Why we need more (good) female traders

Apparently, just more female traders would suffice as they are already inherently more efficient than men.

The fact there currently are much less females than males involved in trading and investing doesn’t necessarily disprove that females are (or could be) much better at it than males.

Oops - wrong thread !

I am sure my “stage” has a great influence on the performance of women as traders.

Nor in any other field of course - perhaps you’d like to comment on this thread ?

Lol, I ended up replying here by mistake, as well :slight_smile:

Must be some bug that connected one thread to the other…

1 Like

.@KierseyClemons to star in and produce film on #LaurenSimmons, the youngest woman trader on the floor of the #NewYorkStockExchange https://t.co/MAZNzDvgVT pic.twitter.com/alt9SxjSJv

— Shadow And Act (@shadowandact) November 13, 2018
1 Like

https://news.stanford.edu/2019/08/12/race-influences-professional-investors-judgments/

3 Likes

Thanks for the interesting article @PipMeHappy! :open_mouth: Still so frustrating to see how people could let go of great investment opportunities just because of their prejudice against funds led by people of color. :confused:

2 Likes

@Penelopip @Ananais

1 Like

It always tickles me how the actual findings seem to be manipulated by those with a political gender biased intent !

eg

The FT says ;

"A paper by the University of Leicester suggests that female traders outperform males on average, …"

Whereas the cited “paper” actually finds ;

"female traders outperform male traders more frequently. However, when male traders makehigher profits than females, they outperform female traders by a large amount. This is whythe average profit of male traders is greater than that of female traders…"

:rofl::rofl:

NOTE “Outperform” does NOT neccessarily imply that they actually make a profit :wink:

[EDIT - This is exactly the result one would expect from the findings of Evolutionary Psychology ! - Where the female would be responsible for child-rearing and animal husbandry (Minimise loss) - whereas the male would be responsible for hunting (Maximise additional food capture) :smile: - Thus acting as a team or “family unit” - the skills and psychologies of both sexes would optimise the net benefit to the “team” ]

In May 2018 I posted again about Rachel Fox ( Why we need more (good) female traders ); here is a video of her Ted Talk:

1 Like

1 Like

I think women are good to use existing tools but lack intellectual abilties to make theoretical breakthroughs. It should be left for men.

1 Like

@ria_rose Good article, reviewing a number of studies and reviews-of-studies.

1 Like

Read this great testimonial of a female trader from Singapore, wanted to share on this thread.

2 Likes

@Ele_Wood1 Interesting! Thank you. I am not sure about OspreyFX broker but it is good to have a site like this around.

Yeah. :slight_smile: I just found myself reading more on this, and I guess it’s time we recognize that intellectual abilities are not determined by the gender of an individual. :smile:

2 Likes