Which currency pair would you never trade? Why?

Which might well be true, as its the most liquid pairing of currencies. But that just makes it harder to understand why so many advise new intra-day traders to get stuck into EUR/USD. And maybe from that why most new intra-day traders lose money.

Maybe somebody needs to think this through.

I don’t understand. What do you mean by manipulation? By who, and with how much money?

And price manipulation as opposed to what? Just a bunch of big candles with no wicks and no retracements?

They manipulate the price action that why you get the lowest spread. GBPUSD pays more than EURUSD. I analyzed this pair for years. So I know. If you a beginner trader tou don’t have a clue.

Who manipulates the price action?

Yup def very scary!

EUR and USD are the most heavily traded currencies so this will be the most active exchange rate. Every major player in the world is trying to make money on this market, they’ve got to be in this market in a major way all the time, and that’s going to make it schizophrenic, frantic, with dramatic reversals and an absence of smooth consistent price action, whether that be in trends or in ranges.

Call that manipulation if you like - in a sense it is - the big banks are trying to beat each other by 0.1 pips in 0.1 seconds on a million deals a day. But this market is not manipulated against private retail forex traders. We are tiny fleas under the feet of these elephants, They do not even see us. This is just a massive busy liquid market doing what markets do.

But just don’t try to fight the big banks.

1 Like

Except for gold, I avoid trading other commodities because I feel they carry large amount of risk for me.

I like trading XAUSUD because of its many advantages but I avoid trading other commodities like silver, platinum etc.

I mostly trade in XAUSUD pair and it’s my favorite. But I avoid trading other commodities because of high spread issue and less price predicting ability.

How do you trade this pair/who’s your broker?

I don’t trade platinum, silver and other commodities because they are unpredictable to some extent and risky for trading.

EURUSD is my favorite trading pair even though it is a slow pair. Besides this pair, I also trade in GBPJPY.