Win ratio

Just a straight take profit.

I’m creating one but it’s not working 100% yet.
That was only for backtesting, which Phil has done - I prefer to look at these manually each day so I can guage S&R etc.

just out of curiosity how you getting on with EUR/USD on this strat i only ever concentrated on cable so youd know more than me if you have tried it

Not had a look at EURUSD yet but I’ll bring up the chart. I tried it on USDCAD for a couple of days, worked both times. Tried it on EURGBP today which was a success. Be warned though EURGBP is a very slow mover. However, it doesn’t tend to spike much either, you will have to go for less pips.

I’m not sure whether trying it on different pairs is a good idea yet or not as it would have to be GBP, EUR, USD, JPY varieties and it might be increasing risk especially on crosses.

Hi SanMiguel,
I actually try a few different charts with your time frame and with Trepick time-frame. Overall it looks to me on the major pairs EURGBP, EURUSD Trevpick time frame is better since his times are more quiet.
The lines on the chart are Trevpick, all black between blue is your time frame.
Blue means trading time.
GBPUSD, EURUSD is Trevpick black and your times are the lines.
This is tonight,
Happy Trading

i cant decide setting the highs between overnight highs or yesterdays highs both are so close, i think im might call it a early week

I think the current High and Low look great. So, I’m in at:

Buy @ 1.6452 — TP @ 1.6462 — SL @ 1.6422, and

Sell @ 1.6352 — TP @1.6342 — SL @ 1.6382

I’m only going for 10 pips, so I’m not too intimidated by yesterday’s high @ 1.64681 Bid.

I’ve gone for yesterday’s high as it’s too close for me. Could be interesting.
I close everything out by 1200GMT on Fridays usually.

thanks i followed your advice 10 pips straight in

sometime’s it dont look clear not even for me hehe

this is one of the best stratergies i have ever come up with (times anyway) even if i say so myself it seem to have really big spike over the last few weeks

Well, the 3:10am EDT candle just triggered my Buy order, and hit my TP. So, I’m done for the week.

Y’all have a great weekend!

Clint

Yep I also got my profit for today. Didn’t change anything and got my 30 pips!!!

Entered a buy at 1.6450.

Trev,

Just a quick question for you. If this method continues to be successful, what will you do when the clocks go back. Will you change to GMT and keep the time lines between 7pm and 5am?

Thanks,

Mickey.

did you get your target on the highs from yesterday aswell

honest answer is i dont know- we will have to probbly demo test it when the hours change for a week or 2 just to test the water but my gut feeling will be that yes we will have to rewind one hour because the time i chose were the inbetween the lowest volume hours which happend to be the times we are using now so any chages to clock would have to be ammended on the chart’s to get it right.

well done for your profit today

Yesterday was a profit. Today is looking iffy. If I’d stuck with the plan I would have got more than 26 pips by now. As it is I am on -10 but hoping this support from yesterday’s highs may hold out.

trust me i had the same problem this morning in the end i took the over night highs with i knowing that the trailing stop would kick in at least if it didnt go my way and b/e but true to form it was no diffrent to any other day

hope it turns around for you mate

good luck

I might have my lines wrong. The set up was:

sell at 1.6409

SL at 1.6439

TP at 1.6375

It works OK. spreed included

Have a good weekend

Terachon

Not sure what you are trading but it ain’t the strat. as set out
on page 2 of this thread.

Top line should have been in the region of 1.6443 + 6 pips buy
order,

Bottom line 1.6358 + 6 sell order.

Edit 1.6358 -6

Highest candle on my chart 1.6442 +6 = 1.6448
Lowest 1.6358 -6 = 1.6352

then of course we can’t argue with his 34 pips profit either :smiley:

depending on what platform you are using it might you might have to add 3 pips on the buy because my mettrader shows the BID price so i have to add 3 pips to the top line just because you could enter a trade to early