Why we need more (good) female traders

women can do a lot than they are meant to do by the society. i myself have been in trading for long and it has become an integral part of my life.

Thank you for dropping by on this thread

Could you tell us more about you? What got you interested in trading?

To make a fair comparison you should also add a poll of ā€œHow many succesful MALE traders do you know (or know of)?ā€. I am sure that many people on Babypips donā€™t know any make traders either!

Go ahead and start that threadā€¦ I am afraid you will find that people know many more male traders (by hearsay or the news) than femaleā€¦

Someone could start a thread on ethnic minority traders, though, as the majority of male (or female) traders are white/Caucasian.

Just saying :slight_smile:

Go ahead and start that threadā€¦ I am afraid you will find that people know many more male traders (by hearsay or the news) than femaleā€¦

Someone could start a thread on ethnic minority traders, though, as the majority of male (or female) traders are white/Caucasian.

Just saying :slight_smile:

There are lots of female traders online and yet we need some more of them, so that the male one donā€™t get too much confident and could focus on their trades.

I agreeā€¦ At the end of the day, this thread was an open invitation to hear the voice of the (mostly hidden) female traders on hereā€¦ But very few have respondedā€¦ I can count about fiveā€¦ Is it because they do not want the wrong kind of attention? I am not sure but forums are dominated by male users and it would be a better balance if we heard from other voices too.

The Gender Challenge - Weiss Education

ā€œAn educated trader is not a gamblerā€

The Stock Whisperer, Stephanie Kammerman

https://www.thestockwhisperer.com/Home

I am a female trader, and I still agree that there need to be more female traders around.

Thanks for dropping by, chongjasmine!

How did you get involved in trading?

Itā€™s always good for there to be more and different people in any given occupation. More and different people means there will be more opinions and ideas and better discourse. It benefits everyone, I think.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/F772091A-BC9B-11E6-A769-B25EA543F2E9&ved=0ahUKEwj66Mqr8bbRAhVD0hoKHZ6MAfcQFghbMBE&usg=AFQjCNGdQ91xCoVUpm53PzoGRx-bY721PQ&sig2=_5qRaUedSD87uwe32TBPqg

There are already many good female traders, and we need them so that the men to pile them up in Competition and could earn by getting impressed by them.

Hi, if you mean that there should be fairer competition then I agreeā€¦

Women in trading are at a cultural disadvantage, thus given two

candidates of equal worth but opposite gender, the male one will often

be preferred: this is not an equal, fair competition, because the rules

disadvantage one candidate from the start.

Women and minorities talk about working in white male hedge funds - Business Insider

Thank for your sharing . :35:

You are welcomeā€¦ Feel free to add your own articles

Yeah, thatā€™s quite a nice article you have shared it here. Keep sharing it.

Iā€™ve tried to get my wife into trading but she isnā€™t interested at all! :slight_smile: I guess itā€™s just a personal preference.

It does still seem to attract far more men than women.

I suspect, though, that that will gradually change, at least to some extent, as thereā€™s more and more ā€œcareer equalityā€, and that the fact that itā€™s becoming easier all the time to do from home and part-time will see more of us continuing to enter the markets as ā€œretailā€/ā€œindependentā€ traders.