Who is buying meme coins?

I see lots of articles and tweets about meme coins. Are they safe to buy?

Meme coins are a bit iffy, you can never be sure if they are going to get the attention they need. Some of them might end up doing well in the end like pepe, and bonk. But meme coins are considered to be the some of the most unstable coins in the most unstable market.

But the gains look so crazy, like 100% and 1000%!

Yeah - real safe to buy. It is just when you want to sell, most of them are worth nothing. The term is rug pulling. More than 90% of newly issued memes will be pulled within days or hours. There are tools to check relative safety of memes, but take them with a pinch of salt. I have been trading memes for 2 months. I’m not rich yet. :rofl:

1 Like

I think they are risky and volatile.

they are not safe at all but does it worth buying them? yes, with a small portion of your funds. right now I have almost $100 of meme coins, I hope it jumps x10 or more but even if it hits 0 I wouldn’t mind so much! you should do relatively the same, I believe.

With meme coins you can never be sure, can add a bunch of zeros to your money in a short time, or can remove a bunch from it :sweat_smile:. That is why it’s suggested to go small on a bundle of mem coins. Diversifying your meme coin investments is a good idea to manage the big risk that comes with them.

I mean all crypto is risky. All forex is risky. All trading is risky at some level.

Yea I hear that a lot. Since they don’t really do anything.

I’ve got a decent position in dogwifhat $WIF. Highly volatile but increasingly so on the upside. If you can time your exists correctly, and not get too greedy, meme coins can be lucrative.

With the caveat that all your money could instantly go to near zero if you’re engaging in low liquidity, low market cap shitcoins, which most meme coins start out as.

Honestly, I think there are no " safe to buy " coins anywhere in that market. But you can just put small amounts into buying multiple meme coins, it’s slightly less risky this way and more chance for a miracle to happen :sweat_smile:.