Win ratio

if your on demo you might aswell leave what ever trades setup there, but i wouldnt place real money on it, just because i have been here before

Just dumped my trade +3pips on EU, the situation needs reassessmen, we may get a ranging week.
I knew something was up last night. :slight_smile: At least GU would have not been triggered so far, I guess nobody lost money yet.
Talon,
the percentage is telling how far the candle progressed in that timeframe, meaning M30 90% = 3 minutes left till candle is done.
It’s actually the same as on the side where it shows the spread and the number in between shows how many minutes left till candle is closing.
Just never took the percentage meter out, I usually look on the side how much time is left for the candle to close.
Master Candle just showed up, GU M30, normally I like to trade it, I think not right now, no real movement in the market. Will wait an other hour and watch.

[B]Morning, Oskar[/B]

Quit your complaining — at least you got some sleep! — :smiley:

(Now look what you made me do — I just used one of those stupid smilies.)

Been ranging since 1400 yesterday. Terrible breakout :frowning:

It’s all Trevpick fault, he never told us that his system is only working on the big swings and not in a ranging market. :smiley:
I just watch the USDJPY since it has a Mastercandle up, but it is a big MC, just watching I don’t like to trade the Yen.

lol it does work on a ranging market but it takes a bit more creativity, i think we are going to have to be on our toes for a bit and probly start thinking about collecting those small pips,
i dunno !!!:slight_smile:

I think so too. I may need to get up at night and trade manually, hmmmmmmmmmmmm I don’t like that. :rolleyes:

If it keeps ranging till tonight then I may trade in the morning instead, just scalped 8pips on GBPUSD. Better then none :slight_smile:

This morning I was trading more with Master Candle (MC) system, anybody else is paying attention to the NickB extended method with the MC?

Day two of my demo trade, 24 SL and 12 TP on GBP/USD, it was triggered long at 10:23am EDT and scored my 12 pips at 10:48am.

Looking good for the week!

This MC may very well complement tonights strategy nicely. I know, you think it is to far out, well, we will find out won’t we?.:slight_smile:

Oscar I’m not real familiar with master candle. I’m concentrating on this breakout strategy before I add in something else. But what little I do know aren’ t you supposed to look for a breakout from the master candle only a few candles after it? Like you said, it seems too far out.

Last night. I did leave my orders out there. My sell order got triggered and then later on it hit my stop loss. So that’s a lesson learned, when it’s in a range all day, go ahead and cancel orders and try again the next night.

what stratergy you using

Master candle is a breakout system too. I just looked and realized my chart does not show the MC very well. But my 2 yellow lines do. They are one pip above/below the last MC. 1 or 2 pip above/below is the confirmation to jump in.
The rest of the trading is the same as with Trevpick here. Choose your SL and TP and let it run, or trade it hands on or just watch it while you trade “your way”. :slight_smile:
It is not a new system and nothing new to learn. Just put the 2 files into your MT4 and they will show up in any chart any time-frame.
I think Alarm is on, meaning whenever a MC formed it will pop a window to tell you visual and sound. Changed in “inputs”, scroll to sound alert and change it to false or true to stop the alarm or start the alarm.
It is meant to trade with other S/R systems and NickB says he is using it on 1H charts.

MC.zip (6.19 KB)

Yes, but I don’t use NickB’s method for this, which…correct me if I am wrong, is just to trade a break of the MC candle line. I use trendlines and S&R in conjunction with it. You should read the thread over there and pretty much all posts by samarkand.

If you say the range started around beginning June then it has still been very profitable.
However, the GU price action today has been level all day?! Strange.

I’m trading GBP/USD at midnight EDT. I set my long 6 pips about the highest high from the “overnight” period (2pm EDT - 12am EDT) and 6 pips from the lowest low for my short. SL of 24 pips and a TP of 12 pips. I’ve only demoed the past two nights, both wins. I’m going to look if I can edit some things to make it more profitable later tonight or tomorrow.

thanks Oscar, I got that MC loaded.

your welcome.

I can’t believe the candle is still not triggered, meaning we have an other ranging night ahead of us. on the other hand I will place my orders.
Just moved my lines to the overnight trading.
I am placing
Long 1.6956
Short 1.6895

and see you in the morning. :slight_smile:

Tuesday Night Set-up:

We had no breakout this morning.

We have a very tight range tonight — 55 pips, so far — but, that could change in the next 90 minutes.
Generally, a tighter range suggests a higher probability for a breakout of that range.

For the past 36 hours, neither the potential buyers, nor the potential sellers, have had the courage or the strength to move this market.

The tentative HIGH and LOW are shown on the chart.

Resistance and Support:

R 1.7030 (see last night’s commentary)
R 1.7000

S 1.6878 — Monday 8/3 on the 09:20 GMT candle
S 1.6817 — Monday 8/3 on the 11:10 GMT candle
S 1.6778 — Sunday 8/2 high, on the 23:55 GMT candle

Economic News Reports scheduled for this morning:

06:00 GMT (2am EDT) — Halifax Bank of Scotland House Price Index month-over-month figures. If the GBP/USD is going to
break out Wednesday morning, this report could be the trigger.

08:30 GMT — British Manufacturing Production report, month-over-month figures

08:30 GMT — British Services Purchasing Managers’ Index

All three of these reports are considered to be high-impact for the GBP currency.

More in 90 minutes.

Clint

My Entry Orders for this morning:

BUY (HIGH + 9 pips) 1.6965, SL 1.6935, TP1 1.6985, TP2 1.7000

SELL (LOW - 6 pips) 1.6895, SL 1.6925, TP1 1.6875, TP2 1.6855

There are two possible minor resistance levels (in addition to the 1.7000 and 1.7030 levels previously mentioned).

They are 1.6968 and 1.6984, labeled “1” and “2”, respectively, on the chart.

And there is a possible minor support level at 1.6888, labeled “3” on the chart.

I’m essentially ignoring these three potential problem areas, and placing my entry orders on top of them.

Will the market continue to respect “Line 349”? We’ll know soon enough.

Good luck this morning.

Clint

Nice move at 1:15 am to 1:30 am (Pacifac)15 Minute candle over 50 pips.I knew when we got past 1.8947 it was clear sailing to our trigger.The thing was moving so fast i got an extra 7 pips:D.(manually) Total 5 for 6 98 pips(Demo) Have a great mourning.:smiley: