Why the Ichimoku?

Helloooo! :blush: I’ve been reading and replying to posts and I’m just intrigued to see that there are a significant number of people sharing that they use Ichimoku. :open_mouth: I mean, this has been around for a while, but I’m curious if there’s any particular reason a lot of newbies are also interested in it now… :smiley: Is there a new strategy using ichimoku? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m also interested, and have used it before.

I was sent these links by someone I asked, a few weeks ago, if they help:

4 Likes

Any indicator that is based on moving average can bring you good profit, not on it’s own of course, but you get the point.

1 Like

Any indicator that can help us to make money in forex and can we make good money using it?

1 Like

I read a book on it, and it intrigued me. The system seems quite simple, buy above the cloud sell below the cloud (if I remember correctly). Being a beginner I think that if i adhere to the strategy ill learn discipline in trading, and what to look for as a visual indication that an opportunity to enter or exit a trade is coming.

1 Like

As you’ll begin to see, perhaps by reading some of the links above in Jane’s post, there’s really a lot of misinformation around, about Ichimoku. Including in books.

No edge there, I’m afraid - would that things were as simple as that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh. :open_mouth: Thanks for these, Jane. :blush: Interesting how these are from years ago, but it’s like people are regaining interest in Ichimoku again. :open_mouth:

1 Like

That makes sense! :thinking: There’s just a slight difference between them so I’m not sure if Ichimoku has an edge over moving averages. :open_mouth:

Hmmm. :thinking: Maybe, rather than one indicator specifically, it’s the use of this indicator as part of a whole strategy, if that makes sense. :sweat_smile: Are you already using particular strategy right now? :smiley:

Interesting! :smiley: I think it’s this specific cloud strategy that I’ve been seeing around the forums lately. :open_mouth: Are you currently using this system? How is it so far? :blush:

It’s like some of my mother’s old clothes - but she’s still waiting for those to come back into fashion again! :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe they’re finally in season! :sweat_smile:

1 Like