Win ratio

My Entry orders for this morning:

BUY 1.6786, SL(30) 1.6756, TP(20) 1.6806

SELL 1.6677, SL(30) 1.6707, TP(20) 1.6657

An interesting triangle has formed.

Good luck this morning, guys.

Clint

That moved nicely when it got around are numbers.Went thru the double zero,s like a knife thru butter.:stuck_out_tongue: I personally went in a little early at .6870 and got out for 22 pips 4 out of 5 71 pips. (demo)

Good night guys!

ah, so much for my experimenting

Hi Clint,
When I post my chart here then the highest/lowest line are the one that I use to enter. So, yes, I enter early and sometimes by 30 minutes even sooner.
Usually by 10 EDT (0600GMT) the highest high and lowest Low candle, including wick, (M30) is done and that’s when I draw my lines. I place my order right then, and I am done with it.
To be correct this is even sooner then Trevpick had it posted originally but it seems to work so far. :slight_smile:
So I can get my (beauty-sleep) :smiley:
Your SL is to tight for me. I checked one time and found the drawdown can be almost to SL50 before going back up again. Then Trevpick posted the next day just the same observation, he was looking on his charts and found 2 exception where even the SL50 where a loss otherwise all entry’s where winners.
I almost use the system in it’s purest form when Trevpick posted it and so far it is working, except, everybody, never forget the week, 3 weeks ago, when we had a real lousy “ranging” week. Just a reminder to all that the system may not always work. :eek:

Forgot to add.
Then of course is the moment Clint’s charting is extremely usefully.

Well first night with the system and it’s a success, I set a TP profit of 12 and a SL 24 and it was triggered at a buy at 1.67860 and it sold for 12.1 pips later at 1.67981 it lasted 20 minutes.

Not bad, lets see how the rest of the week goes.

well done on your first win

Thanks, I hope it keeps going well, I don’t mind earning a small number of pips while I sleep :slight_smile:

Hi everybody,

Allow me to introduce myself, I am new to forex currently demo trading with Oanda, I have watched this thread with interest for some time and have started using it as part of my trading strategy. I particularly like Clint’s charts and analysis every day and everyone’s constructive input, I find it most enlightening and I thank you all.

Speaking of Oanda, I just signed up today, still have to email my documentation. Yep I’m finally going live! Now I have to stop experimenting so much and stick to the strategy, I should have followed Clint’s advice from last night but that was still my demo acct. It will be interesting to see what the psycological impact of real $ will have.

meanwhile if anyone want’s to take a look at one of my ‘other’ hobbies… is there life outside of forex? lol so here’s a link to some of my artistic output.

Flickr: geek_primeus’ Photostream

A re-cap of this morning’s breakout, and a first look at tonight’s set-up:

The breakout this morning came very late, basically triggered by pre-news positioning, beginning about an hour before release of the Manufacturing PMI figures in Britain.

The “smart money” anticipated a bullish PMI report, and positioned themselves accordingly. Their buying pressure created the nice breakout we saw PRIOR to the news release. There are always a few heavy-hitters who think they “know something”, and sometimes they do.

If you got part of this morning’s breakout, congratulations — but, understand that news drove this breakout, and sleeping through news while orders are pending can burn you, as well as bless you.

Tonight’s set-up looks fairly typical, except for the fact that the current price of the GBP/USD is high. Although the price may not yet be at nose-bleed altitudes, it is facing increasing overhead resistance from here on up (if “up” is where it’s going).

The 15-minute chart (below) shows last night’s set-up, this morning’s breakout, and tonight’s set-up.

The monthly chart shows the GBP/USD for the past 16 years, to put it’s current price in historical perspective. Some of the resistance directly overhead is shown.

More later.

Clint

I don’t like it (the long wick) looks like somebody is playing with quick big orders just to spike. I have a look later or may not trade tonight.

I switch to EURUSD for tonight.
Usual, 30 50 :slight_smile:

It will trigger probably later in the early morning then the GBPUSD but that will be fine with me. :slight_smile:

Oscar, I’m curious, what’s that percent at the top of your chart?

I’m in at
buy @1.70082
sell @ 1.69022

30tp 50sl

Strange, IBFX allowed me to do a pending buy and sell ? !

A second look:

Tonight’s range, at 91 pips, is roughly equal to last night’s. It’s a little wider than we would like to see, but we can work with it.

I think we have to position ourselves for a breakout in either direction. The GU has been moving up smartly; and, until it tells us otherwise, “up” seems to be where it’s headed.

However, if it’s losing steam (and we don’t know that, yet), overhead resistance between 1.7000 and 1.7030 could cause some extreme volatility.

Look at the first chart, below. This is a 5-minute chart of last October. We have to go back that far to find the last time the GU was at the 1.7000 level. You will notice resistance at 1.7030 (the short horizontal line). But then, no significant resistance until a little above 1.7100 (the longer line).

Looking at the downside, the Curvilinear Regression Line (see the chart, below) indicates that the pair has strayed pretty far off the reservation (to the upside), and may be due for a sharp snap-back. I realize that the CR Line is not a widely-watched indicator, and I don’t mean to clutter up a simple Strategy with a bunch of unnecessary noise.

Numbers in a few minutes.

Clint

p.s. — regarding the current GBP/USD price level, in a historical perspective, at the end of the U.S. Civil War,
the GBP/USD was 9.9700 (1 pound = $9.97). Source: Measuring Worth - What Was Pound/ Dollar Exchange Rate Then?

My Entry Orders for this morning:

I will give this pair plenty of room on the upside to fight its way through the resistance that I anticipate between 1.7000 and 1.7030. If it makes it to 1.7040, I’m in.

On the downside, I will go with the usual LOW - 6 pips.

BUY 1.7040, SL(30) 1.7010, TP(20) 1.7060

SELL 1.6905, SL(30) 1.6935, TP(20) 1.6885

Good luck, guys.

Clint

Has i type this at 12.40 am(pacifac) the price has been boucing like a ping pong ball between are triggers i think iam out tonight the runs seemed to be petering out right before are triggers if your still in good luck this mourning.:slight_smile:

just for your information todays price action is similar to back in march

dump your trades and try another day if yoour trading real money

but if it’s still within the overnight range then it still has to break out right? it can’t stay in that range forever… right? well, my Oanda acct isn’t activated yet so still on demo. I’m going to leave my trades on and see what happens.
I see the danger in that though, it could trigger one trade then head the other way without hitting the TP and with hedging not allowed, then the opposite trade won’t happen.