Why does anyone in their right mind do this?

Scalping and news events.

Dont get me wrong mate but you can not receive such results for such time without luck and taking a big risk. Thats what i`ve mean.

I’m betting he won’t say anything to describe what sort of strategy he uses. He just needs people to ooh and aah at his results.

What are you smoking? High frequency of winning trades isn’t luck and neither do the winning results show high risk?

Let’s just admit you made unfair assumptions about him and be done with it. Best you avoid doing that going forward.

Try this out on a demo - set a TP the width of the spread if unsure of direction - important no SL - i.e TP is width of spread on the other side.

If reasonably sure of direction then if the OP had let any one of the last trades run the current profit would be substantial but that’s not the strategy - there is a pre-set TP.

The risk factor lies with DD - if unlucky enough not to get a wobble in price in favour.

Works well if a broker will allow it with larger amounts - simple scalping.

There’s something that doesn’t add up though. I’ve asked more than once for an outline of how he trades, no details, no lengthy trade histories, no charts, etc. Nothing informative is posted in response. I assume he doesn’t want to admit to a flakey high-risk strategy.

I don’t think I can visualize this because I’ve never tried to trade like this. Neither have I attempted to trade XAUUSD before. Will try when the markets open.

Not sure I can agree with this. I just reconstructed his trades. I reasoned he scalps on the M1 TF based on order #19528349 being just 39s long. If I were to examine the session he had for 26JAN he appears to have traded within a predictable range if you look a the M15/M5 TFs

Just looking at his orders I got the impression that there was no luck involved in his trades for the following reasons:

• Scr shots shows 24 consecutive trades in the green. over a minimum 4 trading sessions. Even in the unlikely event he’s botched the following 6 trades in a row that’d still leave him with a winrate of 80%
  • He only trades XAUUSD. Gives me reason to believe he’s focused only one that one instrument to a high degree of competence.
  • More often than not he’s traded in one direction. Exceptions being the 2 opposing trades on the 19th and the first two shorts on the 26th. Even the change in the direction occurred b/w 90m-120m after trading in the opposing direction.

Was also going to say he trades one order at a time but that’s not the case if you look at the 26th. He’s got 4 sub sessions where he had 2-3 simultaneous trades running. Took his scr shot and boxed them as shown below.

I reconstructed those boxed orders and kept track of the sub-session times for the day and bearing in mind his running P/L (both for day and overall account). You’ll find instances where his trades went against him but managed them well enough to register a positive return. It was done really well I thought. His TPs, to me atleast, looked very conservative targets based on established SR levels in the M1 TF.

Dotted lines = order start
Solid lines = order close
Buy arrows = signify M1 candle when it was executed
x icons = signify M1 candle when it was terminated

Edit: I’ve plotted and put together 5 charts. For some reason only 3 can be viewed (even when opened in a new tab. Has to be downloaded and zoomed into to see all 5 in detail.

I could be looking at it wrong obviously because I don’t scalp. But I didn’t find myself scratching my head when I plotted his trades on the charts. There appeared to be a method to the madness.

The way I see it it’s unlikely, if he trades within a defined price range in the M15 TF, that he’d exceed 1% of his account (54 pip drawdown per scr shot Edit 2: @ last traded .01 lots).

I don’t think so. That’s why I reconstructed his trades and listed my observations. In the past he’s been very transparent about being conned out of a substantial amount and focusing on one instrument. Perhaps that’s the reason he bristles when asked for strategy? Not sure but I don’t fault him for not wanting to share it.

1 Like

Well tried that out this morning on a demo - 11 trades - both directions (gold nice and choppy)

All were winners - just exited when green - longest trade was 1 hr - dd maxed at 2Xspread.

Pretty boring - bit like playing a video game and I was never into them :slight_smile:

Edit: didn’t bother with a short term chart - just used the price ticker.

2 Likes

If you do the math a decent method with a worst case scenario of 6 losses in a row can make, in a 50:1 acount, 1% per day and thats 10% in a 500:1 account. Regardless of leverage, these are great returns. The trick is getting the max loss count down. You gotta get creatively thorough, make it happen.

Wow, way to analyze the H out of that order history. Thanks for sharing that.

1 Like

Positive numbers don’t lie. Great work!

Scalping is a beginner style. Anything longer term is for more seasoned traders. If you are not consistent yet and are trying to skip beginner mode i suggest you reconsider. Scalp and master position math

Wow I’m impressed not least by your trading results but your attention to keeping track of your trading history bravo :clap:

I’m curious why you both are taking all my words so hard? 40% in less than 2 months sounds exactly like a luck and big risk. This could be only my opinion but that’s for me. And more of this he didn’t told anything other except just some numbers and 1 screenshot. Like I said it in my first post - don’t take it personal.

It’s not personal. You were just plain wrong. If you’d looked at the trade history provided to you it would’ve been very evident.

• 24 consecutive winning trades isn’t luck. That was sustained over a 4 calendar day period. There’s must be a method and a process to the win rate.
  • There’s clear evidence he’s a scalper. That should automatically indicate his RR should be within an expected 1.05-1.5 range. Where in his trade history has this position below this RR? Edit: It would have to be lower if his position sizes abnormally large.

These alone were dead giveaways.

So this is some significant period of time?

Significant enough to disprove your claims of luck. Why don’t you put up the math or charts proving your point like I did, instead of making baseless accusations?

Edit: Go for it. Do the probabilities for 25 consecutive winning trades and based on his expected win rate (as a total noob)

Edit 2: The emphasis of the 4 days was meant to highlight that it there were atleast 4 distinct interrupted sessions.

To be honest, I am generally a supporter of the idea that a trader should be confident in himself. Otherwise, the results of the work can definitely upset.

You have to really work hard and be really proactive if you want to earn profits in forex trading. There is no other way.

Me too but not too over confident also… especially with short term results.