Win ratio

Whoops meant 1.6947:p

hmm a couple of good breakouts last night, our usual and I caught most of that :slight_smile:
but before that there was a break down from Clintā€™s line 349,
and Oscar there was a master candle which would have given a better entry if I could stay up all night.

Agree, on the M15chart 6:30GMT, 2:30 EDT. BUT, I am using it that way and it is not really how it was originally intended. Except, it works well for me. :slight_smile:
You will not find the same candle on the other time-frames. Switch to M30 and it is not there since you pack 2 M15 into 1 M30.
For educational purpose and how it was intended, head over to NickB website 4noobs and read the original there.
I strongly suggest that since there is a 3rd version that will send e-mail alerts too. Look in the forum section there, or on top of the page make search for 'Master Candle".
All charts are moving nicely this morning, time to go and make some pips. :slight_smile:

You can also make a search in babypips for master candle, comes to think of, I think SanMiguel wrote this one originally. :slight_smile:

Well I woke up this morning and another success, Iā€™m 3/3 so far with my attempt, some stats;

I created the order at 10:30pm EDT instead of the usual midnight only because I had some personal things to take care and couldnā€™t trade later.

Buy order at 1.69640 with TP at 1.69761 and a SL at 1.69400.

The trade was triggered at 4:28 and closed at 4:28 am, 12 pips in under a minute.

Lets see what tonight will hold.

Hope everyoneā€™s trades were profitable.

Buy @1.6963, S/L @1.6933, T/P @ 1.6983, profit 20 pips.

Smooth as silk, was the move triggered by the Halifax news?

did you close that trade manually? or did you have that TP already set ahead of time? Looks like you got out right near the top

Hi TalonD,

No Iā€™m working night shift in Thailand, I placed the order as normal and went off to bed. Lucky it closed near the top I suppose.

Picture perfect for me last night reading candles and moving averages on the method.A slow stream of red candles on 15 minute and 30 minute chart from 1.6946-47 to where it settled to the 1.6900 to 1.6920 where it consolidated.Then on 15 minute charts started to make inside candles which looked to me like a breakout was pending, wicks were breaking to the up side on the inside candles

The 4 hr chart to me was screaming hard break up my bias was to the up side to be honest i would have taken the the sell trigger but only with my demo account not with real money.Only because of that 4 hr chart was trending up and was consolidating because it was hitting historical resistence.

Hi, guys

I wonā€™t be posting charts tonight ā€” need to attend to some other things.

Iā€™m sure you guys will be fine on your own. Just keep doing what youā€™ve been doing:[B] Plan your trade, and trade your plan.[/B]

Clint

Iā€™ll miss your charts tonight Clint. Itā€™s always interesting to see you analysis

Hi, Iā€™m back for a minute.

If you have active pending orders on the GU this morning, you might want to cancel them now. The time window for a London Breakout (according to our strategy) is essentially closed.

Two hours from now, at 7am EDT (noon London time), the Bank of England will make an interest rate announcement. No matter what they announce, you probably donā€™t want to have orders and stop-losses hanging out there, just waiting to be picked off.

If you decide to keep your orders open, just understand that you are no longer trading the London Breakout Strategy ā€”
ā€” you are now trading the news. And this particular news can eat your lunch.

Weā€™ll go at it again in 18 hours, or so. But, once again, weā€™ll be up against news: first the British Producer Price Index, Friday
at 4:30am EDT (08:30 GMT, 9:30am London); and, then, the [B]U.S. Non-Farm Payroll Report (the 800-pound gorilla of news), [/B] plus the U.S. Unemployment Report, Friday morning at 8:30am EDT (12:30 GMT, 1:30pm London).

Have a great day.

Clint

For someone like myself who never trades news, can you give me/us some insight as to why the BoE has such as a massive effect and what it typically does to the currency market i.e. does it get really whippy, break-out/down, volatlile soars etc?

I appreciate the BoE IR announcement is important but I my perception is that traders know and appreciate the change (if any) and have already priced in to the market - am Iā€™m wrong?

I am out 2:30am (pacifac).Methods closed and so are my eyes:rolleyes: 20 pips up 20 pips down in 6 hrs.Clint,Trevor everybody have a great mourning.

Jumped ship too with +9pips. Lets see how the day progresses. :slight_smile:

WOW, what a drop right now at 7:03 EDT 11:03GMT and it was in short. Hindsight is 20/20. :smiley:

I had closed my orders too. But now I see that big drop, it would have been a pip maker! Is there a logical way to trade news ? Shouldnā€™t we leave our trades on in a situation like this where the pair is range bound and big news comming?

I lost 24 pips last, what kills me is if I wouldā€™ve stayed awake until midnight I wouldā€™ve gotten them, damn, broke my rules and I lost. Right now Iā€™m 2 wins 1 loss, pips P/L=0

I did the last few times on news, (not because I was smart, I was asleep, the news happened in my sleep :)) and they where all winners.
Now donā€™t take this for granted because it depends on the news and non farm is coming in a few minutes.
ReaperKK:
All 20/20 done, time to move on. :slight_smile:

I use MB Trading, have for 2 years. They are OK, no big complaints. Switching to MIG by end of the year on HIGH recommendations. I was advised to close out of MB Trading. I appreciate your intelligent posts. I am a passionate FOREX trader, and have gone through ALOT of losses to learn this. But I see the potential. Also, tks for easy to read charts. Iā€™ll be reading ur posts. Nancy from Miami.