What's your favorite TV series?

Is there only one season at all?)

Or the first one is the best one you mean?!

Yeah Dany and everyone else. So much talk about the prince that was promised and then not even bringing that up at all. Then thereā€™s Cerseiā€™s babyā€¦ So much build up all for nothing. :sweat: Iā€™ll probably just wait for the books.

That was a good one too. I liked it for its production value! :slight_smile: I think for that though, you almost gotta suspend logic to watch it.

I think that was part of the problem. The logic of a story has to make sense within its own world. And in Altered Carbon they exchanged logic for explosions a bit too much for my taste. It did look very good, it just needed a bit tighter writing.

Did you read the books? Are they more interesting than a show? Actually I also thought to read them.

1 Like

I see that people are talking about Game of Thrones. Iā€™ve read the books multiple times and was expecting so much more from the show. The last two seasons were disappointing. With the character assassinations, the unresolved plot points, teleportation, things that contradicted other events, and the massive amount of plot armor, the writers seemed as if they didnā€™t care or were just incapable of writing something so complex without source material. I wonā€™t go into detail because that would turn this into a ludicrously long post but itā€™s suffice to say that there was so much wrong, especially with the final season.

1 Like

I didnā€™t read the books but thatā€™s what I plan to do next. :blush:

Aaaah then it would be a really good idea to read the books. :blush: The show got us so invested only to end with something that seemed like it wasnā€™t well thought out. :sweat:

Couldnā€™t agree more. :confounded: Huhuhu. It was such a waste. I mean, some people could argue that it was a ā€œdecentā€ ending BUT it really didnā€™t reach the level of the previous seasons. :confused: :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m ok with the ending. I mean if thatā€™s the ending that the writers wanted then ok. What I have an issue with is how they got there. Itā€™s like they created so much complexities only for it to end the way it did. :sweat:

Totally agree with you. We were all disappointed with how they end it. :disappointed:

Always a challenge for sci fi shows/movies. Have you seen the movie Ex Machina?

No, I havenā€™t, but I think I have heard of it. Is it any good?

They rushed everything and made it seem incredible and unrealistic. I donā€™t doubt thereā€™s a chance she is going to go all Mad Queen in the books but it will be gradual and more people will notice it, not just Varys. Bran being king I donā€™t understand but perhaps it will be better foreshadowed in the books.

Now, with the books the ending lines of each chapter hold importance. In Jonā€™s chapter when he meets Tyrion, the line refers to Tyrionā€™s shadow making him taller than usual and it says, ā€œfor a moment Tyrion seemed as tall as a king.ā€ If Bran is in a wheelchair, Tyrion would be almost at a height with him as opposed to how tall he would be standing. This could be foreshadowing or it could mean Tyrion serves as a king briefly after Danyā€™s death before they choose a new king.

Read the books, people. You will enjoy them far more than the show, especially since the show left us with so many unanswered questions. The books wonā€™t do that.

1 Like

I have read the first book only, I should apparently give the rest a try.

What are you guys looking forward to watching this summer?

Frozen 2! However, itā€™s gonna be not in summer, but Iā€™m looking forward to watching it

Yes itā€™s very good!!! I highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to starting Black Mirror!

I should start that too, people keep recommending it to me.

Have you guys watched Chernobyl? :open_mouth: HBOā€™s mini-series? :smiley: Haha. What can you say about it? :thinking: On imdb, itā€™s rated as the Best TV Show. :open_mouth: