Why does everybody hate etoro?

one thing for sure is that your platform often freeses when your clients are winning and also i consider you as oplichters that means thieves or crooks. You cannot opeb an euro account aand when you cloose your account you will receive your remaining money in Dollars.There are many more other things that are wrong with eToro and i am sure you know what i meanmAnd i also challenge you to contact me if you think if i am wrong.But for sure your site is no good foer beginners.Dont mind for loosing money.But not in this way.So you still owes me mony.

I wonder if it freezes when users are looosing as well?!..xeee

wow freezing the system when winning - How bad can it get ? They closely monitor you :-)) I have some across another blog for a person called santoshtiwari - He basically explained the issues he faced - not bad or good but will just give you an idea about what he went through

well i suppose pretty bad!!!

unfortunatelly, even though, i wanted to make quite some cash with them i did not manage, apparently their algorithm is not programmed for small accounts to win. all i did is that i lost the same ammount with etoro that i acctually was winning at the time with zulutrade…

Did a random check on etoro way back, the part about lag time and screen freezing, all true. Just read some of the reviews posted recently, you’ll get the usual “great stuff” and then read between the lines…LOL. If etoro is paying someone to post positive reviews, they should take care to bleep out any negatives from the reviews before posting it, idiots!

It’s not really everybody but they just have so many users and also a fraction of them are unsatisfied.

Well, you know there are also bunch of enthused users that think they have found the holy grail, but in reality burst their accounts in a week or two.

i am using etoro for the past year and this is what i have to say:

1. have you noticed how slack they are in their security, for example, whenever i changed my password, they will email me my password unmasked. i see that there is no purpose and i didn’t even request for lost password. moreover, unmasked password in email server is a very grievous security flaw.

2. do you all know that the guru that you are copying may be using less money than you. if i am a unscrupulous broker, i will pay the guru to lose all the money.

i have in fact highlighted the above to them but they chose to ignore, not even a single action or a decent reply to me.

however, i must say that thru their openbook, you are able to see what people are buying and selling, though it’s minimal advantage to you, but at least you know what kind of traders are lurking in there.

overall experience, 5 out of 10.

Ok, if we tend to ignore the two (major points) from above, what can you say about profitability as a follower? What was/is your ROI from following for the past year?
I am really curious to see, as mine didn’t last for more that a month…mine overall experience is 3 out of 10. There are some good futures, but what can they do to me, if I am not making money out of the platform, after-all that’s what we are all in here for.

A few years back Etoro was partnered with FxSolutions (where they sent all US customers). My first thoughts were Etoro’s demo trading software is nothing like the real trading software FxSol provided for $$$ account trading. Even with the few hiccups along the way it was a great first intro into Fx trading. Note: FxSol went out of business or at least the US branch did anyways.

Sorry but what you say is not true, they don’t “force” you to use stop loss. You can close trades whenever you like. The charts have the usual Japanese candles, with MACD, Stochastic, ADX and the rest. EToro makes it easy to trade, there are plenty of professional traders using it, and actually having the crowd wisdom can help nicely. It’ s a nice beginner platform, I’ve been on there since last Feb and am in profit overall, mistakes have been my fault not theirs.

Right now, they are down for maintenance. That flashes by before you get a page that says they have technical problems.

It’s only the fifth time this year I guess so no big deal huh

Even the simplest thing, like not showing crap like ‘down for maintenance’ is too hard a task for them.

Any other broker down now? Guess not…

Utter crap once again today. When sending an order a spinning globe with ‘sending request’ for 20 seconds and after that the order is not filled. Adjusting stoploss -> same scenario.

When asking support about via live chat you get all kind of stupid questions like providing a screenshot while that spinning globe with ‘sending request’ is the only thing they have and I have ever seen over there. On top of that you get asked again if there is an error wich I already told that there isn’t.

Yesterday transfer history was unavailable

Because i dont like the name

I think eTore often has a bad reputation because is very used by beginners and beginners lose much money.
I lost money on eToro back in 2014 because I was copying bad traders running martingales.
When you lose money a commn behaviour is to blame the broker.
You have to find a guilty whil often to find it you just need a mirror. :smiley:
eToro has improved a lot since I joined back in 2012 .
Now it is a serious investment platform.