Win ratio

Ok, I’m confused, my buy was initiated at 6722 it never reached nor got near my profit target of twenty pips or even 15…is there that big of a difference in charting software and brokers?

Actually I rode this in to the dirt for a hefty lose, however working my way back…

on my chart the price never got above 1.67170. My sell got triggered and I made 25 pips.

1.67225 was my buy. I didn’t think about the spread, so it did get close to my buy but not quite. IBFX

I’ve been setting it 6pips above the high so from now own I’ll make it 6 plus the spread of about 4.

Iono i went to dailyfx i double checked. The highest it went on there chart was 1.6718 but with lets say a 4 pip spread it would of triggered.:frowning:

RCarter Hmmmmmmm,
maybe so, but first this early morning it went short. My order for long 1.6733. If it goes till the end of the day to 1.68xx I reach my target again.
I don’t post my SL (50) TP (30) anymore since I use always the same.
So where am I wrong?
It is now 10:50GMT and the candles are slowly rising.

Right now instead of let it go, I could readjust my long and wait, or cancel and reassess. :slight_smile:
At the moment I consider it sideways, even tough the candles are 20+ pips and a good trader would know and take them. That’s not me (yet) :slight_smile:
Oopps forgot my main-chart I always use first is M30

Thanks, yup that’s what I saw, I was going long of course going short, pips well made, me long on the other hand :eek:

Well, looks as if I"m in your camp as I went long a while back, if not this order will be riding for a while because it has to hit 68 sometime in 09 :stuck_out_tongue:

:):slight_smile: It may never make the Long today and RCarter ows me a beer. :slight_smile:
Just checked out all the other charts a bit and the only one not ranging is the EG right now.

EG has even a MC, I like to trade does, very seldom that they don’t make money. Except if they are triggered I don’t enter anymore and this one was triggered at 6:30edt 10:30gmt.
Darn, I was up already just didn’t check out all the charts yet. It’s early Monday plenty of time to make or loose money. :):eek:

Success. Thanks Clint.

So would this day be conisdered a one trade day? Have you removed your buy order at 1.6725 or are you leaving it there? If you are leaving it what time, EST, will you remove it if not triggered?

Firstfx,

Generally, the rules say that when one order (buy or sell) is triggered, you cancel the other order. That’s what I did this morning.

Trevor says occasionally he plays it both ways, for a two-bagger.

Generally, the rules say that if neither order has triggered by about 5am EDT (09:00 GMT) , you cancel both of them.

Of course, you’re free to make up your own rules. But, if you leave your orders open late into the morning, you’re no longer trading the London Breakout Strategy — you’re trading some other strategy.

Clint

RCarter, since you are a pro at trading, do you have your way of trading somewhere posted on BPips?
Would you mind telling us how you trade?
I would appreciate the opportunity to learn something. Always trying to chase the “non existing holly grail” but at least I would like to get as close as possible. :slight_smile:
I, for myself speaking, was wrong a couple times, hmmmmmm OK, OK, more then a couple times, that’s why I always like to learn more.
Since you are a pro you trade for or with other peoples money, I am sure you must have many more winners then losers, otherwise the customers would be gone fast.
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks

Interesting. Buy order cancelled. I would like to stick to the London Breakout Strategy.

I set up my orders last night and left it, TP of 12 pips and SL of 24 and I got stopped out, looking at the chart there was a spike that took me out which sucks because overall it’s on a downtrend.

SL is the key, I know with SL of 50 I am high but then it does not take me out that easy by spikes. Trade-off? Since my TP is 30, with 1 SL that hits me I loose 1 2/3 of my profits.
So far it did not happen so I keep it for ALL my trades.

[B]RCarter[/B]
Where is my BEEEEEEEEERRRR ??? :slight_smile:

Oskar, what’s your winning percentage, and do you do a set it and forget type thing?

I never made a exact winning count since my account is just going up and therefore I don’t care, but I had my losers too. Conservative calculating I can say I have 75% winners, probably even 80%.
I trade the overnight “set and forget” since I like my “beauty-sleep” :slight_smile:
Serious, somehow at night I make the wrong decisions. When I did trevpick manual at 0100AM EDT then I would watch and watch and watch and get bored and then start scr$#@%ing around with it (probably because I want to go to sleep) and then I jump out and go to bed.
Now, much better, I always be up late ~10:00/11:00 PM EDT and it looks like most of the time to set the overnight at that time is just fine. Last night I realized I was to early, logged back on to Oanda again and it was triggered already. Now that was wrong, that’s why I changed my Long and was lucky to jump still with profit (+0.4) and not loss, but I would have taken the little loss first, since the short was still on.
Actually RCarter made me do it :slight_smile: he was convincing about his 1.68xx so I covered just in case.
It was the reason to move the Long as far as I did, I wanted the Long covered, tough, I did not think it would make it, yet I never knew that for sure. :slight_smile:
Again 50 SL proofed itself, since the spike went over 40 pips and right down again.

Guys, I guess those spikes of yours could have been caused by stop hunting by your brokers. I have never had that problem with my broker and neither did today. The period high was 1.67163 and did not fire my long order. My short order was successful. (I have tried a couple of variations recently and prefer TP=12p, SL=24p).

That was probably the candle considered as a “spike” (Arrow) (usually called a wick if it moved in a normal fashion) since the candle before triggered the entry.
I usually consider it a spike if it moves really fast up/down. I don’t know how fast it happened (since I was sleeping) but if you had a 24pip SL, you are out. :frowning: