Why does everybody hate etoro?

Anytime mate! I came across them by accident and as soon as I saw their trading platform and open book I recognized it lol. Then I saw ‘powered by Retail Fx’.

No I have not and I will not. They are the same crap as etoro is just with a new name. Makes no sense to try something old that was bad to start with.

you saw and you run as fast as Forest Gump ;))

Lol, something like that :slight_smile:

mate, how do you trade forex?

I have had no problemss with this broker and have taken money out every second week for 6 months now

I trade manually. I am a technician and in my opinion if you want to trade forex (or anything else) successfully then technical analysis is the only way. Fundamental is a waste of time.

I thought it was smth in between a combination of the three- fundamentals, sentiments and technical, correct ?
at least this is what I see with my zulutrade signals.

No, I trade based on technical analysis only. I mean there are so many strategies out there and as long as you have one you like and that works for it is great. The one I base my trading on is technical only. I ignore fundamentals completely as it is a bunch of baloney. True, when there is a market moving economic report I watch out as it will move the market ultra-short term, but other than that technical signals are all that matter to me.

true true, there are so many strategies ot there - one should follow only those suited to his personality.
So I suppose you tend to be a firm believer that number do not lie and that the MA range will always be correct? day trader on long open positions? I’ve tried myself but,eh, not very successful. i suppose fundamentals are for scalpers more or less… It doesn’t matter which way you take as far as you get to the same point :wink:

I’m just a Newbie, but my opinion on etoro, i’m very satisfied with them. It is true, they had a lag with freezing screens. It seems they solved the problem. And i’m happy with the interface and the spreads. May not the Metatrader but Newbiefriendly. Forgett about the Dailyopions, their are better Analyst, like Babypips or BNP Paribas on the Smartphone.
Tata…

Lol, no you are not correct. I almost disregard MA ranges and never make a trading decision based on them. Day Trader yes but long as well as short :).

well newbie or not, you should not that time lag in system means time lag in trade execution between your copying account and the corresponding trader, meaning [B]bad [/B]situation for you -lost of money!!
nobody is saying trade manually writing coding on MT4, but more of a change your platform to a better one.
afterall it all comes down to how much you make out of it. Ive been with etoro and the most I made out of 100 bucks was 0.56 cents, where compared to zulutrade I trippled my initial investment. you compare yourself.

Below is an abstract taken from the Etoro Terms and Conditions
"General Bonus Policy – In the interest of fair trading, traders must buy or sell at least (10) Ten mini lots in real-money mode for each unit of $10 bonus granted by eToro before submitting any withdrawal requests. Each mini lot accounts for 10,000 currency units You choose to buy or sell. For Example: If you receive a bonus of $25 your trading requirement is 25 mini lots which equal 250,000 currency units". Etoro is probably the worst broker I have ever allowed to handle a trade (back when they started to grow, I have long stopped using them). They offer what may be the world’s least professional platform to trade. They force you to use S/L and instead of choosing how many lots you want to trade they force you to decide how much money you want to spend and think they have reinvented the wheel

needless to say this is a total rip-off! where do you publish your signal now, mate?

True, it’s almost as funny as their youtube pulp fiction video spoof where travolta & jackson are talking in the car (voice over).

We were just about to announce it but since you have mentioned it - We changed our broker’s name from RetailFX Limited to eToro (Europe) Limited.
RetailFX, was and remains a subsidiary in the eToro Group and continues to operate under the trade name “eToro”.
In order to avoid confusion and formally signify our affiliation with the eToro family, we have decided to change the official name of Reatil FX to eToro (Europe).

I invite you guys to try our new and improved Webtrader version, you might be surprised

I totally agree.

So Retailfx has changed its name to eToro(Europe) Limited. And what is that Faro Fx broker which is powered by Retail Fx? I’m confused here.

hi there
i am nub to the point but still getting up with hard study and copytrader. I invested 100usd there and played around wit it loosing like one is supposed to loose in the beginning. Am now geting back to fx from poker and also took up binary options. Thru my affiliate I get nice alerts and amshowing nice profit and take the time to study the charts about the alerts. Did my first fundamental call yesterday scoring 70% profit on Barclays stock going up because of new gm named.

Back to etoro. Well ui could be faster but as i do more of intraday than one minute stuff i dont mind. Last week I did alot of analyzing and made a hefty 19usd profit andwith the helpof few copied traders got over 20usd. Last Month the biggest profit from someone i copy with minimum amount was $6.2 Its a little but so is my account. I am now well on profit after the initial learning curve losses. And atm doing a revamp to my portfolio of ppl i copy. And I think I should be nearing a doubl on my account within a month or 2.

Obv. incase I turn into daytrading moar a faster platform would be great and there are some glitches on the charts so maybe someday when I have upped my roll enough I will withdraw some and put in money to some broker with MT4or well I hear there will be MT5 so depending on that I will see how business is on those platforms. But atm I am haooy withetoro. Only thing I dont like is the feww they take for withdrawing. As in Binaryoption brokers they offer free withdraw once a month and after that a small fee. AFAIK etoro takes a fee on every withdrawls afaik.