What's your favorite TV series?

Oh really? I didn’t know it was from 1960’s. Now I’m tempted to read up on it. Is the story still the same?

Checked out Dive! Looks like a film made in the 90s? Only watched the trailer for now but added it to my list!

I’ve also seen Fat Sick and Nearly Dead! That’s really one of the things that motivated me to eat more vegetables! Truly moving.

Another good one is The Widowmaker! VERY good.

Thanks for the reco on Dirty Money! Wanted to see it after seeing Martin Shkreli featured lol

So eloquent! Haha! Anything else??

1 Like

Also, which Star Trek?

2 Likes

HI!
Thanks for sharing your favs TV series! Im happy that I have found some interesting titles…
One of my favourites that I have watched is Spartacus.
P.S. Fun fact: Im one of that 2 % that have never seen Game of Thrones :smiley: May be it is time to solve this…

1 Like

Loved Boardwalk Empire, pretty devastated when that finished, now addicted to Babylon Berlin - maybe we just love the 1920’s! - watched Westworld and loved it, watched Handmaid’s Tale and thought it was one and a half great series (which surprised me as I love her books and thought the TV show couldn’t be as good, was wrong) but felt they went badly off the boil with the second half of Series 2, also weirdly big fans of The Affiar, but couldn’t really explain why. But Game Of Thrones and The Walking Dead are also must-watch TV in our house. Plus we adore Modern Family - brilliant light relief after those last two.

(And I’m another one who loves Friends - that and the X Files were on when my wife and I were at Uni, and they have had a special place in our hearts ever since. It helps that Mrs Templar likes David Duchovny as much as I like Gillian Anderson, so no one is jealous!) I have the ‘I Want To Believe’ poster framed on the wall in my garage and a matching mug on my trader desk.)

2 Likes

The Walking Dead sucks now in my opinion lol how do you feel about it now? Ever since Carl died, I stopped watching :joy:The earlier seasons were awesome

Actually I was pretty relaxed about losing Carl (sorry!), I was more challenged when Negan offed a couple of big characters. But we’re still obsessed with it. Didn’t like the cheap CGI in place of special effects three or so series ago but they have that in better balance now. We still love it. Sorry. We have been in since the beginning, and will be in until the end. It’s an annual event in our house.

(It helps that we loved Negan as a character - I get that many didn’t and that challenged some regular viewers.)

1 Like

No need to apologize for still liking the show lol I would still recommend the show to people, but Negan was funny. I didn’t like the role he played, or Lucille, but was hilarious lol

1 Like

All of them.

But in descending order: DS9, TNG, TOS, Enterprise, Voyager and TAS.

The jury is still out on Discovery.

I think my favourite Star Trek is TNG. Do you know, by the way, that they’re making a new Star Trek series with Patrick Stewart reprising his role?

1 Like

Yes, great news!

1 Like

Fear the walking dead, the originals, generations

1 Like

TNG was my favourite Trek series and Picard was my favourite captain, I was very pleased to hear the news.

2 Likes

Agree to that! Can’t wait for the next season. It’s sci-fi done right.

2 Likes

I really hope they will do the original series justice.
I didn’t particularly like Discovery.

1 Like

So far it’s been an exciting action adventure with great special effects and loads of plot twists that also happens to be set in the Star Trek universe. What it has lacked is the nerdiness, humor and heart that make Star Trek special.

Hopefully, there will be more character development and science fiction in the second season that is worthy of the franchise, something that makes us feel like we did when we first heard this.

Shows like that often improve in their later seasons, so I too hope that will happen with Discovery too.

Frankly, the space opera show that I’ve been enjoying immensely lately (more so than Discovery) is The Expanse.

1 Like

I am not a huge fan of the TV series but I watched my first one on the recommendation of my friend. “Game of thrones” is the first and only TV show I watched and I became fan of it. Now, I am anxiously waiting for 2019 when the next season of it will be released. Are you waiting as well?

A few series that might be of interest:
Ozark (netflix)
Parks and Recreation
Disenchanted (Netflix) - From the creator of The Simpsons
Paradise PD (Netflix)