyle requires commitment

Dr. Aris Latham Shares Why He Hasn’t Had Water in Over 40 years… Yet NEVER gets sick!

Dr. Aris LaTham Shows Us How To Make A Healthy And Tasty ‘Chocolate Milk’ Only Using Fruits

1 Like

They might wanna bring in an additional consultant.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you had to go there :+1:

1 Like

He gets all of his water from fruits, so can I trust the fruits at the grocery store or should my fruits come from my own garden?

1 Like

This is the one time I’d actually ADVOCATE for some robots on site.

1 Like