Why does everybody hate etoro?

Seriously guys, you still using the service?

Etoro is probably the worst broker I have ever allowed to handle a trade (back when they started to grow, I have long stopped using them). They offer what may be the worldā€™s least professional platform to trade. They force you to use S/L and instead of choosing how many lots you want to trade they force you to decide how much money you want to spend and think they have reinvented the wheel.

In my opinion, anyone who is serious about trading and wants to make a living will not waste their time with etoro. True, they cater to retail traders but even a retail trader deserves better conditions then offered by etoro. I mean there is a reason why MT4 (MT5) is the standard and most widely used platform among retail and pro traders.

I use PaxForex who goes the extra mile for traders and offers extras a lot of other broker do not offer yet. I am glad I found them and am very pleased.

You could not have said it better about etoro!!! I tend to hold the same opinion coming from practice unfortunately:(
about your broker i have heard him but seems okei I suppose you trade manually mt4, myself i am not there yet (doubtful will ever be)

I also agree with you .I personally know that etro is not a broker .

in USA it is an introducing broker, and in Europe is registered as Cypriot Investment Firm to provide brokerage services.
So bottom line is a broker with a platform :wink:

FYI: i am a follower in zulutrade and true there are thousands of diff providers (some good; other not so much) the system is pretty clear cut and tells you who to follow and get profit from. Iā€™ve been on etoro as well, but have not gained as much as with zulutraders. Yes, manual trading can be more profitable, but as you said it yourself it is not for everybody.

Yes, I trade manually but they do offer EAā€™s if you like to use robots. I can only recommend that you give them a try with their $200 No Deposit Bonus.

I would also suggest that you slowly work your way to being able to trade manually as the work is worth it from my experience. Use some of your profits (I do hope you make profits following others) and start to work on our own strategy.

Thanks for the tip! I did try them though invested 100$ and got .90 cents return (over a month period).
yeah you have a point, manual trading if one knows itcan get really good roi, but in my experience, ive done quite some losses so Iā€™d better stick with the safe and sound - zulutrade traders in my case.

what can you tell me about zulutrade EDDY ? Any crashes , lags or downtimes?

nope none of the above. All my trades are executed as per the SPs that I follow. Sometimes I do bump into reading other users having problems but it turned out to be from their brokers site.

You mean broker mistakes? Are there many brokers that you can use along with zulutrade? Which one are you using?

im not really into the tech stuff, so cant tell you much except for smth like disconnected trades and stuff.
Yes there are quite a number of brokers (all top ranked big names) ā€¦Iā€™m using aaafx.

I love that line in BOLD

Ok eddy , i will look into it. Maybe iā€™ll try my luck with zulu. Going to research brokers.

Good luck to you! look for this one that offers you the best trading solutions :wink:

Thatā€™s a loaded question, Etoro does not live up to expectations and if you compare Etoro and Zulu, youā€™ll see that Zulu is getting a better press than Etoro for the simple reason they are upfront about what they do [to an extent]ā€¦

better press because people are speaking from experience!

FYI: The owners of etoro have opened a second ā€˜brokerā€™. Faro FX, different name, same crap!

Because it sucks (answering the thread question)

thanks for the info mate!!! i know what [I]not [/I]to bump into next time :wink:

First time i hear this , i wonder why they need a second broker , and it seems that it started working by the end of 2011. Have you tried it yourself?