Win ratio

Ok, I see. Sorry, I got that wrong.

I had placed my entry below that (1.6643), so I did not suffer from that drawdown. It looks like a bump from the xx50 level support, which I am a bit afraid of. That entry of mine was based on the low that formed a couple of hours before the overnight period. The difference in pips was small, but enough!

I just opened the 1-min chart, and it shows me that the spike reached its top in 7 minutes after reaching the lowest low at 1.66509. And it took one hour before going below 1.6650.

A channel has formed

As always, we begin by pulling up charts and asking, ā€œWhat are the charts showing us?ā€

The charts are showing us a well-formed descending channel over the past 3 days.

On the 15-minute chart below, notice points 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Points 1 and 2, on the upper channel boundary line, were the take-off points for sharp down-moves toward the lower channel boundary line. But, point 3 was the take-off point for a flat move across the channel toward the upper channel boundary line.

If history repeats itself, point 4, where we are now, could be like point 3. That is, we may get a weak breakout Tuesday morning (or no breakout, at all) as the GU begins a flat move across the channel toward the upper channel boundary line.

Or, maybe none of the above will happen. Channels, and all other patterns, are temporary things, subject to being discarded at any time. The GU could blast off in a totally unexpected direction Tuesday morning. Thatā€™s why weā€™ll be ready to buy ā€” or sell ā€” depending on where this thing decides to go.

More later.

Clint

OSKAR

Yep time to eat humble pie :smiley: Last time I stick my neck out, was bound to get it chopped off! Thing is I was half right. I knew it would carry on down not up after BoE anounced ļæ½175 bill ā€™ quantitative easingā€™. But thought it was entirely possible it would retrace to 1.68.

Very well doneā€¦ you were exactly on the money. Consider my ass kicked and next time your across the pond Iā€™ll buy you a whole keg of beer! :smiley:

Glad you can take it. :slight_smile:
I know I am always wrong until the next day with money in my pocket (or not). :slight_smile:
Tonightā€™s take:
long 1.6530
Short 1.6426

I stick to it :wink: hmmmmm

Thanks Clint for the chart, at the moment candle is nice in the middle of my lines, can go either way, just the way I like it. Of course only if it brakes out +30 pips one way or the other. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m right there close Oscar. long 1.6533 short 1.64265
Iā€™m using a 25tp and 35sl

Iā€™m with Robert in thinking itā€™s going up. I think itā€™s in some oversold territory right now.
we shall seeā€¦

Prognosticationā€¦ I predict it will break up this time, well I predicted that last night and got it wrongā€¦ 50 50 chance anyway.
and then a dip in price about 8am gmt
whattaya think?

Oanda returned my deposit because I used a different paypal email address vs. the email address that I signed up with :frowning: and I thought Id be trading real money tonight

TALOND

After last night Iā€™m saying nothing :smiley: But have already got my target today and 15 pips towards tomorrows. :slight_smile:

Notes on the London Breakout Strategy for Tuesday morning:

If the GBP/USD is about to do a flat crawl across the chart, toward the upper channel boundary line, then you might want to actively manage your position Tuesday morning. A tentative breakout could trigger one of your orders, followed by weak movement which fails to reach your TP (as happened to some of us last Friday morning).

If you donā€™t have the luxury of staying up to watch your position, then you might want to avoid an overly-ambitious profit target. Something like 15 pips, or less, would be prudent.

Otherwise, I donā€™t see any reason to deviate from our normal plan this morning.

Resistance and Support for Tuesday morning:

If either channel boundary line is broken, a significant move in the direction of the break could result.

R ā€“ 1.6600
R ā€“ 1.6585 ā€“ July 23 high
R ā€“ 1.6555 ā€“ July 28 high, and the upper channel boundary line at approx. 07:00 GMT

S ā€“ 1.6400
S ā€“ 1.6381 ā€“ July 26 low
S ā€“ 1.6354 ā€“ July 16 low, and the lower channel boundary line at approx. 06:00 GMT
S ā€“ 1.6337 ā€“ July 29 low

News releases:

There are no high-impact news releases affecting the GBP or the USD until Wednesday morning.
The calendar for the rest of this week is at the bottom of this post (I had to reduce it, so put on your reading glasses).

The Period HIGH is 1.6524 (bid). The Period LOW is 1.6430 (bid).

My Entry Orders for Tuesday morning:

Iā€™m increasing my stop-loss (on the Buy order) to 40 pips (from my usual 30) in order to get it away from the 1.6500 area.

BUY (@ HIGH + 9 pips) 1.6533, SL(40) 1.6493, TP(20) 1.6553

SELL (@ LOW - 6 pips) 1.6424, SL(30) 1.6454. TP(20) 1.6404

Good luck.

Clint

Oh wellā€¦no breakout today. Orders cancelled.

5am New York time, and Iā€™m out as well.

closed mine too. I tried keeping them open the last time it did this because I figured itā€™s still in a range so it has to break out eventually, but ended up loosing when I did that so now Iā€™m sticking to the original plan

Just canceled mine too. Now Plan B has to kick in. :slight_smile:

Closed my trades for tonight, no break out it seems, I guess Iā€™ll have to wait for tonight for another opportunity.

My were bearish tonight. ā€˜The darkest hour is before the dawnā€™ chaps!

Looking at the GU 1h chart, its getting pretty close the the outer channel. Anyone think its lining up for a break up ā€˜long positionā€™? Pretty solid support for many hours now.

OSKAR after last nights spot on prediction, Iā€™d be interested to hear your thoughts? I have two postions long. Order book suugests the smart monet is slowly positioning itself for an up tomorrow.

When i turned off the computer this mourning i thought the 2 and 4 hr time frames looked like it would break are 1.6533 by tonight i see the 2 hr stalled and sputtered when i turned on the computer this afternoon .Lets see what the night brings us.

Canā€™t believe how slow it is all day. Yen and swiss franc where the only movers today. Right now it is to early to predict anything. Many times you can see how GU and EG are doing the opposite of each other and this 2 give you some telltale of a breakout, not today they are nicely in sync with each other. So I wait, ā€œpatience is a virtue :)ā€

OSKAR

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your input. Yep its sure hard to call on this one. Still made my play, got two big positions for a long. Now Iā€™m really sticking my neck out :smiley:

OSKAR

OK here we go. Asian open. lets see if this time you can buy me the beers :smiley:

ah predictions. for what itā€™s worth Iā€™ve been expecting a big up move the last couple days. Due to an oversold indicator. yeah I know everyone frowns on indicators. But still, I canā€™t help playing around with them some.

-Mike