Why This Trader Thinks Indicators are NOT the Solution to Making Money in Forex

A calm yet welcoming presence on our forums, QuadPip enjoys greeting new members and watching the BabyPips community continue to grow. He has been with us from the very beginning of his forex trading journey in 2017, and now, he hopes to inspire newbies to pursue their passion for forex trading, and discover more about themselves along the way.

He started A Simple & Effective Method to Ride a Trend that he also learned from other people. He is very positive that this may encourage newcomers while they explore and learn.

Today, he stands by his love for continuous learning and improvement as he shares most of the things he has learned that made him the trader that he is today. This is only the beginning, and we’re certain that we’ll see more of him in the coming years.

Without further ado, we give you @QuadPip!

1. Tell us something about yourself.

What are your hobbies and interests, etc.? I’m of Asian Indian descent. As a child, I was exposed to Indian classical music and that has been a passion of mine over the years. My mother used to play the Sitar (the instrument that Ravi Shankar plays). I play two instruments and I sing semi-classical compositions. I like listening to Jazz too because it allows expression through improvisation, much like Indian classical music.

I’m an avid reader, I like watching movies and learning new things. Other interests that I have are related to health and self-healing and a perpetual quest for self-development.

2. How did you get into forex trading? What’s the story behind the name “QuadPip”?

A few years ago I came across some studies conducted by top-name universities and well regarded consulting firms like McInsey, that stated that we will see a drastic decline in jobs as technologies such as blockchain, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and robotics mature. Machines will be able to do much of what requires a human to do currently. This, combined with the fact that I’m not growing any younger, made me look at alternate sources of income generation.

I settled on forex since I don’t have to deal with setting up a business and hiring people and such and I can make my own hours. It’s also something I can do while traveling.

Study Says 800 Million Jobs Will Be Lost By 2030 To Automation YouTube

I considered the equity markets but was daunted by the high capital requirements for margin accounts and the commissions charged per trade. Also, there are literally tens of thousands of companies to choose from. Figuring out which ones to trade is a pain in the butt that I was not willing to endure. Trading commodities did not sound too appealing to me. I do want to explore trading ETFs in the future but for that, I need to grow my forex account large enough to diversify my portfolio.

I joined BabyPips some time ago. I had read about the availability of some indicators, perhaps on Reddit or some other online social forum. All I was interested in was to get those indicators, which I never did find BTW LOL, and I picked “QuadPip” out of a hat just to create an account. Sorry to disappoint you but it has no special meaning.

3. What is your trading experience, prior to trading the forex market?

I had no trading experience before this so to speak. Several decades ago I had paid for a forex futures trading course but gave it up after a month of losing every trade I got into. Those were the days when you had to call the broker to place an order. When I decided to become a spot forex trader I was starting out pretty much from scratch like any other newbie. I did not remember any of my very short experience in the futures market.

4. Do you have any preference when it comes to the currency pairs you trade?

I like trending pairs so I naturally gravitate to the CAD (when it’s trending) and the Guppy. Other than that I also trade the Yen, Aussie and, very occasionally, the Euro. I don’t like to trade the British Pound. GBP, and EUR to an extent have some very strange price moves that I find irksome. Sometimes I will trade the DKK but don’t like to trade pairs with large spreads in general. I will also look into other crosses with smaller spreads in the very near future.

5. You’ve mentioned in your story (This is My Story (QuadPip)) that you’ve been trading since 2017 but decided to take a break. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?

I really never had any strategies early on. I was too reliant on indicators and trying to figure out the perfect settings and confluence of indicators to use for entries and exits. I soon realized that indicators are not the way to go. Then, for a while, I got caught up in the London Open hoopla only to realize later, once I learned price action analysis, that the London Open or NY Open was really non-events and that PA foretold all that in advance. The same applies to News.

I settled on learning price action. I would stare at the charts at all waking moments and watch the price as it unfolded in real-time. Slowly, I began to see the patterns and things started making sense to me. By patterns I don’t mean chart patterns or candlestick patterns but rather price patterns. That is, how price moved, where was it volatile creating inefficient moves and where it made dense moves and how these movements would affect the future market. Also, what made price turn and where it turned became of interest and an area to study further.

Price leaves tons of markers on the charts that you can train yourself to see, regardless of whether you use time-based charts, tick charts or range charts. It’s almost like you’re seeing large blinking arrows labeled “sell me here” or “buy me here.”

PA will work for you whether you want to scalp, day trade or swing trade. At times these signs are so very clear and at other times not so much. Or perhaps it’s my lack of knowledge that prevents me from seeing them just yet. I never use Heikin-Ashi or Renko bars or Point & Figure charts since these do not show a pip perfect price movement, and therefore they hide all the myriad tell-tale signs that price leaves behind in its wake.

I’m constantly evolving my analysis techniques. Currently, I use supply/demand concepts along with price action. The only reason that I mention supply/demand is that when price prints a bar that is opposite to the previous bar and then it continues along the previous path, that “reversal” bar is what forms part of supply/demand. Only, supply/demand states that you need 3 or more congestion bars for it to be called a supply/demand region. I disagree with this. I think that a single reversal bar can be just as powerful in turning price, depending upon where it exists in the context of the larger PA. PA really contains supply/demand material and enhances it manyfold as well as providing a level of precision that supply/demand lacks.

I’m also not a purist, in that, while I don’t use indicators, I will sometimes use the RSI to determine where price will turn if I’m not sure which supply or demand areas will affect price. I use the predictive elements of the RSI, such as overbought or oversold and divergences. I don’t use it to signal entries or exits because those signals lag in time and I can get better entries and exits using PA every time. Having said that, you need to learn to read the RSI correctly and in the correct direction for it to provide the information that you’re looking for.

6. What made you decide to come up with your own forex trading methodology? (A Simple & Effective Method to Ride a Trend)

This is not a methodology that I can call my own, per se. I’ve used knowledge about price action, that I’ve learned from other people, to come up with a simple way to trade a trend.

I was hoping that it would enable newcomers to get some early quick wins so that they might get interested in learning more about price action based trading and to explore the more precise trading methods that price action enables.

Many of my entries have a 5 pip or less drawdown and I’ve posted some of them in the forum. I don’t do this to show off. In fact, I don’t consider myself to be an excellent trader at all. I’m still developing my skills and I’m a long way from declaring myself to be a superb trader - “miles to go before I sleep” :).

I post these entries to get people to want to be able to make these sorts of entries for themselves. Watching someone do this on a YouTube video is what got me interested in learning price action. I’m hoping that my posts will inspire some newbies to experience the wonders of PA based trading.

Price action allows you to analyze exactly, to the pip, where price will turn. I allow 3 pips for variance and 2 pips for the spread if I’m trading the majors and that’s how I manage to get these precise entries many times. This allows me to keep my risk down and to trade a larger lot size. It also allows me to move my SL to BE much quicker, thereby protecting my account balance with a lower probability of getting stopped out of a profitable trade.

7. How has trading changed your life and what have you learned about being a forex trader?

I believe that everyone should learn how to trade, whether or not one intends to develop trading as a profession.

Trading teaches you a lot about yourself, it teaches you patience and most importantly, it teaches you to think in terms of probabilities. It also provides you with insights and skills that you can use in any endeavor that you decide to pursue in life. I see it as essential training for self-development.

Your psychological makeup is an important aspect to developing your trading success. Trading forces you to introspect and keeps you honest. If you lie to yourself you will get nowhere, therefore, you are forced to accept your failings and to attempt to improve or at least ameliorate your detrimental habits.

You can only blame the market, or whatever else you decide to apportion blame to, so many times before you realize that you and you alone are responsible for your trading success or failure. The more you conduct these introspective exercises the more you learn about yourself and, over time, you begin to change yourself for the better. This self-development helps you in all walks of life.

8. Have you ever thought of investing in cryptocurrencies? Why or why not?

The underpinning of cryptocurrencies is the broader concept of distributed public ledgers. I’m in the IT software industry and I used to be a software developer. As such, distributed ledger technologies (DLT) are of interest to me from a technology standpoint.

However, I see Bitcoin as a socio-economic experiment, or at the very least as a trial balloon, and for this reason, I’m a huge fan of Satoshi Nakamoto and his Bitcoin. It makes people think about what money really is and to understand money at a fundamental level. Most of the world’s currencies are not pegged to gold or other precious metals as they used to be. They are fiat currencies, which means that they are decreed to be the national currency by law.

Having unpegged currencies from an underlying limited asset, the central banks get free reign to print any amount of their currency as they deem fit and release it into the economy. This causes inflation which is really a hidden tax that we all pay. The Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944 unpegged the U.S. Dollar from gold and inflation has been rising at an alarming rate ever since. In 2006 the Federal Reserve decided not to publish M3 anymore.

See: Goodbye M3 - What is the Government hiding?

As traders, I would highly recommend that you read the book, “The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve” by G. Edward Griffin, a great thinker and author. You can also find many of his talks on YouTube. This book will shake the foundations of the fundamentalists.

Sadly, I don’t think that Bitcoin will be allowed to flourish. It represents too much of a threat to the hegemony of banks which, if Bitcoin (or another crypto) is adopted as a mainstream currency, directly threatens their role as intermediaries in the financial system.

Banks have been buying up BTC for some time now and, IMO, the creation of a futures market for Bitcoin is a harbinger to its eventual ruin. For this reason, among others, I do not trade Bitcoin. Having said that, I believe that Bitcoin has spurred an interest in people to develop distributed ledger technologies that address some of the shortcomings of the current DLT-based cryptos, namely, scaling or low TPS (Transactions Per Second), security, ease of use, and 100% Async Bayesian Fault Tolerance.

See https://hashgraph.org.

As it stands today, the banks pretty much do as they please and even when they are caught red-handed perpetrating a crime, nobody ever goes to jail for it. They will, of course, bring forth a fall guy to take the blame; the lone gunman syndrome. There is no accountability (Iceland is the only exception). By creating a robust DL technology we can let computers enforce the rules so that we are never subjected to blasphemous criminal acts from financially irresponsible actors. An example would be the Libor Scandal. This could never occur in a DLT regulated world.

Libor Scandal: Libor scandal: the bankers who fixed the world’s most important number | Liam Vaughan and Gavin Finch | Business | The Guardian

IMO, money (and religion) are the bane of humanity. My hope is that perhaps someday soon, we can eliminate at least the need for a monetary-based economy altogether. In the words of a wise forum member, @anon46773462, “Money is not a motivator nor a meaning of life. But a lack of it is certainly an inhibitor.” Eliminating the need for money altogether from our world will mean the end of our trading careers for sure but it will free humanity from strife and its current hamster wheel situation; free to create and be creative, as we were meant to be. There are forward-thinking and visionary people working toward this end. Please feel free to contribute to this effort if you are able to do so.

The Venus Project: https://www.thevenusproject.com YouTube

9. Which among the BabyPips forum threads (that are not your own) do you find the most interesting? Why is this so?

There is no single thread in particular that I find more interesting than another. What I do find interesting is how forum members interact and react on the forums. I also like reading the introductions of new BP members. It brings nostalgic memories of when I started my journey in a state of total confusion. I would like to give each one a big hug and to point them in the right direction, except that there is no one path that fits all. One of my hobbies is people watching and online forums are a sort of people watching too.

10. What advice would you give to a newbie who wants to make a living out of forex trading?

I strongly suggest learning price action analysis. I cannot stress this enough. No matter what other methodologies you decide to use, you can always use price action to improve your trading.

Also, price action analysis does not change with changing market conditions. You can also use it to trade other markets besides forex. Price Action is king. Hunker down and inhale it until it becomes second nature to you. If you do, your chances of success will be greatly improved.

You don’t need the plethora of indicators or to bother with news or any of the fundamental stuff. Price succinctly and unpretentiously tells the whole story. Learn to read it and you will reap the benefits. I would also caution you against being overly vested in any one methodology, including price action analysis.

If you believe that you are in possession of the holy grail methodology then you will stop looking for something better and you will miss the opportunity to find that something better if it exists out there. Keep an open mind and learn every methodology out there. Then use it and see what works best for you.

Continuous learning and continuous improvement should be your mantra. Becoming a cracker-jack trader is a journey, not a destination. You need dogged determination and a willingness to endure the long haul. Use what works and throw away the rest. Trading is really simple if you think about it. In a non-stagnant market, price either goes up or down. Your job is to ride on its coattails. Don’t overcomplicate this. You can do it!

72 Likes

completely agree with the price action. You can use it in EVERY market like you stated, and it’s a skill that everyone should learn if you’re trying to become a serious investor

2 Likes

Thanks for posting @QuadPip! Great read! PA is at the nub. I’m on board with S/D / S/R but I still have a challenge reading price action consistently and confidently.

KC

1 Like

@frandlost I hear you. It does take a significant amount of time to become proficient at it. By my estimate I’m only about 30% there.

What helped me to get this far was the abandonment of conventional thinking related to what makes price move. I think it is safe to say that most of us agree that the markets are manipulated. If we accept that thesis then the key to the kingdom of consistent profits lies in locating the points of manipulation. In order to do that I made certain postulations, based on reasoning and observation, about what makes price move. What I came up with is the following:

1. Price continuously seeks liquidity so that banks may profit from traders on the wrong side of the market.
  2. Price movements are designed to encourage novice traders to enter the market in the wrong direction and subsequently to trap them for maximum gain for the banks.
  3. Price movements are designed to also shake off the traders who are on the right side of the market.
  4. Computer algorithms move price. Price does not move due to buy and sell activities of market participants.
  5. Price leaves markers along the way to aid partner banks and “friends” trade the markets profitably.

With these in mind I began to attempt to predict price movements by playing the market maker. When I’m wrong I study the price movements to figure out why I was wrong and if I can improve my results the next time around for a similar price pattern. I always look left when a significant price event occurs, to spot the markers. I note my observations and constantly seek to verify them in future price movements as they unfold. It is tedious work and requires meticulousness and eye burning screen time but also exhilarating when you reach a level of proficiency that allows you to trade profitably.

One exercise I found particularly useful to find turning points is to remain in the market constantly. On a demo account pull up a 5M chart and enter the market. Thereafter you may only reverse your position as often as you like without exiting the market. After an hour or whenever you decide to exit you should be in profit equaling at least the total pips in the range (high to low) that you traded. Then try and exceed the range to bag the maximum number of pips.

10 Likes

Since the vast majority of novice traders’ positions never reach the banks’ interbank market because they are counterpartied by their own brokers, can you please explain how the banks would benefit from your claim?

The brokers cannot move the market. But if the banks move the price, as you claim here, it is only the brokers who win when stops are hit. Why would the banks do this? And why would they even be interested in the fistful of dollars that the average novice trader is risking!

The interbank market and the broker/retail trader market are totally different animals…

The ever observant @anon46773462 :blush: These postulations were made to theorize what makes price move. By “banks” I meant banks and their retail partners, without whom they might not have a market to present to retailers. And the fistful of money adds up to quite a bit. It facilitates a market for banks to trade in too.

Also my understanding is that brokers have an A book and a B book of clients. They take the opposing trades for their B book clients but not the A book clients who are mostly profitable traders. A book orders are passed through.

The above not withstanding, my observations on price action support my postulations. If you observe PA closely you will likely see these manipulations too. I suppose banks do this to keep their brokers happy too while their own trading desks take advantage of inside knowledge of PA to profit from the market.

Perhaps the underlying reasons for price movements being as they are and as I understand it, are incorrect, however the postulations have enabled me to grasp PA better and I continue to improve my analysis capabilities and my trading precision.

1 Like

You accused me (incorrectly) of sarcasm - now it seems you employ it yourself!

I think it would benefit you to go and work in a bank for a while - you might get a better perspective on this.

One one little transaction in the interbank market might be 10-100mill - and the market moves not a cent, then it might put your A and B book stuff into a different light…

I was not being sarcastic at all. I meant it in all sincerity. Sorry if I came across as sarcastic. That was not my intention.

Exactly my point! What then moves the markets second by second? I believe that the algorithms do that. Maybe I’m wrong and maybe you’re right. It does not matter. What I was trying to say is that by changing your perspective from one different than that conventionally accepted, it may facilitate your understanding of PA. It has mine.

I can show you things in PA that will have you scratching your head. I can predict price turns with a consistency and accuracy that is astounding and that shatters the myth that markets are random. If price moved as a result of buy and sell activities then how is it that I’m able to do that? Tell me that!

1 Like

Yeah right and another flying pig passes us by.

Markets are not random and they are not driven by your theories of manipulation and conspiracy in the boardrooms of the banks.

You have been playing around in forex for 2 years and now you know all the inside schemings of the big corporations, institutions and financial markets! I guess I should be impressed!

Well done. There are surely few who have achieved that in 2 years of retail trading.

Enough said. Let those who read believe what they like.

1 Like

@anon46773462 why the animosity? People disagree all the time. There is no need to get so upset about it. It’s not like I’m accusing you of any misdoings. We can have a civil and reasoned discussion, can’t we?

You do believe that the LIBOR was tampered with, don’t you? The incident was reported in the mainstream media so, unless you think that the media was complicit in my conspiratorial musings, this incident actually occurred wherein a number of banks colluded to report fudged numbers which were then used to calculate the LIBOR rates. LIBOR is a fairly important number. See the link below if you are not familiar with it.

The financial services industry exists primarily on the basis of “trust”. Trust is a bank’s most important currency. And here they are, violating the very pillar of their existence. So, if they could rig the LIBOR then is it such a stretch of the imagination that they might be manipulating the currency spot markets too? I think not.

Here are links for some mainstream media articles that refer to market manipulation. Note that if the MSM is printing this stuff about powerful entities it only means that it is the tip of a large iceberg. In addition to this, we all know that they employ talking heads on the financial news to lead traders/investors astray.

I merely used publicly available information to cognitively restructure my understanding of the markets so that I may look at them with fresh eyes, and having posed the postulations listed above sought to verify them through observation. I was amply rewarded in this pursuit.

I understand that this information probably shakes the foundation of your world view and so it must be very difficult for you to accept it as truth, but here it is, staring you in the face. You can choose to stoically hang on to your beliefs or you can accept that ethical behavior from financial institutions should not be taken as a given. Having had the rug pulled from under me many times, I know that it is not a fun experience. Uncovering this information does not require years of trading experience. In fact it has nothing to do with one being a trader. This is information available to all.

I read a book many years ago (can’t remember the name) in which the author describes ethical breaches in the Japanese Sumo Wrestling Association (JSA). This is an organization that has, until recent times, been an exemplary institution in terms of high moral standards and pristine ethical behavior among their ranks. The author, in giving this example, stated that if the stakes are high enough any organization will attempt similar ethical breaches. For banks, the stakes are very high indeed.

4 Likes

Of course, everyone knows that these types of events occur within the real market, within the world of real currency. That is not the issue here. The issue is your claim that you, with your staring intently at your hourly and 5 min charts can apparently spot these events and benefit from them:

So you apparently could have spotted the LIBOR manipulation in 5 mins or any of these other events that from time to time hit the headlines precisely because they were NOT spotted at the time they began by anyone else with your eye - and not for a long time after they had been occuring.

You have developed your skill for joining the dots and making sensible trading decisions based on probability analysis and sound risk/reward. Well done, that is what is being taught and talked about on this site for years (and with little actual success).

But if, as a result, you think you have invented the Harry Potter magic wand of revealing manipulation and conspiracy in global currency markets on your 5 min charts then you know even less about the differences between the interbank currency market and the broker/retail trader with their typical 10-100 lot equities, than you have already revealed.

Why can’t you Newbies just stick to the facts of what you are trying to learn instead of always elevating yourselves to the heights of financial intellect after a few little successes.

Arrogance and sarcasm are destructive enough in a Newbie, but self-delusion will knock even the most consistent veteran off their perch.

But, like I said, that is enough. You are not going to take off your new set of emperors clothes because of anything I say. And the desperate Newbies that will grasp at any straw offered no matter how transparent in its presentation, will continue to feed your new-found ego. So go for it (and if it fails then with these skills of spotting the manipulators you might also get a very good and well-rewarded career as a central bank advisor or in the major regulatory bodies).

Interesting thread @QuadPip :sunglasses: and not a little controversial ! Something in there to “upset everyone” in a way. :rofl:

I read the summary and a few of the comments around the book “Jekyll Island” and whilst some of it is in line with the book I frequently recommend

There are differences, particularly in the “Conspiracy” elements it would seem, though whether that is important or not from our points of view as observers, I don’t know.

One of the reviewers refers to “Fractional Reserves” which I understood to have been abolished long - since. Can you tell us whether “Fractional Reserves” are discussed as current within the book please - as the current discussions around “Money” relate to “Modern Monetary Theory”, which could not work in such a system - I don’t think and you might want to take a look at MMT if the book stops there.

I also disagree that inflation is some sort of “devil” provided it is kept to modest levels, since without inflation, the effects of “Interest” charges will eventually kill all trade transations, which after all is the whole POINT of “money” - and there would be no point whatever in buying your own home for example, since it’s resale value would never increase. Thus the operation of Inflation, over time reduces the monthly mortgage payments making home ownership a worthwhile exercise rather than an exercise in stupidity.

Then if nobody wanted to buy houses, what would be the point in building them ? Why have “Bricklayers”, Plumbers, conveyancers, Estate Agents ?

I suppose that then brings us to the “Moneyless Global Society” mentioned in the “Venus Project”. I have not watched (as yet) the whole vid but have stepped through it and don’t see what replacement for money is proposed. One has to think the emphasis on “Computers” implies a liesurely existance with “machines” doing all the work and ruled over by some benevolent “Team of experts” - a sort of “Updated Marxism” ?

“Postmodernism” taken to it’s (very over-optimistic in my opinion) conclusion perhaps ?

Personally, the very concept of a “cashless society” - frightens the hell out of me in so many ways ! :worried: [edit - a “Moneyless” one - seems to me to reduce us to the status of a society without any point - like the Eloi in HG Wels “Time machine” simply breeding and waiting for death - when the Morlocks come out of the ground and take them away to be eaten ! - Jeez - No Thanks ! ]

[edit 2 - That then brings us to an important - nay VITAL question - since this “Global Society” advocated is exactly that (Global) - what is to become of those of us who simply don’t want to participate in this Utopia ? - Those of us who WANT a more traditional lifestyle - Are we to be FORCED to comply ? under what penalty ?]

I have to say I quite like the PA / SR approach to charts, although with the application of Volume and perhaps a Moving average and a Bollinger Band as assistance with the timings and psychology of the market ? However I have often thought that a young “Gamer” may be far more able to attune themselves to short term trading rather better perhaps than us “Oldies” - I’d certainly be interested to see “research” on such a trial !

Anyway as I said - Interesting thread - thought provoking - thanks for that :sunglasses:

@anon46773462 Wow! Such vitriol! So much anger!

I have no grand illusions about my capabilities as a trader. I have always stated that I am a developing trader. Having learned price action basics from other people I have studied it and I am developing it independently since I do not have a mentor to reach out to. I have no arrogance or delusions about what I can or cannot do. In fact I’m a strong believer in shedding arrogance in favor of opening up one’s mind to new thoughts and learnings. The moment one thinks he knows it all that is the moment that he stops learning.

Manxx I never said I could spot LIBOR manipulation on the charts. You are distorting everything I say. Since you are incapable of having a civil and reasonable discussion and, for some unknown reason, you’re intent on disparaging me, I shall refrain from responding to you any further. Just because there are things beyond your comprehension, it does not mean that those things are impossible. If I had mentioned the quantum physics concept of non-locality, before you had heard or read about it, would you have believed me? Ponder that for a moment. What I’m telling you about my PA capabilities is not unusual. Many others can do it and do it much better than I can.

Believe what you will and be happy (no sarcasm intended). I wish you well.

3 Likes

Hi @Falstaff. I’m glad you liked the thread, although I now wish I had declined to be featured. :smile:

Fractional reserves is very much alive and kicking. It is the basis on which banks “create” money to loan out to you when you purchase a mortgage or an auto loan, etc.

Regarding inflation, you are likely conflating inflation with appreciation. Inflation refers to the devaluation of a currency and not the appreciation of an asset. Whether or not real estate appreciates you will pay more for it as the currency devalues further. This is an ongoing phenomena caused by the increased money supply in the system which occurs due to the fractional banking system. There are some very nice explanations of money and the fractional banking system on YouTube if you’re interested in learning more about the subject.

The Venus Project has many videos and can even be found on Netflix. I shall let you explore that in depth if you choose to do so. The reason that this concept scares you is because you (and all of us) don’t know anything else but existing in a monetary based economy. But, let me ask you this: Were we given a choice to participate in it or not? And to top it off, we get taxed and we toil for less and less money as the currency devalues continuously. How many people love their jobs? Why are people clamoring to forums like BP and others to learn how trade so that they can exit the rat race? The Venus Project provides a solution.

I do have some qualifications in economics and certainly knew about fractional reserve ratios - the reciprocal of which is what we used to call the “Multiplier” which determined how much a bank could lend. Perhaps there are still countries which operate that system.

As to the difference between asset appreciation and inflation and their relationship to each other, I think you may find it rather closer than you appreciate.

However I’ll not press either of those points unless you want to.

As to my choice not to participate in the “Utopia” of the vision of Venus your post refers to.

NO Thanks ! I’m not joining in !

Those of us who don’t WANT To - will just “Do our own thing” - unless your “Happiness Police” slap us all in chains and physically force us to participate in this life of idleness and luxury !

If they choose to do that - I think you may find rather more persistent “resistance” than you expect !

(A bit like “Brexit” - in a way - as I see it ! )

Sorry mate - the old style Marxism was responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths in the 20th Century. I see no reason why a new version should have any different results.

Whoa! Easy cowboy! I’m getting a little tired of being berated for no reason. I wonder if tonight will be a full moon night. Geez!

There is no happiness police. No one is forcing you to do anything. And to equate the Venus Project with Marxism without knowing enough about the Venus Project is just plain ignorance.

As far as the rest of the topics in discussion, you claim superior knowledge so I won’t waste your time with my ramblings.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, fantastic read, from Newbie!

3 Likes

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing, QuadPip!

2 Likes

I enjoyed your post, so much so that I will be exploring price action a lot further than I have in the past.
I think that the concept of price action you mentioned is more than likely the missing link in my poor effort in trading, continual losses, indicators and a lot of not so deep understanding that I am lacking.
Any help pointing me in the direction of meaningful price action information or help will be greatly appreciated. I have looked at various sites on the web, but have yet to find something of value.
Thanks again, great article.

1 Like