Where to get a Micro or Nano account?

Hi friends,

[U]quick question:[/U]
Im looking for a Demoaccount where i can practice trading with an account-size like 100$. SO a micro or a nano account.

At the moment im using FXCM (+MT4) and heard that they offer these accounts, but i really cant find that option on their Website.

So where can i get such an account.

Oanda, people complain about the charting, but it’s improving all the time, and you can have a $1 account if you like.

I don’t know about the chart improving part :D, but I trade with Oanda and I can highly recommend them.

I think FXCM offers their micro lot trading through a subdivision: Forex Trading Micro Lots | FXCM Micro As far as I know, they don’t offer MT4 for their micro trading

Have a look at IBFX, maybe that could work for you.

I would open a tiny real account with a broker like Oanda or Liteforex and skip the little demo. These 2 brokers and I am sure there must be some others allow tiny real accounts. I have no experience with Liteforex so I don’t know about their practices. I think you can trade a small account with them and use MT4. I do use Oanda and like them a lot quirks and all.

Your other option if you must demo is just set up the smallest demo you can and trade it down to where you want the balance. Just follow most of the trading advise you read on trading forums you should get your balance down in no time;)

IBFX, you can trade as little as $.01 a pip. I love IBFX, nothing but great things with them.

Thank you everybody!
Feeling greatly supported! :slight_smile:

I’ll take a look at Oanda and IBFX, both sound like exactely what i am looking for.

So i decided for Oanda.

Filling out the neccessary documents I encounter a little understanding problem:

I’ve attached the “problematic” document and blaked out the personal info.
I got some problems with the highlighted lines.

In case the uploaded scan isnt clearly visable here is what it says:

1st problem:
Line 6: U.S. taxpayer identification number, if requiered (see instructions)
Line 7: Foreign tax indentifying number, if any (optional)

Given instructions arent clear to me at this one.
I live in germany and i got an Social Insurance Number.
After reading the instrucions i think that i can leave line 6 blank and give my Social Insurance Number in line 7.
Does this sound right?

2nd problem:
“Capacity in which acting”

I’ve never encountered this term until now.
If i understand right it asks basically who i am.
Am i supposed to write something like “owner” there?

Sry to ask questions on such a “boring” topic. But since some of you have experience with oanda you knowledge can probably help me here :slight_smile:

Try the Oanda Live help, they’ll set you right in no time.

Wow, great advice!
Solved all my problems in 2 minutes!
Thanks!

Welcome, sometimes it’s easy to be helpful, but I think it’s a big mistake trying too hard sometimes, better just direct people to the best source!

And the very best of luck on your new venture, and remember what I keep telling people - it’s takes up to 3 years to obtain a degree to have a chance of a job, and we don’t want one of them do we :smiley:

Dunno about Oanda International but Oansa Asia Pacific wouldn’t allow me to start a live account until i have 6 months experience with demo…
I should have said a year dangit lol but instead I said 2 now i have to wait 4 months or try liteforex.

Quote of the day :smiley:

Hey Guys,

sry to bring this thread up again.

So my Oanda account is active. I still havent funded it yet, but i will at the beginning of the next week. Maybe 100 $ to start with.

Question now is:
Is there a way to trade your Oanda account with MT4?
As far as i know Oanda (and that still little) they use an own platform, right?

How do you guys do this?

Use MT4 for a signal and then enter on the Oanda platform?

Yes, you are right, DONT fund it with much money because you WILL lose it.

My advice for a $100 account is trade a lot size that equals no more than 10cents per pip, if you can double that account to $200 trade at no more than 20cents per pip double it again to $400 trade at no more than 40cents per pip.
See where that takes you and dont get over confident to trade higher amounts too early, you will blow the account on a few reletively small losses.

I went with IBFX, mini account. And trade micro account (0.1 Mini Lots). Applications and funding was fine. Working well.

That was exactely what i was thinking.

Besides thinking about lot sizes, risk management for each trade, my trading system and so on i came up with this overall-business-plan:

Whenever i can double my account-size for the first time i’ll take the gained amount away to create a pool of money which i can use to start again, when i should blow up my account.

For example, if i assume i would double my account every month it would look like this:

Account size: [B]100$[/B]
Month 1: 200$ (account doubled) (100$ taken away) (In case of blowup i can start with 100$ again)

Account size: [B]100$[/B]
Month 2: 200$ (account doubled) (already reached this point, so i dont take away money)
Month 3: 400$ (account doubled) (200$ taken away) (In case of blowup i can start with 200$ again)

Account size: [B]200$[/B]
Month 4: 400$ (account doubled) (already reached this point, so i dont take away money)
Month 5: 800$ (account doubled) (400$ taken away) (In case of blowup i can start with 400$ again)

Account size: [B]400$[/B]
Month 6: 800$ (account doubled) (already reached this point, so i dont take away money)
Month 7: 1.600$ (account doubled) (800$ taken away) (In case of blowup i can start with 800$ again)

Taking away that first 100 Dollar from my account would be especially important to me, because it limits my risk to loose the money i put into the account to 0.

[U]Creating these “checkpoints” i see the following advantages:[/U]

• lets me start again pretty close to where i was in case of a blowup
  • Less fear of loosing everything means less emotions involved (psychological improvement for me)
  • the longer i do this the more “checkpoints” im creating. Should it work out like above i could start all over again 4 times without my actual bank account involved.
  • when playing videogames years ago (and still today) i was always used to save my progress overly often. So i can see this approach matching with my trading-style.

[U]Of course i also see the big disadvantage:[/U]

• Everything takes much, much more time. Looking above i could have reached 1.600$ in 4 months without these checkpoints.

But hey, i can also see an exercise for patiance in this negative aspect, so its maybe not that negative. :smiley:

I would love to hear some comments on this approach, because im still a beginner and probably thinking in the whole wrong direction.

If you are looking for non Meta Trader platform:

[ul]
[li]Onada
[/li][li]FXCM
[/li][li]CMC
[/li][/ul]

if you looking for MT4 platform

[ul]
[li]FX Clearing
[/li][li]FXlight
[/li][li]Broco
[/li][li]IBFX
[/li][li]FXDD
[/li][/ul]

and many more

uhuh … mhm, well i find two threads relating to nano lots and they’re both a few years young but since it’s considered bad taste in general i’ll ask the question here first.

I am currently with tusarfx they offer all that and more and i’m relatively happy with the way things are dealt with (i dont really believe in being very happy until i get what i need in life so relatively means good if you’ll excuse my lapsus diversion here for a sec but …)
I dont like betting on one horse so i though i’d scout out other possible brokers who offer the exact same service. That is : nano and micro cents fundable starting from $1 or €1 with absolutely no swap/rollover whatsoever and no one inquiring about my religion when i ask that, just offered as service to anyone.
Since it’s 2013 by now and google is nice but people who already know are nice i’d thought i’d just light up the topic here (if anyone still gets this) and ask which brokers atm would be recommended since i dont see myself getting out of nano/micro accounts for at least a year or maybe longer, but multiple nano accounts is also multiple times pip so … the no swap is probably most important since i have very bad experiences with keeping trades open for a week or longer somewhere else. It’s like losing a pip per lotsize per night and i never got any positives back so … if anyone reads and has something constructive to say, please post your wisdom once more with the rest of the world