Who's watching XRP by Ripple?

This stuff is up 21% over the last week. It’s moved into the 2nd/3rd spot behind BTC by market cap, and volumes are keeping pace with ETH. Plus, it’s commercial XRP-based payment system just launched with 3 actual businesses. Yes, it’s being used for something people put value by people, by actual people! Imagine that!

Pretty big news I think. Let’s see how many more financial firms hop on this in the coming year. If a Western Union adopts it, can we all say, “Moon!”

1 Like

I highly doubt it.
However, it’s pretty good news non the less. I`ll make sure to HODL the little XRP I have :smiley:

I know, I just wanted to get in on pumping XRP. :slight_smile: WU has actually come out saying that using Xrapid wasn’t any cheaper than using their own in-house tech. I’m assuming that has more to do with WU’s business and not so much Xrapid. And they’re a big boy. Blockchain and something like xRapid is clearly a competitor to their way of doing things.

What do you expect them to say - “Well, yes, our competitor that is aiming to disrupt the niche is better.” ?
Anyway, them being similarly priced is not a good thing. If a new emerging tech can achieve the same pricing as a big player on the market - that’s not a good sign for the big guys.
What is even more interesting (to me) is what they do not mention - the execution speed. If the transfer is faster but priced the same as what a regular money transfer would provide - which one would you choose?

Also, xRapid being a new tech I would only expect it to grow and evolve. After all they have just started and this means that they will improve and upgrade -> companies like WU will have to do their best to stay competitive.
And this is a good thing for the regular Joe. The open market competition will drive everyone in that market niche to upgrade and evolve in order to stay competitive and keep their marketshare. We will all benefit from it. More competition = more benefits for the users/customers of said market. It’s the theory of evolution in play = evolve, adapt, overcome or you will be pushed out and die.

This here, I think if WU released the execution speed, and still weren’t positive on the use publicly, I’m sure investors and customers would begin to question the management team. Like you said, understandable for them to downplay the trial.

Honestly i prefer Stellar but because Uphold didn’‘t add it yet, i’ m holding ripple. I hope the xrp above usd 0.79. But slow trend here. Consolidation area since january.

1 Like

Haha same. Do you have other altcoins that made it to coinbase?

No, i don’t have. I need to study the charts. No time. I prefer to study fiat currencies pairs. Forex to trade. Cryptos to hold.

Hello. Some good news about Ripple that i have read at cointelegraph website: 1.- Major Swiss Stock Exchange SIX Lists XRP Exchange Traded Product
2.- Major Private Indian Bank Partners With Ripple for Cross-Border Remittances
3.- Japan: 13 Banks Invest in SBI’s Ripple-Powered Blockchain Payment App

1 Like

What are some of the coins you’re holding? (Good day today for crypto!)

How i 've explained at my previous post, i just hold xrp. No time to analyse charts. I study fiat pairs charts.

Do you trade stellar as well or hold it? which is more profitable in your opinion ?

Also do you think stellar has a chance of overruling btc this year?

ZacKing, i don’t trade or hold Stellar yet. Waiting Uphold adds it. About your second question, maybe.

1 Like

okay… interesting, thanks. I guess we need to see that happens with bitcoin, and see if it’s april 2019 surge pushes the other coins on an upward trend too, and maintains it

Si. NEM is runing. According to Cointelegraph the Nem Fundation is rebuilding. They’ve avoided the bankruptcy.

1 Like

I’ve sold my xrp. First experience holding a crypto. My profits around 30%. I did it at 0.44. There wasn’t any rally with the xrp as btc, eth or ltc.

Wow! How long were you holding? Are you looking to buy in again?

I was holding since january 1st. but i hope to buy xrp again. Pr
ofits were reduced but i find this crypto with well defined objetives.

How do you time your buys? Anything specific you look for?

This time ít was a slow position, sideway with the xrp. But i open and close positions according to my set ups.