Which book good for price action

Which book is good for price action?

1 Like

Best introduction …

Al Brooks has a bunch of books about it, they can be helpful.

2 Likes

@S_Jane_M and @charlotte_daily thanks. Will be checking them both out. Al Brooks seems to have a lot of content on YouTube, so I’ll go there first. :+1:t5:

Hey,you are intraday trader or swing trader

You read his book?

These are not “two different groups.” :wink:

“Swing traders” are not really a counterpart to “daytraders”.

There is “intraday swing-trading” also.

This is very, very widely misunderstood (especially at Babypips, where - sadly - a lot of misinformation is habitually posted in the forum, some of it by bots pasting in AI-generated text).

The key point to understand is that swing trading has no connection to timeframes at all.

So, the distinction between swing trading and daytrading also doesn’t intrinsically relate to timeframes: if you take a look at something like Alan Farley’s standard textbook on swing trading (“The Master Swing Trader”), he actually clears up this widespread misperception on page 1.

Other established authors also do pretty much the same.

Contrasting “swing trading” with “daytrading” is just a category error, based on a misunderstanding…

Many of the most successful swing traders I know, and know of, myself, happen to be intraday swing traders, and that’s also true of a lot of successful traders in general, including hedge fund traders as well as retail traders.

For myself, I trade from relatively fast-moving volume charts. I said a little bit more here.

(If you’re looking at Al Brooks, look at his videos and online stuff by all means, but if you’re looking at his books, avoid the first one, which is terribly difficult almost to the point of being unreadable. He wrote three more after that one, all of which are much better and easier to read, and he acknowledges this himself!).