Which currency pair would you never trade? Why?

Watch out for USD/TRY! It’s one wild ride with lots of twists and turns. This pair can be seriously unpredictable and risky to trade

1 Like

I lost most money on the GBP/JPY pair, and I also have a inherent dislike for all other GBP pairs.

1 Like

I avoid trading commodities because I feel they carry large amount of risk for a trader.

2 Likes

i will not trade pairs with gbp
it is personal, i think they are not lucky to me
they bring me bad luck and lost so i dont trade them

1 Like

I’m trading with my robots profitable xauusd and other mainpairs. I don’t trade exotics. Mainpairs are enough to be successful.

Looked at the marketmilk tool here and wow:

Das wild.

1 Like

Can definitely see that!

Yeah agree with @tommor, EURUSD is usually the most recommended pair for new traders! Could you tell us more about your experience?

1 Like

It gaps up and down. It’s like a TA tazmanian devil!

Choosing a pair is a very personal decision, and the profitability of a pair is determined by which pair you have tested on and practiced with.

But if you can get into an AUDJPY trade long now and sit on it, you’ll likely have a longer term trade that’s going to the moon.

1 Like

Some Exotic currency pairs like USD/TRY , as they have lower liquidity.

Nope! There’s opportunities everywhere! I won’t blindly trade, and I have my favorites, but I won’t avoid anything.

I trade XAU/USD with success, but only because I can correlate its price movements with the $DXY. The primary reason most don’t trade it well is because it requires a re-thinking of your risk management. Each pip is $10 not $1, so quick movements can roll through your stops easily. Like the USDJPY pair, knowing what you are trading is very important.

1 Like

Maybe it just me, but I find that usd/chf moves counter to eur/usd … because of dxy.

CHF is almost a derivative of EUR, so those two pairs wold be highly negatively correlated. Best to be in one or t’other but not both.

most of my trades are on main pairs especially EURUSD.

While it is true that CHF (Swiss Franc) and EUR (Euro) are often considered to have a strong relationship in the forex market, it’s important to note that correlation can vary and is not always fixed.

2 Likes

Yes it depends on you risk management and what you expect from the market also your strategies.

You would trade that?! You’re braver than I am.

That currency is a mess on the charts! That’s another one I avoid at all costs!

EURUSD most manipulate pair in Forex.