What's cooking?

In my life, I’ve been to this place twice. This video is the real deal

King of AMERICAN BARBECUE!!

1 Like

I suppose the best way to find out is to try it for myself!! I’d love to try it with udon.

Do you have a favourite noodle?

Those ribs look so good. It’s funny how he said this recipe would make him lose a competition, however everyone’s asking about it. Sounds like a winner to me!

1 Like

Soba and ramen are my two favorite ones!

2 Likes

You know, I’m not sure if I’ve had soba noodles before or not. Those are the wheat noodles, right?

As for ramen…I’ve had tons of ramen. haha Any American who has gone food shopping with $6 will have lots of experience with ramen.

Another noodle favourite of mine is rice noodles! They’re cheap and the texture is great. Very different from noodles made from wheat.

My only problem with rice noodles is that every time I’ve done stir fry with them, they often start clumping up, and there’ll be 5-6 noodles stuck together.

Videos of large groups of people needing fed every day, whether on cruise ships, sports teams, in schools, or in the military are captivating to me

How West Point Makes Over 13,000 Meals A Day For Army Cadets

1 Like

22,000 meatballs?!
are-you-ready-for-some-meatballs-meatballed

´Every meal is earned, not given.¨

I can’t believe everything is served so quickly.!

1 Like

Initially I thought maybe some people wasn" getting fed, then he said “After a long day of classes, we earned this meal.”.

1 Like

Here’s another big meal prep

How The World’s Largest Cruise Ship Makes 30,000 Meals Every Day

1 Like

That’s impressive because it’s not just food on a plate. There’s presentation involved.

That operation is insane.

1 Like

And the cost to run a cruise ship is insane

Why It Costs $1 Million Per Day To Run One Of The World’s Biggest Cruise Ships - Big Business

1 Like

6,000 passengers x $100/day = $600,000 income/day
$1,000,000 expenses/day

$400,000 operational deficit/day

How does this business model yield profit??

1 Like

I don’t mean to be sexist, but are you a guy or a girl? I just want to know a bit about the food-loving person behind the screen.

1 Like

2 Likes

Are you the meme dealer around here? :joy: Because I haven’t seen many people dishing out memes.

Turkish street food offers a wide array of delicious and flavorful dishes that are popular among locals and visitors.

1 Like

The last time I watched this guy was a while ago, he has beaten many tough challenges since then

Victoria’s Largest 3.5kg Aussie Double Hamburger Challenge Has Had Only 2 Winners in 15 Years!!

Here’s a simple and delicious omelet recipe.
To make it you need about 5 eggs, some milk and one medium-sized tomato. You can also add salt and pepper.
All this is mixed together. The tomato is sliced previously.
And roast in a pan for a few minutes. Simple and very tasty.

2 Likes

Aaaaah. The incredible, edible egg. If you have eggs, you have a meal.

Eggs are like salad for me. You can mix it with just about anything.

Eggs with some meat, some veggies, some rice.
bam!

On a Joe Rogan podcast, a guy was talking about how seed oils are unhealthy for us and linked to cancer…

I googled it and found some info related to coconut oil:

Ok. Coconut oil is on the list for healthiest cooking oilis. However, I also found this on the SAME page:
Screenshot (164)

How does the same oil end up listed on both extremes for healthiest AND unhealthiest??
Any ideas?

As far as high smoke point (for stir frying) is concerned, I used to think grapeseed oil was the best way to go. Now, I’m not so sure.

The guy in the video was saying that seedoils, particularly, are unhealthy.

Vegetable oil is supposedly bad. Peanut oil is bad. I used to stir fry with peanut oil, also.

I have no idea what oil to cook with now. Well, I don’t cook much now at all. Just some eggs or some meat. But I’d like to find a healthy oil. Olive oil is good for low/medium-fire cooking.

I can start using that again. But, that still leaves me puzzled as far as high smoke point oils.

Any ideas? I’m leaning towards avocado oil.

I just saw this clip about palm oil.

The sad music isn’t necessary, but still interesting.

1 Like

Although I am not as health conscious as I should be, I was told several years ago that anything that contains the word oil is not healthy.

oil is for industrial use.

1 Like