Will you still be trading this Christmas? :)

Hi guys. :blush: Since Christmas is fast approaching, I was just wondering if you guys will still trade on Christmas day. :slight_smile: It’s actually my first Christmas demo trading so I’m not really sure about the usual moves during this time. :sweat_smile: I’m assuming a lot of people will be on vacation so will that greatly affect the market etc.? :smiley:

(My mind’s kinda in holiday mode so please bare with me. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. Thank you!!)

3 Likes

Knowing me, I’ll probably be on the charts earllyyy that morning, maybe around London open,just to see if there are any potential setups

3 Likes

I’ve traded on XMAS last year and took some light trades. People will be trading.

3 Likes

yea, if you’re a serious trader, you won’t care too much about holidays lol trade on!

3 Likes

I`ll be on vacation but will still check the movements on the phone.

1 Like

I too will be taking some time to visit the relatives and have a family vacation.

1 Like

I try not to trade during the holidays, the market is too slow for my taste.

2 Likes

these views must be guesses, i suppose - and are rather a long way off the mark

the more serious a trader one is, the less inclined one would be to trade over the Christmas holidays

there’s virtually no volume at all

there’ll be very, very little trading being transacted, and what there is will be for commercial currency-exchanging purposes only, rather than the conventional speculative trading (the “other 90%”) that drives markets - and almost none at all in any real size

as far as counterparty forex brokers are concerned, some close for a day or two, and many have significantly wider spreads than at other times of the year for several days

it’s typically a time for traders successful over the long term to keep away

from memory, i don’t think there have been more than one or possibly two years out of the last 30+ years that have been an exception to that

this is the perspective of anyone with any real experience

4 Likes

to each is own

Lol there’s no volume at all - The market still moves regardless (I had 3 profitable trades last xmas).

My system doesn’t require a large volatile market to still catch my profits.

Yes the majority will probably be off but then again why am I worried about the majority if I’m still able to be profitable.

“This is the perspective of anyone with any real experience” - So I’m guessing that’s suppose to invalidate my “real” experience correct?

Again to each it’s own. I’ve been successful in my own ways so I’ll continue that approach. Thanks!

1 Like

thank you lol it’s not even about anyone else, like come on…focus on your own trading

This is my first year and it will be interesting to see how market behaves during Christmas. I don’t think there would be enough movement for goods trades.

1 Like

My first Xmas as a trader too. Will trade on that day…
I want to have a story to tell :sunglasses:
Let me see for myself if the movement would be worst than Sydney session’s. :joy:

2 Likes

my broker will be closed so will take time off and enjoy the day!

which broker that opens on holiday?

Same here. I’ll watch the markets. But I’ll be focused on the family, eating, drinking, chilling and gaming! The markets aren’t going anywhere.

2 Likes

I’ll be trading crypto. Crypto markets never close! :rocket: :full_moon:

1 Like

I don’t know really. But yes, as a scalper I always try to give emphasize on smaller price fluctuations. And for this reason, I am trying to over view the market at first.

1 Like

Thank you. To each their own, if anyone wants to trade during the holidays and can do so successfully, more power to them. I’m not one of those people, so I avoid it.

Glad ur happy on the holidays, many friends are in poor health trying to keep their spirits up.
Personally, I don’t live trade in Dec- 2 weeks in Jan. Slow unpredictable market. Dec. Worst trading mth of year, yet w demo you can still learn even refine ur trading skills.
Believe market is closed Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas to ya, :+1:

1 Like