Win ratio

CLINT

So I cant temp you… good for you!

I dont want to prempt your charts for tonight. But back room analyists are suggesting the recent down trend on GU is at an end. Pivot point is 1.6525. Suggesting Long T1 1.6670 and T2 1.6720

Talon i vote for the sooner the better.:)I think for reasons getting of the ground with a live account so we dont get discouraged while starting out.The true test of my mental stability is going to be with drawdowns.

Very early prediction but the reason is, all quiet so far, low volume.

Long 1.6614
Short 1.6545

and for the SL and TP people 50, 30. :slight_smile:

I do have a good reason for 50.

I may change it later, for right now it looks good.

We pull up our charts and ask, “What are the charts showing us tonight?”

my range lines are at 1.65509 low and 1.66044 high, I already set my sell at 1.65450 but waiting till later to set up the buy.

It appears that the HIGH and LOW have been established for tonight. But, wait to place your entry orders until the end of the Period, unless you need your beauty sleep now (like Oskar).

Somebody sent me a picture of Oskar. I hope this was BEFORE his beauty sleep!

I just set my buy, had set my sell earlier. I don’t need beauty sleep, I just keep getting better looking each day… And I’m modest too

:smiley:

Hi, Mike

I’m fixin’ to set mine, as well.

Notes on the London Overnight Breakout Strategy for Friday morning:

Thursday night’s set-up looks typical, with the possibility for a breakout in either direction.

We don’t care which way it breaks — that’s why we straddle the Overnight Period with Buy and Sell orders.
But, as the first chart of the night (post #864) shows, the GU is signaling an upward bias.

Resistance and Support:

R – 1.6700 – century mark
R – 1.6667 – August 13 high
R – 1.6650 – August 7, 16:00 GMT candle low
R – 1.6632 – August 13, 13:00 GMT candle high

S – 1.6524 – August 10 overnight period high
S – 1.6500 – century mark
S – 1.6470 – August 11 overnight period low
S – 1.6430 – August 10 low

Scheduled News Releases:

Only one item: at 8:30am EDT (12:30 GMT) U.S. Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) month-over-month figures will be released
— not likely to affect the Friday morning breakout.

The Period HIGH is 1.6606. The Period LOW is 1.6552.

Entry Orders for this morning:

All the charts that I post are Bid charts, and the prices shown are Bid prices. I will set my entry orders in the usual way,
9 pips above the HIGH (bid) to allow for a 3-pip spread, and 6 pips below the LOW (bid).

BUY (@ HIGH + 9 pips) 1.6615, SL(30) 1.6585, TP(20) 1.6635

SELL (@ LOW - 6 pips) 1.6546, SL(30) 1.6576, TP(20) 1.6526

Take your last shot before the weekend. Good luck this morning!

Clint

My period high shows 1.6606 and low is 1.6552. So orders entered same as Clint.

Good luck to all.

Well, we took a hit this morning. It happens. Shrug it off.

Let’s re-group, and start fresh Sunday night.

Have a great weekend, guys.

Clint

p.s. - don’t forget to cancel your Buy order (unless you really mean to play the upside).

well, my sell got triggered, then stopped out for a loss. :frowning:

Well at least it was a early 10:30(pacifac)kick in the pants.:smiley:
(7-8 for 122 pips demo)(1-2 for 5 pips) -17 pips tonight.

Lets kick some but next week. Have a great weekend guys!:)

Hi Clint,
Love my new picture you posted, I look like that all day. :smiley:
I am sorry to say but proofed my point for SL50, I did not get hit and got my 30TP, plus I had a good night sleep on top of it.

Yes. stopped out her too. Next week it is.

What was your reason for using the SL 50? Do you normally trade SL50 and TP 30?

I got stopped out too, not bad, only one loss for the week. I did some backtesting and I’m liking the SL of 30 and TP of 20 so I’m going to do some more backtesting and see how things are. I have a lot time over the weekend :).

In hindsight 50 sl would have saved me last night but didn’t want to risk that much. I’m still wondering if we can have some kind of group consensus as what’s the best TP and SL ? Probably not , everyone has their own preferences.

ok a bit of levity, it is the weekend after all.
so… Price always goes against me so I’ve come to the conclusion that every time I enter a buy order it creates a resistance level in the market and every time I enter a sell order it creates a support zone.
(amazing that newbie can have so much influence !)
So I have a brilliant idea for a trading strategy. You all decide which way you want price to move and I’ll enter an order in the opposite direction. You guys reap the profits and send me a small percent for my part in the deal… we’ll make gazillions !
whaddaya think?

note: The preceding announcement was a humorous interlude. Had this been an actual trading strategy, you would have been instructed where to tune in your area for more instructions. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread…

TALOND

Interesting, I know of a top tier trader who adopts that exact aproach. I kid you not!

He (and it is a he) analyses the charts for around 30 mins, draws a conclusion then places a trade against it! He made top retail trader at FXCM retail newbie! Now is driving around in a Mazarati! :smiley:

TALOND

Your already covered, But CLINT, i’ve lost your email address. Would like to send you some info. It requires monitor time so dont know if it applies to you and your strategy? Since you’ve declared your one of the ‘untouchables’ i.e. I cant temp you with a job… I’ll pass it on! :slight_smile: