Where are all the women?

Just wondering what percentage of traders are female. Without a doubt it is a male dominated profession though with the superior female brain I wonder why.:eek: (sure to get some replies with that statement!!!):wink:

1 Like

Good question but yeah does not seem like they are many wonder why.

But it could be that they are all in the kitchen just joking :rolleyes:

NZ Penny,
Do you know we men make the loudest noise. Donā€™t be fooled that it is a male dominated profession. There are some brave women out there who donā€™t make loud noise. You remember the saying ā€œwhat a man can do, a woman can do it twice betterā€. Because i know for sure in Dubai, most of the rich single women make their money off stock market.

2 Likes

They come, they make their fortune, they go ā€¦ unlike the men who struggle for years trying to overcome their own egos :smiley:
For instance, bunnygirl (google her) who traded a few years back and invented the bunnygirl cross or BGX, which is discussed at length at forex factory. She made her millions & is now probably relaxing on a tropical island somewhereā€¦

1 Like

Maybe I need to look into getting me an FX Suga Momma.:smiley:

I will have to go ask my wife first.:eek:

There I go again, risking it all on a long shot.:stuck_out_tongue:

Ahahahahaha.

But srsly. Demontez is probably right. Overall I have hardly ever seen any women talking about investing at all, but maybe they just donā€™t talk about it. I still think itā€™s probably a lower % than males, I should ask some women about investing though and see what kind of response I get :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve only ever seen one confirmed woman in this forum :eek:. But like they say, ā€œThere are no women on the internet :Dā€

Maybe Mytwopips could put a dress onā€¦ :eek:
:smiley:

Figure out a way for Trichet to keep his damn mouth shut for a year and I will have the dress, lipstick, wig, and earings on just for you.

I will be the sexiest Forex tranny ever.:smiley:

What you talkin 'bout Willis?? :smiley:

Ok, guess itā€™s time to come out of the laundry room, the kitchen, the dark agesā€¦and put the shoes on that we hid in the closet while we were pregnant :rolleyes:

Investing?..we invest our ā€œtimeā€ networking mostly. Besides real estate & the traditional RRSP, thereā€™s Tupperware, Mary Kay, Usana, Watkins, Herbalife, Avon, etc. which from what Iā€™ve experienced has been mainly female dominated. We talk about that all the timeā€¦you know, the dreaded ā€œBBQ inviteā€ to discuss ā€œmultiple streams of incomeā€ ā€¦but perhaps youā€™ve got that ā€œselective hearingā€ disorder common to so many men :stuck_out_tongue:

Trading is only one type of investingā€¦and now Iā€™ve added it my portfolio too since it became so much more accessible thanks to the internetā€¦actually itā€™s going to replace my online webstore.

PS I changed my avatar so now youā€™ve can say youā€™ve seen two women on this forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think thatā€™s it ā€¦ the guys just want more glam-avatars in here. So in the spirit of cooperation, this is what I look like without the gas-mask.

Wow the new avatars are looking good.

One time on newbie island someone thought I was a woman.

All this time, until I read a piece in the brokers section, I assumed Sweet Pip was a male.:eek:

Sorry about that Sweet Pip.

I bet all the women are the ones really making all the big money in Forex. They are just smart enough to keep it hidden. Us apes (males) donā€™t stand a chance.

I am a man. And unlike a woman who would still maybe have her millions.
I have made my millions several times and each women that eventually leaves takes all the money. The last million I made unfortunately I spent way faster than I made it. And even after I make a few more million I will still be on the farm. I will still feed my animals every day.
We had a Kid yesterday, she is so cute! I think her mom almost head butted me with her horns when I picked the baby up.
Cinderella only had one kid and Moose had none. Now I guess I need to find those Does a buck :slight_smile:

You indeed are a millionare!!

A lucky man to be living on a farm with such beautiful animals! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad someone asked about the women traders here. Iā€™ve lurked around the forums for a while, and Iā€™ve been trading for a while, but Iā€™ve never posted on the babypips forums.

My dad trades a bit too, and one of his favorite traders is a woman, Raghee Horner.

1 Like

Good to know you have lurked also. I have found that many of the male traders are very intimadating and quick to dismiss women.
Not all of them but many! It does seem that perhaps a higher percentage of the fewer female traders(if that makes sense) are successful.

so who are female here actually ?

Donā€™t ban me :frowning:

We are here!

To mimic a song lyric by ā€œDEVOā€, Iā€™d re-liken it to ā€œAre We Not Men?..We Are Traders!!!ā€

Male or female donā€™t matter so letā€™s not turn it into a war of the sexes!!! I know itā€™s hard not to, but humor me or Iā€™ll ā€œWhip You Goodā€ :smiley: :smiley:

the battle of the sexes will never end because thereā€™s too much fraternizing with the enemy! :slight_smile:

You shouldnā€™t talk about yourselves that wayā€¦ you know, you are what you think! :smiley: