What's your favorite TV series?

I have read the book. It was pretty dark and intense! I presume the TV version is scarier?

OH MY. :open_mouth: It’s super disturbing! :open_mouth: Huhuhu. I just close my eyes sometimes cause I just can’t take it. Huhu. :frowning: I mean, if you’re into dark and disturbing stuff that’ll make you question everything, you should definitely watch it! Haha. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to muster up the courage to watch it then!:see_no_evil: The book was too much for me. Gritty but painful to visualize! I suggest you watch some light comedy series/movie/videos after watching the Handmaid’s Tale. It’ll help you to lighten your mood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not a problem, I like binge-watching shows anyway.

Hahaha. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s what I try to do sometimes. A bit of Brooklyn 99 after an episode of he Handmaid’s Tale. :sweat_smile: I’ll try to get my hands on the book so I could also compare. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve heard only good things about Brooklyn 99, I should really watch the whole thing.

Each time a tv series is talked about here, I think “ohh let me check that out.” Now I don’t know which one to watch first haha.

Haha yes it’s difficult! The only shows I can watch these days are those that aren’t “connected” like Netflix’s Rotten. They’re more documentary-style so I can just easily pause and then go back to it the following day and no story will be broken.

But I recommend:

Rotten
Abstract

Both on Netflix. They’re not shows but more like documentaries. Rotten talks about the crazy stuff happening in the US food industry while Abstract talks about VERY interesting people. The kind that will make you think you’re not doing anything in your life lol.

Interesting. My problem when I watch something is that I can’t stop. I watch until I finish a whole season lol. So maybe this will work for me. Thanks for the recos. This is exactly what I’m talking about hahaha.

Yeah I did that once for House of Cards. I ended up watching it from 9PM to 6AM or something. I felt like I wasted a Saturday haha but I just couldn’t stop!

Another show you can try watching is Chef’s Table! The downside is that you get hungry. That, and I realize how I can’t afford those meals lol

Another food-related documentary worth taking a look at - Dive!
It might change the way you shop.

Also, since I’ve seen Joe Cross’ films “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” (1 & 2) I’ve went out and got a blender and juicer which we use quite often at home. Especially for the little one’s menu.

Dirty Money is another good series focusing on the big industries and their shady dealings.

I have heard a lot about Brooklyn 99. Guess will have to start watching this now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahaha! :smiley: I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :blush: Suuuper love the characters. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding The Handmaid’s Tale btw, yesterday, I watched the S02E05 and wow. :open_mouth: It was so sad and depressing that I told myself that it’s the last episode I’m gonna watch cause I just can’t take it anymore. :frowning: BUT of course, we’ll have to see about that. Haha.

Star Trek

The Office, Nutaro, Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Any comedy special on Netfix (for the most par), and Nollywood Films (lol)

Is it crazy that I watch Band of Brothers at least yearly? The entire series…

Murder Mysteries, Dramatic Detectives and Who-Dun-It are my go to… Especially from the BBC.

In no particular order:

Broadchurch
Sherlock
DCI Banks
Endeavor
The Great British Baking Show
Nailed It (also baking)
Ozark
The Killing

Lots of good stuff out there.

1 Like

Haven’t checked this out, but Damian Lewis was in Homeland, for the first two or three seasons. Great actor. Also in Band of Brothers, another favorite of mine.

1 Like

Does anyone here watch the Murdoch Mysteries?

Not familiar. Is that available in the US? I’m not seeing it on Netflix or Amazon.

It’s a Canadian series, I believe it’s on Hulu.

1 Like