Will you guys be trading during this week and the week after the US elections?

GBP/JPY has been pretty volatile over this time too.

1 Like

Yes, all 4 current trades were opened Monday and Tuesday.

Thatā€™s an interesting point. So, Iā€™m actually trading, but super small positions. Itā€™s more about trading than about profit. I see the NZD/USD is ranging on the M15.

Also, Iā€™m trying to straddle some major pairs with super wide stops. But only 0.01 lots. 10% is 10% regarless of lot size.

I also wanted to keep lot sizes small in case price gaps and misses my SL.

Hi, it is time to summarize the recent events, my theory has been confirmed, the strategies have worked well :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Hope you went long! Lost bigly on my short NZD trade :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been long since hit support two bounces ago. I closed it thinking itā€™ll never hit the top of that channel, and I wasnā€™t sure what volatitity would be like during the election.

Not long after price hit what would have been my TP.

I shouldnā€™t have closed. Jeezā€¦

But, I opened up a much smaller long position and caught some pips.

@ponponwei Why did you go short? Were you hoping to short it until the support zone?

I shorted at what I thought was the resistance lol. Now is prob a good time to short no? What you think? :open_mouth:

1 Like

@ponponwei It could be. But, because of the decline of the dollar, I think it would be wise to wait for a bounce.

You could go long, but you donā€™t know which way it will go. Will it break through resistance or bounce? We shall see!

However, GBP/USD is possibly bouncing. On the H4 thererā€™s some consolidation. That looks like a good time for using a straddle trade for a swing trade entry.

Same for AUD/USD.

What do you think?

The news about the covid vaccine was a real shot in the arm.

1 Like

Welp, that (NZD/JPY) shot up some more. Good thing I didnā€™t do anything hahaha.

Yup looks like you may be right about both. Did you get in? :open_mouth:

@ponponwei
I just opened a short NDZ/USD position. I donā€™t know if itā€™s retracing or reversing. But, I placed my OCO in case of a breakout.

Exciting! Iā€™ll be on the lookout and short too when I see more downward movement.

1 Like

Market was a little whacky but I did not stop and have been trading. Since elections, I had some trades on Dow jones and NZD/USD.

I am making a pause in trading. Although volatility is nice, but, unfortunately, there is so much news going on with elections and vaccine, that I feel somehow lost in which direction to trade

1 Like

That is very usual, a lot of traders get lost. But there are lot of opportunities out there to grab. Go and check this post by @topdog20
I am sure you will find your way.

Yeah that was a very good thread! :+1:

1 Like

Indeed, it is! :slight_smile:

I stayed out and il finishing up on the 12th supposedly pro traders and hedge fund people start taking holidays from then on

I am not going to trade until the election results are out. Frankly speaking, I am quite afraid.

Of what? :open_mouth: