What's your trading goal for this year?

Hellooo! :blush: And happy happy new year guuuuys! :blush: I’ve created a thread for my own trading goal where I will basically be pouring all that goes through my mind while I try to reach my trading goal (which is to be able to afford a sofa for the apartment my future husband will move into after the wedding). :blush: How about you guys? :blush: What’s your goal for this year? :smiley:

6 Likes

To trade more!!! I’m putting together my trading journal for 2024. Wish me luck lol

4 Likes

trade via bigger portfolio

4 Likes

Happy New Year! I’m really cheering for that sofa goal to happen! My trading goal is to have more time to practice and level up my trading skills.

5 Likes

Smiles…you must really like that sofa…
My trading goal is to be able to grow My Trading account month on Month with growth, lesser draw down per day during trading and have consistent positive result in trade results per day to encourage me to increase My risk per trade.

2 Likes

For years and years when I was employed working, my trading goal was to make enough money to stop working. Now I am retired, my trading goal is to make enough money to stop trading…

6 Likes

Well, since I’m just starting off, my goals for the year is to master my emotion, psychology of trading, and become profitable, at least in smaller accounts.

5 Likes

Blessed new year…!

1. Nail down the details of trend strategy (tweak, improve as needed).
  2. Consistently enter indicated setups (only did four last year, three got hit - way too distracted and busy).
  3. Improve profitability…

Eventually start increasing position size if those are successful. The ultimate goal is to supplement our income as we wind down working.

So ask us how we did at the end of the year? Hope your new sofa works out…

3 Likes

Happy New Year! your sofa is coming!
My trade goal is to put the time in to learn the strategies needed for extra income. so i can relax! lol

1 Like

Still learning the ropes of FX, my goal is to learn more about all that surrounds the actual placing orders. There is a lot of talk about candles, price action, indicators etc., but my focus will be on risk management, strategy, learning and psychology/mindset. Someone in a post here mentioned Adam Grimes, I have tonight (where I am) started his free training course. It is very useful, and although he is stock oriented, his advice applies to all classes. Recommended!

1 Like

In my 10 last trades, 3 were losses and 7 wins. The accummulated gain was 49, 39%. Pairs traded: UDSNOK, USDJPY and AUDUSD.
Strategy: Trend and gut feeling. In reversed order.
I know this is not a sustainable strategy, so I am now studying history and listening to authorities that are not promoting “get rich fast” courses. It takes time, and effort, but will be worth it!

3 Likes

I’m working on coding an EA with my friend. Well, he’s mostly doing the coding part and I’m helping out with the strategies and ideas. Plus, I’m also trying to get involved in my brokerage’s affiliate program.

1 Like

Step 1. Learn trading.

Step 2. Apply trading.

Step 3. Learn karate.

Step 4. Take over the world and instate a world ice cream eating day.

:eyes:

Not really.

Honestly, my goal for this year is to absorb as much of the markets as I can. Begin and finish demoing with at least two profitable strategies. Then open a live account and end the year at least break even. Tall goals but I believe I can.

3 Likes

Don’t under-estimate trend and gut feeling.

At one time I was in a trader group which met in a large pub once a month. At the end of each meeting we used to look at a dozen company share price charts and index charts chosen by a member and flashed onto a laptop screen for 5 or 10 seconds. We could each then say if we thought price was going to go up or down by the next meeting. The members who went with the trend were usually right.

2 Likes

My aim is a better return than the hedge funds. Last year that was 5.7% and I made it, although it was a lot lower than it could have been if I could maintain discipline.

So far this year I’m at 3%. I’m sure there will be some much higher highs and horrible lows before the year is out :rofl:

2 Likes

my aim in 2024 is simple, i want to cover all my monthly expenses through trading plus adding some trading balance.

2 Likes

I have a goal to make a big capital through Forex trading and I will invest that capital into a permanent asset.

1 Like

Same here!!! Hahaha. :smiley: By any chance, do you have a trading journal for this year? :smiley: Just so I can drop by and cheer you on every now and then. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha.

1 Like

Ooooh. :blush: Good luck on this Professor! :smiley: I’d love to hear about it once you get this done! (I’m sure you will!) :blush:

2 Likes

I’d also like that for myself. :blush: After all this wedding planning, I’ll make it a point to also improve my trading skills. :blush: If you don’t mind, what are the steps you’re currently taking for this? :open_mouth:

1 Like