Which one do you prefer to learn?

As a beginner what do you prefer to learn?
Forex or MT4? Both together?

Well, to trade FX you need a broker platform to open and close your orders. A MT4 provides just that.

just started learning forex but WTH is MT4?

Ofcourse Forex trading. what do you want to learn from mt4? mt4 is just a platform to apply what you have learnt.

1 Like

Mt4 is a trading platform offered by a broker. We need to learn both how to trade forex and how to use mt4 platform.

1 Like

It depends on one’s preference. You can learn Forex and trade on Trading View or CTrader. In that case, there is no need to learn MT4.

3 Likes

I mean the basics of forex not trading. Sure trading and MT4 is both together.

MT4 is more than just a platform for trading. It can also be used to analyze market data and test strategies, which can help us make better decisions and improve our results. So, it’s worth learning how to use it effectively as a beginner.

I find this question a little confusing!
You have to learn Forex if you want to use MT4!
But if you think learning mt4 or mt5 or … is something time-consuming spend your time learning Forex basics and trade on your broker’s own platform and after that learn mt4 or mt5 to enjoy your trading! (I suggest you trade with MT5 since you have never worked with them just use mt5 and enjoy that / I can not switch to that and am still using my MT4 / But if you are new try MT5!)
Best Luck/

4 Likes

hello my friend
i use mt5 and i didnt try to learn that
i tried to learn forex and analyze and swap and hedge and thing like that
but after that i went to work with mt5 and really it did not need learn
i just googled mt5 learning and see some videos there
that was all i did to learn mt5 and i tell you to lean forex first

1 Like

I think when you are learning Forex, you can learn a trading platform as well.
You are watching a Youtube video the mentor is learning analysis on a chart and you learn how to work with that :slight_smile:
So do not care about that and just go and learn, also before starting your real account you had worked on demo accounts, and again it means that you will learn trading with a platform while you are learning the Forex.

First of all you need to know about Forex to be able to use MT4. If you don’t know what a car is, how can you drive it?

2 Likes

Hmm, MT4 is just a trading platform. But I think it’s important to start with the basics of forex trading before moving on to a trading platform like MT4. You should understand the fundamental concepts of forex trading. After grasping the fundamentals, ou can then move on to learning about trading platforms like MT4 and practice on the trading platform to improve your skills.

Great! I didn’t know any of these things. Would be an MT6 there?

As a beginner, it’s best to start by learning how to use the MT4 trading platform before moving on to forex trading. Once you’re comfortable with the platform, you can begin to learn about the fundamentals of forex trading, including market analysis and risk management. It’s better to take it one step at a time and build a strong foundation of knowledge before moving on to more advanced topics. Remember to be patient and enjoy the learning process!

Really? That would be excellent! thank you for sharing such valuable information. :blush:

Forex is the market and mt4 is a trading platform offered by brokers. There are two types of trading platforms including mt4 and mt5 and I prefer trading on mt4 trading platform.

MT4 is MetaTrader 4 which is the most used platform for trading forex. A lot of brokers software is directly linked into MT4. If you download MT4 (which is free) you can link it to your broker accounts so you can trade from MT4 instead of the brokers websites. You can also upload EA’s etc and simultaneously create the same trades across different broker accounts at the same time etc etc

1 Like

Mt4 trading platform is much easier to understand than mt5 trading platform.

It is better to focus on learning Forex trading principles first and understand the fundamentals of Forex trading and then learn how to use the mt4. Although some brokers may offer different trading platforms, so you might not need to learn mt4 at all!